SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
But to get back to current news related to the Trump presidency, to wit the Fusion GPS congressional non-testimony, and the unprecedented and outrageous efforts by Democrats to conspire with Fusion GPS to prevent the truth from getting out:

quote:
The Fusion collusion
If we were ever to get to the bottom of actual collusion in the course of the 2016 election, it would be that of the Democrats with the Fusion GPS smear outfit. Kim Strassel’s Wall Street Journal column updates the story of the appearance of two Fusion GPS principals before the House Intelligence Committee. In “The case of Fusion GPS,” I noted the intention of company witnesses to claim the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination to maintain their silence. They refuse to tell the committee who paid for the infamous Trump Dossier or whom their clients were. Kim now reports that they proceeded to do just that on Thursday. In the heart of her column Kim explains:

[Fusion GPS is] the firm behind the infamous “dossier” accusing Donald Trump of not just unbecoming behavior but also colluding with Russia. Republicans are investigating whether the Fusion dossier was influenced by Russians, and whether American law enforcement relied on that disinformation for its own probe.

But Fusion’s secret weapon in its latest operation is the Democratic Party, whose most powerful members have made protecting Fusion’s secrets their highest priority. Senate Democrats invoked a parliamentary maneuver in July to block temporarily Mr. Browder’s public testimony. Rep. Adam Schiff, the Democratic ranking member on the Intelligence Committee, has been engineering flaps to undercut and obstruct Mr. Nunes’s investigation. Democrats on the House Ethics Committee have deep-sixed what was meant to be a brief inquiry to clear Mr. Nunes so as to keep him sidelined.

Then there is the intel committee’s meeting this week. Despite the spin, forcing Fusion to appear was Republicans’ only recourse after months of stonewalling. Fusion’s letter ludicrously claimed that Mr. Nunes’s subpoenas were invalid, which essentially forced the committee to show otherwise. It was a question of authority.

Florida Rep. Tom Rooney put the Fusion attendees through a series of questions not out of spite but to clarify finally just what topics the firm is refusing to talk about. The Fifth Amendment doesn’t provide protection against answering all questions. It only protects against providing self-incriminating evidence. It is therefore revealing that Fusion took the Fifth on every topic—from its relationship with British spook Christopher Steele, to the history of its work, to its role in the dossier.

The untold story is the Democrats’ unprecedented behavior. Mr. Rooney had barely started when committee staffers for Mr. Schiff interrupted, accused him of badgering witnesses, and suggested he was acting unethically. Jaws dropped. Staff do not interrupt congressmen. They do not accuse them of misbehavior. And they certainly do not act as defense attorneys for witnesses. No Democratic lawmakers had bothered to come to the hearing to police this circus, and Mr. Rooney told me that he “won’t be doing any more interviews without a member from the minority present.”

Private-sector lawyers also tend not to accuse congressmen of unethical behavior, as Mr. Levy did in his letter to Mr. Nunes. But Fusion’s legal eagle must feel safe. He’s former general counsel to the Senate’s minority leader, Chuck Schumer. He has also, I’m told by people familiar with the committee’s activities, more than once possessed information that he would have had no earthly means of knowing, since it was secret committee business. Consider that: Democratic members of Congress or their staff providing sensitive details of an investigation to a company to which the committee has given subpoenas.

You’d think all this would be big news in the context of the hysteria over alleged collusion of the Trump campaign with the Russian. A special counsel with a virtually unlimited mandate to torment President Trump, his family and his associates past and present has left the Fusion GPS/Trump Dossier matter untouched. The hysteria over alleged Trump campaign collusion with Russia appears to be little more than a pretext for the Mueller operation.

Link

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I no longer have the respect for George II that I once did, but anyone who believes that the entire Bush “clan” is no better than the Clintons simply hasn’t been paying attention to what’s important.

But then it seems there has been a lot of that going around for a long time.

Really? The Bush clan (all of them) tried to give us a Hillary presidency. Let that soak in.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Trump Says He Will Release Final Set of Documents on Kennedy Assassination

WASHINGTON — President Trump has decided to release a final batch of thousands of classified government documents related to the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy, Mr. Trump announced in a tweet on Saturday morning.

“Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened,” Mr. Trump said on Twitter.

The release of the information being held in secret at the National Archives — including several thousand never-before-seen documents — was mandated to occur by Oct. 26 under a 1992 law that sought to quell conspiracy theories about the assassination.

