SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
They oughta rename the Atilis Gym to The Alamo.

Hang in there and keep fighting this heavy handedness.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Ramius you represent us well!
Go Fund me:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mk6...ign=p_cp+share-sheet

Ha! I’m glad people aren’t backing down. Smile

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Late to the party but GREAT job, Ramius! And proud to be on this forum when I read (most of) you guy's responses.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
This ridiculous shit is almost enough to make me sign up for facebook so I can leave a thoughtful post on the Bellmawr police facebook page.

Don't bother, the chicken shit commie fucks took their FacePlant page down.

On their own website there is no way to contact them. If what they are doing was so honorable, and Constitutional, I doubt there would be pushback. If there was no pushback, the chicken shit commie fucks wouldn't have taken down their FacePlant page.

ARman

Posts: 3152 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Ramius: Thank you for your individual effort and sacrifice.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Here's their email address: police@bellmawr.com

I sent the following on Tuesday after RAMIUS' arrest.

quote:
Dear Sir or Madam:

It's absolutely appalling that you chose to arrest a single individual for going to the gym. It's theater designed to intimidate, not to address or advance any reasonable public policy.

Policing requires a respectful relationship between the police and the community. Violate that relationship and the trust on which it is based, and resentment will build on both sides.

Yesterday, you showed up at the gym, reminded the owners and patrons of the governor's order, and allowed people to act as adults. That's the right way to handle this. Today, you surrendered all of that goodwill, by thuggishly acting as the heavy, uncaring, oppressive hand of the authoritarian state.

Why was only one patron arrested? Why were none of the news people there arrested? They weren't wearing face masks and weren't observing social distancing. What was the point of all of this except to intimidate? It can't possibly be to generate respect for the law, respect for the governor's order, for the department, or to create and enhance community between the department and the public. This was nothing but show, and it makes the department look bad. Picking "sides" in our COVID universe is a recipe for disaster.

I hope that the department command has the spine, fortitude and good sense to stand up to the politicians who must be pushing this strategy of conflict with your public and re-evaluate department action in this case. Protect and serve.

Respectfully submitted,

ArtieS

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sent the following on Tuesday after RAMIUS' arrest.

That was a well written letter but unfortunately, I don't see it doing any good. If they have taken down their facebook page as was mentioned, they have no interest in hearing anything from the public that is critical of them. That speaks volumes about their attitudes and willingness to intimidate and harass. Their administration has made a choice to go along with this nonsense when others are now refusing. The citizens in that town and entire state should be up in arms over this.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:...
On their own website there is no way to contact them. ...

https://bellmawr.com/police

William P. Walsh
Position: Chief of Police
Department: Police Department
Phone: 856-931-2121
police@bellmawr.com

https://bellmawr.com/contact

Borough of Bellmawr
21 East Browning Road
Bellmawr, NJ 08031
contact@bellmawr.com
(856) 933-1313

https://bellmawr.com/elected-officials

Elected
Officials

Mayor Chuck Sauter
Mayor-Sauter@bellmawr.com

Councilman James F. D’Angelo
jdangelo@bellmawr.com

Councilman Steven B. Hagerty
shagerty@bellmawr.com

Councilman Ray Bider
rbider@bellmawr.com

Councilman Jamie Casey
jcasey@bellmawr.com

Councilman Paul DeAngelis
pdeangelis@bellmawr.com

Councilman Craig Wilhelm
craigwilhelm@bellmawr.com

Make it rain...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
They oughta rename the Atilis Gym to The Alamo.

Hang in there and keep fighting this heavy handedness.

I'd suggest Thermopylae.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Something I just quickly put together that's applicable.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Bahahahahah. Perfect!!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
You need somebody to make that for you guys so you can fly it in the parking lot.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I don’t belong to a gym, but I’d be willing to join if I thought I’d get arrested. Around here that sort of thing gets you a free motorcycle. Not exactly, but several years ago there was a local who was reported open carrying when spotted in his car in the parking lot of an outlet mall. Local PD showed up, ended in his arrest, and when the city settled the lawsuit he bought a new motorcycle. The joke in the local gun community was “open carry and win a free motorcycle”. I think some people will be riding new bikes when this is all said and done.

Posts: 3436 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, let's cease with the pseudo-subtle hints about vandalism.
To kinda dovetail onto the back of this, when have we ever seen folks we'd refer to as 'our side' pull that sort of crap. Look at the optics for how Ramius handled himself with the police. The people protesting at the gym have behaved well within their rights and have shown the restraint they should. That's only helped to magnify the tyrannical behavior by Murphy, the Bellmawr cops, and now other departments of local government. The owners of this gym have also handled themselves with incredible restraint and professionalism. If any vandalism occurred out at that site, I think is would be a good assumption that it was not perpetuated by those protesting the closing of the gym.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what I just sent to the PD's contact us web form:

Watching the Atilis Gym nonsense from Ohio. I cannot believe you allowed your department to be turned into the laughing stock of New Jersey (I thought that moniker had been permanently assigned to the Camden PD).

Good job of looking like jack-booted thugs in the national press.

Law enforcement has lost respect in many minority communities. It is now losing respect by the majority. Congratulations.

Going now to donate $100 to the legal fund that will defeat your actions in court and result in millions of dollars being awarded to the owners and patrons of Atilis Gym. I hope that results in the loss of many of your officer's positions due to budget cuts needed to pay the awards.

Respectfully,

John Moorman

Now off to make that donation.

A storm is coming... I hope our president can intervene before it gets ugly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bozman,

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
I cannot believe you allowed your department to be turned into the laughing stock of New Jersey

Was hard to beat:

https://images.toofab.com/imag...4a47ea3c8ef05_xl.jpg

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Found this meme on another site.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Found this meme on another site.

Page 12 https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...35/m/4620053074/p/12 Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Here’s another gym owner targeted, this time in NC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQZ9eknVU5s

I donated to Ramius’s gym today.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Do you know that every three days in this world, someone is suggesting a "new normal"? Do you know how worn out and utterly meaningless that phrase has become? There is no such thing as a "new normal". Can you guys check into getting some deprogramming for the brainwashing the news media have given you?

And, as a result, that shit has stopped. If necessary, I'll do the same thing to stop this "new normal" crap. Cease and desist, please.

Can you add "social distancing" And "We are all in this together" to that list?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post