SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Read up on the Weimar Republic in Germany between the world wars.
Some similarity there with our current situation.

Were getting closer each year.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Saw this article the other day. Seems to be set up for cellphones. Link

The article has some good info and gives a voice to the Fed agents but, to me, is clearly biased in favor of the rioters. One description and quote of a rioter stuck in my mind:

[On this night, Rogers wore a helmet and carried a blue shield made out of the side of a plastic barrel. Like most days, he spent most of the protest trying to take down the fence and screaming at the federal agents guarding it, asking them to explore their conscience.

After six years working for the military, Rogers said he felt better equipped than many to find talking points that might make the agents think about their mission more critically.

“I think it is a good idea to try to plant some seeds in their heads for ... them to go home and sleep on. These are people’s kids and mothers and wives and daughters that they’re gassing and they’re going to have to go home to THEIR mothers and wives and daughters,” said Rogers, as explosive booms echoed around him. "I try to encourage them to think about the fact that they’re on the wrong side of history and that they will not be treated so kindly.”]

To me this gives every indication of their true ideology- it is not about "justice" but "revenge" and "cleansing" of those who think "wrong". Pure Marxism.

They are out to kill Liberty.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, man. Hang in there.

BTW, if he's elderly, I'm elderly. Nevertheless, he's correct; this is just not right.

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I posted earlier about a fantastic video by Heather Mac Donald hosted by the Center of the American Experiment, John Hinderaker of Powerline Blog is president.

Here is a link to the current (as of 3:45 pm PDT) YouTube video. The earlier post of the video was removed by YouTube, and Hinderaker protested that removal.

Heather MacDonald, the author of The War on Cops, is the country's leading authority on real and imaginary police violence and the claims of violence that are used to support the riots. You woe it to yourself and your country to watch this.

I urge you to watch the whole 40 minute video. Heather MacDonald video

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLaSFa6nyCA

I’m as pro LE as one can be but what I’ve seen in major cities has me concerned about their loyalty to the constitution. If given orders against the law of the land I fear they will not go against the grain. Would you go against the LE in the above video with light rifles? Another question...what about logistics, resupply etc. if this breaks out?I believe other countries will become involved to answer the above.

If the US divides into separate countries it will not stand.

Posts: 51 | Registered: June 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, I'm beginning to get contacted by the more passive, sleepy types about what they should do now. They are asking if I have extra guns/ammo I'm willing to sell. "What kind of other preparations should I make?" A couple of years ago I read a post by Parabellum stating that it's quiet now. Time to stock up. I did. These are people I've been advising to prepare for years, but they delayed.

I can see that the subversives in our society, those who claimed they didn't exist, have done their damage. They've undermined the youth, the family, the moral learning centers, the culture. It happened progressively; one benign step at a time into oppression. They've conditioned us to oppress each other in some perverse self defense mechanism. They've convinced too many of us that collective condemnation is justice while our founding principles codify justice to be individual. Ultimately we are oppressed by the ignorance of a population too distracted by trifles and pettiness. What we have now are the consequences. Our differences are irreconcilable now.

What frustrates me is that our representatives will not correct this nor are we allowed to do it. We must sit and watch them do nothing or be prosecuted ourselves. It is a sick science fiction plot......except it is real and at our gate. What needs to be done must be done now before the trouble increases. The rioters are emboldened because they know we are bound by political correctness. If they knew they'd be run down with zero consequences to the drivers, they wouldn't block the roads. If they knew there would be an opposing overwhelming army of angry armed citizens with no consequences, they would not march riot and burn anymore. There is an answer to all of this but we must put away our chains and timidity. My practical side tells me this won't happen.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^ I'm prepared. Well I don't think anyone's completely prepared. But I'm certainly more prepared than I was before I joined Sigforum!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
The rioters are emboldened because they know we are bound by political correctness. If they knew they'd be run down with zero consequences to the drivers, they wouldn't block the roads. If they knew there would be an opposing overwhelming army of angry armed citizens with no consequences, they would not march riot and burn anymore. There is an answer to all of this but we must put away our chains and timidity. My practical side tells me this won't happen.

This is one of the reasons George Soros spends so much money on local DA races. Elections that used to see candidates spend $25-50K are now seeing Soros fund far-left radical candidates with up to $1 million. These are prosecutors like Kim Gardner in St. Louis who dropped charges against every single person arrested for rioting but tried to prosecute the couple defending their homes with guns.

They want us to be afraid to resist. They want to demoralize us, frighten us and threaten us. They want to weaponize the power of the state against us. The St. Louis couple has the money to fight back, but how many people could afford a real defense to a serious prosecution?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taltexan:

I’m as pro LE as one can be but what I’ve seen in major cities has me concerned about their loyalty to the constitution.

The video you referenced has little to do with the scenarios happening in cities right now. The police are not the problem.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be the 64th night in a row that they will riot in Portland between midnight and 5AM PST.
Pre-staging of their weapons of war starts around 9PM.
It has become a form of entertainment and business for many.

The lasers they are using to blind the Federal Officers look to be exceptionally powerful.

From these two screen captures you can see the blue laser just to the left of the officer, and then moved to directly shine on the officers face.

This is not a protest, it’s a war game these kids like to play every night.
They actively work to injure officers, and oddly complain about the use of expired canisters of CS gas.
They claim the expired gas is more harmful.

The leaders and those that provide funding, need to be caught and held accountable.
Those getting caught are simply the vulnerable fools, willing to pickup and utilize weapons left for them.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
quote:
Originally posted by taltexan:

I’m as pro LE as one can be but what I’ve seen in major cities has me concerned about their loyalty to the constitution.