Mr. Trump has the power to block the release of the documents, and intelligence agencies have pressured him to do so for at least some of them. The agencies are concerned that information contained in some of the documents could damage national security interests.

The president did not make clear what he meant when he said in his tweet that the release of the documents would be “subject to the receipt of further information.” A White House official did not immediately respond to emails seeking clarification.

It is not known what revelations might be contained in the unreleased documents, though researchers and authors of books about Kennedy say they do not expect any bombshells that significantly alter the official narrative of the assassination — that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in Dallas — delivered in 1964 by the Warren Commission.

But the documents are likely to “help fuel a new generation of conspiracy theories,” according to Philip Shenon, a former New York Times reporter and the author of a book about the commission, and Larry J. Sabato, a University of Virginia professor and author of a book about Kennedy, who wrote a recent article about the documents in Politico.

They wrote that the documents relate to what they call a “mysterious chapter in the history of the assassination — a six-day trip that J.F.K. assassin Lee Harvey Oswald paid to Mexico City several weeks before the president’s murder, in which Oswald met with Cuban and Soviet spies and came under intensive surveillance by the C.I.A.’s Mexico City station. Previously released F.B.I. documents suggest that Oswald spoke openly in Mexico about his intention to kill Kennedy.”

With the Oct. 26 deadline to release the remaining documents fast approaching, Mr. Trump had been under increasing pressure from advocates of transparency not to hold back any of the documents from the public on the grounds of national security.

Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa, introduced a resolution in the Senate this month that urged Mr. Trump to make a “full public release of all remaining records,” saying that he should “reject any claims for the continued postponement of the full public release of those records.”

Conspiracy theorists have long clamored for what they hope will be evidence to prove that the government covered up the truth about the assassination. This week, Roger J. Stone, a friend of Mr. Trump’s, told Alex Jones, the radio host and conspiracy theorist, that Mr. Stone had directly urged the president to release all the documents.

“I had the opportunity to make the case directly to the president of the United States by phone as to why I believe it is essential that he release the balance of the currently redacted and classified J.F.K. assassination documents,” Mr. Stone said on Mr. Jones’s radio program.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/1...tion-classified.html

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Both Kennedys were suicides.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I voted for GB in 2000. Didn't know much about him but I did know he was a whole lot better than Gore. Not too long after we invaded Iraq and I realized the politically correct kind of a war he was running I started to question a lot of the things he did. I am still pissed he turned over his "no child left behind" program to Ted Kennedy. I guess it was important for the dems to like him or something.

I haven't liked that guy for years now and I never was all that fond of his old man either. His brother? Good grief, what a disaster.

Come to think of it, you can take the whole lot of them and put them on a boat to just about anywhere but here.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Nine months into his presidency, Donald Trump announces the defeat of ISIS in its proclaimed capital, Raqqua, Syria. Big Grin. Big Grin

Remember what a shit show ISIS was under Obama? I love the photo that accompanies this article.

https://theconservativetreehou...isis-in-raqqa-syria/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That photo deserves its own post. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Can't wait for the MSM to report on...

their latest fake news "scandal" instead. Roll Eyes

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
From The American Thinker, where a black guy tells us about loving both America and Trump:
LINK

quote:
October 21, 2017
Living in Trump Country, USA
By Lloyd Marcus

For those of you who haven't heard, Mary and I moved from Florida to a tiny town in West Virginia to be closer to our parents. We are experiencing wonderful culture shock. I am not a fan of the winding mountain roads. Supermarket and hardware stores are over 20 miles away. And yet, we unexpectedly love our new heavenly haven of Americana.

I am one of around 20 blacks in the population of 500. Everyone from the town hall to the bank, post office and country store knew we were the Marcuses who "bought the white house".

Virginia brought us homemade bread. Ron brought us corn from his garden which he promised to be the sweetest we have ever eaten. Ron was correct. Old men Charlie and George stopped by to welcome us. Peggy knocked on our front door bearing a gift of a homemade apple pie.

Mary purchased 3 huge real tomatoes for $2 from a road side vendor's garden. The old man told Mary she could take as many tomatoes as she wanted. From another small vendor, we purchased locally raised grass fed ground beef. The sales lady said it will taste 10 times better than supermarket's.

Handyman Randy is a hunter. Randy said he'll keep us stocked with venison. I thought Randy would be impressed that a member of my family hunts with a bow and arrow. Randy explained that he prefers using a gun because if the hunter's arrow does not hit the perfect spot, the animal will suffer. Wait a minute, Leftists tell us that hunters are coldblooded SOBs who don't care about animals. Randy obviously cares. While installing our ceiling fan, Randy said he needed to get more "wor." Mary eventually realized he was saying "wire".

