SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm ashamed to report that one of my pistols is lost/stolen, and I don't know how! *** UPDATE (p. 5): Major embarrassment, because I found it. ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm ashamed to report that one of my pistols is lost/stolen, and I don't know how! *** UPDATE (p. 5): Major embarrassment, because I found it. *** Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I misplaced a shield for 5-6 months. I was positive I'd hidden it when my nephews popped over for a surprise visit.

I looked and looked and couldn't find it anywhere. Finally I found it where I thought I'd stuck it. I apparently didn't look good enough.

Didn't let the nephews come around for that entire time. I just wan't comfortable thinking that if I turned my back for a second they would find it.

New rule is no one comes over w/o calling first so that I have time to put things away properly. I KNEW it was in the house but I almost filed a report 3-4 times...

So glad I found it.

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Sure enough, in the sock was the M60.

That's some story. Do you still have the M60?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Whoo hoo!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Woodman:

Wait a minute here. You're telling us you keep looking after you found the item? Of course its the last place you look, because for most of us we stop looking when we find the item. Really.

No, I've looked in the same place twice for something and found it the second time. Or the third time. My mantle is cluttered with lots of "important" Roll Eyes stuff.

The last time I "lost" something important ... it was in a safe place I put it. And I swear, I must have glanced right at the spot six times

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Good deal. I'm glad it turned up and there was no shenaniguns at the dealership. A good lesson for us all.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it turned up.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might feel bad for everything, but think about this... at least its not is the hands of a thief, felon or on the streets causing chaos.

That should make you feel better. Wink

Happy outcome!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife was looking for her sunglasses today and they were on top of her head Big Grin

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
You have socks big enough to conceal an M60? Wow!

flashguy

You don't? Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Glad all turned out well, only mistake made is forgetting where the pistol was. No harm done and I bet you will not do that again.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
Glad all turned out well, only mistake made is forgetting where the pistol was. No harm done and I bet you will not do that again.

I have said "I bet I will not do that again" many times. It is very comforting.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am happy you found your pistol, Quang, and humbled that my post helped.

It is also why I am no longer ashamed of my "footprints" in life.

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Well Mr 12131, that was like finding that $100 bill you thought had slipped out of your wallet, but instead was folded neatly between some business cards.

Of course dimwits like myself go spouting off about securing guns, etc..

Glad you found your Ruger.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you found it!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
Your not alone in this situation, glad you found it.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Kinda like getting a free gun Big Grin

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
UPDATE:

After all that, I located the gun.

sigmonkey's post on page 2 about his gun in the hotel room gave me the nudge to search the house again, and, the third time was the charm. Found it, in its case, in the garage, inside the the desk drawer of the AR15 work station that's now use as storage space. Maybe I put it there on the day I took the car to the shop, who knows. I can only speculate now, because I truly do not remember when I put it there. Roll Eyes

I feel really bad, that because of my stupidity, I suspected innocent people of a crime that never happened. Apology went out to the dealership.
Also, let the SO know that I've found it.

One good thing that came out of this is a lot of of good advice/comments/opinions I got from the thread. Thank you, everyone, for your time.

Glad you found it and a crime wasn't committed. That said, lets keep things in perspective...you did lose track of a firearm that doesn't appear to have been secured. We can all learn a lesson from this.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Very glad you found the pistol.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I did the opposite of this once, I found a gun in my trunk. If you have so many of the things you forget what you own it is time​ to downsize.

I have been as low as 3 but...good deals and uppers getting lowers keeps the number around 8 (10).

I keep the count low with high end optics and parts.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
....there was that time a specialty historic 22 disappeared in my sector....for months....and months.....to the point I my friend was going to file report....

after the 32nd 'search everywhere' routine I my friend searched somewhere else....

it had fallen off the rear of a shelf in the safe and wedged between the wall & shelf. So small it was not visible, but detected due to careful palpation. Boy did I my friend feel like an idiot....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post