The video you referenced has little to do with the scenarios happening in cities right now. The police are not the problem.

I disagree. If they were doing there job these cities would not be in the shape there in. Police are going to do what they are told to do regardless of their oath. Sorry if that offends but it’s happening.

Posts: 51 | Registered: June 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do you think the police can go out there and do whatever they want? What color is the sky in your world?

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the police have become a political weapon...since when aren't they allowed to enforce a law that is on the books by the simple declaration of a 2-bit mayor.

the mayor could say its ok to rob a bank and the cops are supposed to follow that?

I just don't get these people

btw - green tip ammo is getting hard to find

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Tonight will be the 64th night in a row that they will riot in Portland between midnight and 5AM PST.
Pre-staging of their weapons of war starts around 9PM.
It has become a form of entertainment and business for many.
What I find most infuriating about this nonsense is that The governor, the mayor, and the Fed's if deemed necessary, could meet this afternoon, discuss goals and options, deploy whatever needed, and put an end to this whole thing in a matter of hours. This is solvable in short order, assuming those in Oregon (and Portland specifically) had any interest in doing the jobs they where elected to do. Our county mayor, a moron of immense proportions, is as dumb as dirt, but even he knows that allowing this sort of behavior would land him in the fight of his life with local residents and taxpayers, a fight he and his political career would not recover from.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The topic of this thread is one that hits me very hard and is something I feel very strongly about. I will probably end up overposting here, so please tell me if it's too much.

One thing about the right is that we are very slow to anger and even slower to act on our anger. We generally avoid boycotts because politics is not life to us and we can easily separate politics from the companies and products we enjoy.

But one of my current missions is to make sure that MLB, NBA and NFL suffer. Not because their message is wrong, although it most certainly is, but because the message doesn't belong in professional sports, which is an escape for so many.

I've recently said that if we can't give up spending our time and money watching ungrateful multi-millionares toss a ball around then it's hard to have any hope that we are ready for the fight that is upon us to save the country.

Here is a video of the first NBA game of the reopened season, with players, refs and coaches in BLM t-shirts kneeling for the anthem after a recorded presentation about systemic racism and social justice. Who the hell wants to deal with that to watch a game? Not this guy. Tell me it doesn't make your blood boil.

As far as I'm concerned, the MLB, NFL and especially the NBA with its close partnership with the Chinese Communist government, are all dead to me.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of raw footage of the insurrection on twitter. You won't see most of it on your normal news stations. It will enrage you.

It's important to understand how bad it is in the hotspots. It is the Marxist vision for America.

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
^^ I'm prepared. Well I don't think anyone's completely prepared. But I'm certainly more prepared than I was before I joined Sigforum!

If you haven't already, see if you can combine with like-minded people near you to work as a team both in defense and survival activities. I think that is what would be most effective in the long run. Whatever you might lack, the others can accommodate. Synergy, I think it's called.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So why isn't this being put to good use?

Or the system that sprays some kind of stinking skunk scent, or whatever it is?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
I disagree. If they were doing there job these cities would not be in the shape there in. Police are going to do what they are told to do regardless of their oath. Sorry if that offends but it’s happening.

It is the fact that the Police aren't allowed to do their jobs in those cities and that is why those cities are shit holes. Police can ONLY arrest, The Prosecutor has to convict them and then they have to serve jail or prison time. Right now, Police are arresting.......it is the rest of the system that is screwed up, all for the progressive liberal idea of no bonds/no convictions/no jail time. After the tenth or one hundredth arrest with no charges filed against the suspect, what can the police actually do? Also since the Soro's sponsored Prosecutors have been elected, we have seen the Mayors/City Manages in those areas also start to embrace the progressive liberal agenda. This is also affecting the Police Departments. We will see quite a few officers retire or go elsewhere and it will be interesting IF they can even hire replacements.

As for the Area Denial System posted above, what is the price tag on it? Think your local PD is going to be able to afford it? Oh yeah, I can see the Federal Judges lining up right now to ban it.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
another attempt to pour gas on the fire

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mic...rren-wilson-shooting

A St. Louis County, Mo., prosecutor said Thursday that he will not be charging the White police officer who shot 18-year-old Michael Brown in 2014, after quietly reopening the investigation .

Civil rights leaders and Brown's mother reportedly hoped that Prosecuting Attorney Wesley Bell, who became the county’s first Black prosecutor in January 2019, might reopen the investigation into police officer Darren Wilson, who shot Brown six years ago.

Bell told reporters today that his decision was “one of the most difficult things I’ve had to do."

really ?

But after a five month investigation into the case’s evidence, witness statements and forensic reports, he came to the conclusion that “we cannot prove that he” committed murder or manslaughter.

A federal investigation and a grand jury cleared Wilson of all charges months after Brown's death in 2014.

Bell didn’t face any backlash when he re-reviewed the investigation into Brown’s shooting because Wilson was never charged or tried, and there is no statute of limitations on murder charges.

“Although this case represents one of the most significant moments in St. Louis’s history, the question for this office was a simple one: Could we prove beyond a reasonable doubt that when Darren Wilson shot Michael Brown he committed murder or manslaughter under Missouri law?” Mr. Bell said during a press conference Thursday.

“After an independent and in-depth review of the evidence, we cannot prove that he did.”

“There are so many points at which Darren Wilson could have handled the situation differently and if he had, Michael Brown might still be alive,” Bell told reporters.

Bell noted that just because Wilson was not found guilty of murder or manslaughter, he had not been exonerated.

makes me sick reading this regurgitated BS

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post