The post office and public library closes for lunch. I stopped in the town hall to purchase a permit for the fence I planned to have installed. The clerk looking a bit puzzled said, "We're pretty laid back here. You don't need a permit." The police department consists of two patrol cars. The school's marching band of about 15 students marches past our house practicing. They sound good.

On Sundays from our front porch, we sometimes hear the choir of one of the five churches in town. The Potomac River is in walking distance from our house, past the guy's place with the horses.

I haven't gone fishing yet, but a kid schooled me on the best fishing spots.

Driving around town, we shamefully laughed seeing a lawn sign that read, "Trump that B****!" Yes, this is definitely Trump country.

Mary and I attended a fundraiser at the fire hall for a needy family. The elderly husband has terminal cancer and wants to make sure his wife has a new roof on their home. The fire hall was pretty full.

Contrast my daily heartland experience with the putrid-smelling Leftist hate dominating the airways and national political arena. Leftists bombard us daily with vitriolic poisonous lies for the sole purpose of removing Trump from office. It is truly amazing watching Leftists behave as if the purpose of their entire existence is to create hatred for Trump.

Leftists' relentless 24/7 efforts to brand Trump a racist wears me out. How on earth can Trump stand it? The answer is, millions of Americans are praying for him. Despite the Leftists' best efforts, Trump is still popular and winning; dismantling Obamacare http://bit.ly/2yzAuZe and more.

Trump is using legal executive orders to undo Obama's illegal executive actions. Trump is simply defending the law and our Constitution. http://washex.am/2yShw3l This has further enraged Leftists, making them even more committed to politically ripping Trump's head off.

Leftist evil is glaring when placed side by side with the decent everyday Americans in my new hometown.

Mary and I are experiencing wonderful culture shock; friendly people who appear to love God, family and country. Trump country!

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Carter Unleashed: Russians Didn't Alter Election, Obama Didn't Deliver, We Didn't Vote For Hillary

ByJoseph Curl@josephcurl
October 22, 2017

At 93, Jimmy Carter is cutting loose.

The former president sat down with The New York Times recently and chatted about all kinds of subjects. The Times decided to play up the fact that Carter — one of the worst presidents in U.S. history — would love to go over to North Korea as an envoy.

But the Times is steadily proving how out of touch it is, and how it no longer seems to actually "get" what real news is.

Here are some major highlights from the interview:

1. The Russians didn't steal the 2016 election.

Carter was asked "Did the Russians purloin the election from Hillary?"

"I don’t think there’s any evidence that what the Russians did changed enough votes — or any votes," Carter said.

So the hard-left former president doesn't think the Russians stole the election? Take note, Capitol Hill Democrats.

2. We didn't vote for Hillary.

Carter and his wife, Roselyn, disagreed on the Russia question. In the interview, she "looked over archly [and said] 'They obviously did'" purloin the election.

“Rosie and I have a difference of opinion on that,” Carter said.

Rosalynn then said, “The drip-drip-drip about Hillary.”

Which prompted Carter to note that during the primary, they didn't vote for Hillary Clinton. "We voted for Sanders.”

3. Obama fell far short of his promises.

Barack Obama whooshed into office on pledges of delivering "hope and change" to the country, spilt by partisan politics.

He didn't. In fact, he made it worse.

"He made some very wonderful statements, in my opinion, when he first got in office, and then he reneged on that," he said about Obama's action on the Middle East.

4. Media "harder on Trump than any president."

A recent Harvard study showed that 93% of new coverage about President Trump is negative.

But here's another shocker: Carter defended Trump.

"I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I've known about," Carter said. "I think they feel free to claim that Trump is mentally deranged and everything else without hesitation."

5. NFL players should "stand during the American anthem."

Carter, who joined the other four living ex-presidents on Saturday for a hurricane fundraiser, put his hand on his heart when the national anthem played — and he has a strong opinion about what NFL players should do, too.

"I think they ought to find a different way to object, to demonstrate," he said. " I would rather see all the players stand during the American anthem."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...nt-alter-joseph-curl

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
From Charles Kesler at Claremont Institute:

quote:
Draining the Swamp

For a businessman it must be frustrating to sit at the Resolute desk in the Oval Office and realize how unbusinesslike is the government surrounding you.

President Trump issues executive orders, which can be stayed immediately by some obscure federal judge in a deep-blue state. He can ask the State Department to unwind the Iran treaty, but his own employees drag their feet. He negotiates with scores of congressmen who, like cats, enjoy being stroked but immediately go their own ungrateful way. And don’t even purr.

No wonder he is said to be frustrated. Some of these vexations come with the job. They are consequences of the very constitutional system he has sworn to preserve, protect, and defend. Separation of powers, an independent judiciary, and checks and balances are meant, in part, to frustrate over-ambitious office holders and their schemes.

These same constitutional devices, however, are also supposed to lead to better, more deliberative laws, judicial decisions faithful to the Constitution, and a chief executive who can energetically, to use e Federalist’s word, enforce the law and protect national security. They are supposed to produce good government, in other words.

But good government has not been forthcoming lately. This isn’t the Constitution’s fault. Its commands have been disregarded, or reinterpreted, and its operations distorted for so long and to such an extent that it functions as our frame of government much less reliably than you might think. Though still to be reckoned with, the capital-C Constitution yields far too often to the small-c (“living”) constitution, another word for government as usual in Washington, D.C.—that is, government as we have come to know, fear, and resent it since the 1960s.

When Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton concluded the political deal that put the nation’s capital on the banks of the Potomac, the District of Columbia was swampland; and to the metaphorical swamp it is returning. Trump is right about that. Some buildings, mostly monuments, museums, and memorials, continue to rise high above the muck, but others seem to inch lower every year.

Consider the Capitol, and the biggest legislative accomplishment it has seen since the 1980s, Obamacare. How could Congress have passed Obamacare the way it did in 2010—on a party-line vote, with corrupt bargains aplenty, and unconstitutional (big-C) provisions galore—and then turn around and fail to repeal the law the way it did this summer? “To lose one parent,” observed Oscar Wilde, “may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.” To have passed President Obama’s health bill may be regarded as a grave constitutional misfortune. But to fail to repeal it smacks of constitutional carelessness. Democrats were responsible the first time, Republicans the second. The former didn’t tell the truth about Obamacare, the latter (some of them, at least) about their oath to repeal it. How then are the American people supposed to reassert control over their own government, if neither party can be trusted?

But a breakdown of understanding helps to generate the loss of trust. Congress ties itself into a knot first on health care and now on tax reform in order to comply with its own arcane budget rules. Then, if decades of experience can be relied on, it will promptly toss all the budget and procedural rules aside—no separate authorization and appropriation bills for each department—in order to pass a hurried Continuing Resolution to fund the whole federal government at last year’s levels (which were carried over from the year before, and the year before that...), plus or minus a few billion here and there. Edward Luce of the Financial Times puts it nicely: the Congress is “a sausage-making factory that has forgotten how to make sausage.”

It isn’t just Congress. Across the government, the derelictions of duty mount, along with the sense that nobody here knows how to play this game. Few seem to miss good government because few remember it any more.

Trump’s executive orders valiantly reversing Obama’s can themselves be reversed by the next president. Organic problems in the executive agencies themselves, which cry out for legislative remedies—above all, the agencies’ propensity to combine legislative, judicial, and executive powers in the same set of hands, “the very definition of tyranny,” as Madison warned—go untreated.

Early in the administration, Stephen Bannon called for “deconstructing the administrative state.” That was a political bullseye, but it can’t succeed without a serious effort to reconstruct constitutional government at the same time. Now is the time to think not only about draining the swamp but about keeping it drained, through a wise system of dikes, dams, and pumping stations. To prepare such reforms, perhaps we need a presidential commission to examine all the leading elements of our constitutional dysfunction.

This essay will appear in the forthcoming fall issue of the Claremont Review of Books.

Charles R. Kesler is editor of the Claremont Review of Books, a senior fellow at the Claremont Institute, and professor of Government at Claremont McKenna College.

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...4001/?#sp=show-clips

VA has improved since Trump took office: David Shulkin

Oct. 23, 2017 - 3:58 - Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin on how the Veteran Affairs Department has changed since President Trump took office.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump: King of Deregulation?

The government has added an average of 13,000 new restrictions annually for the past 20 years. Under Trump, the number of new regulations is near zero.

In a speech on October 11 promoting his tax-reform plan, Donald Trump spoke rosily of America’s economic revival, crediting himself for having cleared the way for growth. “Since January of this year, we have slashed job-killing red tape all across our economy,” the president said. “We have stopped or eliminated more regulations in the last eight months than any president has done during an entire term. It’s not even close.”

It seemed a characteristic bit of Trumpian magniloquence—he’s not only a boffo deregulator, he’s the best ever! Still, it was a remarkable claim. Trump has overseen more deregulation than George W. Bush or Ronald “government is the problem” Reagan?

But, measured by at least one significant standard, Trump’s claim is true. Patrick McLaughlin of the Mercatus Center, a free-market-oriented think tank at George Mason University, applies innovative research techniques to the study of regulation and the economy. He recently analyzed the output of regulatory restrictions promulgated in the last several presidencies, going back to Jimmy Carter. McLaughlin found that there have been periods in some presidencies when regulatory output slowed or declined—in several years of the Reagan presidency, for instance, and in 1996, when “reinventing government” was part of Bill Clinton’s election pitch. But over the full terms of each recent president, including Reagan, regulation increased, according to McLaughlin. So far the increase in regulatory restrictions under Trump has been near to zero.

“So in that sense, the president may be right,” the economist reports. “There may not be a net increase in regulations so far under him, and since there was a net increase in every four-year term for every preceding president, going back to the ’70s, then I think that could be a safe statement.”

It’s a reminder that in this distraction-a-minute presidency, it can be useful to distinguish between the person of the president, who has no discernible ideology, and his presidency, which, so far, has been strikingly conservative.

Constraining the administrative state is a founding principle of modern conservatism, which holds that economic freedom is necessary to political freedom. Trump’s stated objective is prosperity, which is not unrelated, and there is much evidence (besides the intuitive) of a negative correlation between restrictive regulation and economic growth. A 2013 study published in the Journal of Economic Growth found that accumulated regulations between 1949 and 2005 slowed the American economy by an annual average of 2 percent. One of McLaughlin’s studies estimates that the cumulative effect of government regulation caused the economy to be $4 trillion smaller in 2012 than it might have been. “That amount equaled about a quarter of the U.S. economy in 2012, and if it were a nation’s GDP, it would be the fourth largest in the world,” he wrote.

After the 2016 election surprise, congressional Republicans, flush with enthusiasm over the prospect of holding both legislative houses and the presidency, determined to take on the administrative state. Industry leaders and think tanks were invited to help compile a list of particularly egregious regulations. The immediate plan was to employ a powerful but rarely successful legislative tool called the Congressional Review Act. A product of the 1996 Gingrich revolution, the act empowers Congress to override any regulation within 60 days of its promulgation. Each review roughly resembles regular legislation; it can’t be filibustered, but it is subject to presidential veto, which is largely why the act has been successfully deployed only one time, early in the first term of George W. Bush.

President Trump has signed 14 such actions in 2017.

That’s meaningful but mostly symbolic in the face of a regulatory regime that has added an average of 13,000 new restrictions annually for the past 20 years. “It’s like pissing in the ocean,” says McLaughlin.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/...tion/article/2010141

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I no longer have the respect for George II that I once did, but anyone who believes that the entire Bush “clan” is no better than the Clintons simply hasn’t been paying attention to what’s important.

But then it seems there has been a lot of that going around for a long time.

Really? The Bush clan (all of them) tried to give us a Hillary presidency. Let that soak in.

Correct. Those who still have a man-crush on Georgey boy need to remember the word globalist.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Wow. Corker just skewered Trump in an interview to CNN. The red meat to the Libs was just thrown into the middle of the room. This is all we are going to hear for the rest of the day.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Wow. Corker just skewered Trump in an interview to CNN. The red meat to the Libs was just thrown into the middle of the room. This is all we are going to hear for the rest of the day.

Corker is proof of the Peter Principle -- he topped out as the mayor of Chattanooga and needs to find the Chattanooga Choo-Choo to get back home.

A Republican senator attacking a sitting Republican president. That's a prime example of the loss of our two party system. What we have now is Democrat = Republican = Uniparty.

Trump is bucking the establishment, so is unacceptable to the Uniparty.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, the winning continues.
And I'm so tired.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
One year ago today, Hillary tweeted about respecting the election results. how's that one holding up? like week old fish.

@HillaryClinton

Donald Trump refused to say that he’d respect the results of this election.

That’s a direct threat to our democracy.

10:53 AM - 24 Oct 2016

5,639 Retweets 5,390 Likes

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Meanwhile, the winning continues.
And I'm so tired.

Winning is fun...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post