SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cparktd:

"The vaccination is likely no more or less dangerous than any other vaccine as it was developed based on existing methods."

This vaccine is a novel vaccine, the way it interacts with the human body is completely new.It is a Memory RNA vaccine that is different than all other vaccines humans have used.Only time will tell if it is dangerous,effective or completely worthless.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I've already had it as I am tested for COVID antibodies every time I donate blood or platelets with the Red Cross. I've had 2 consecutive tests results that were positive, with a potential third result pending. I'm not in any high risk demographic so I will take a wait and see attitude.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Hard no.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I may if at some point it is a requirement to keep your health insurance. Can't help but think about this being a mandate for insurances but you never now whats coming in the future with this pandemic. Since like many who may be of a higher risk due to age and health issues, "if" it does become a requirement for insurance, I've got nothing to loose really, but for voluntary reasons no.

I am homebound anyways, I haven't left my home since March mainly due to health stuff. I would be at minimal risk to others should I contract COVID as I stay at home anyways.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Nope. Not for at least 20 years. Risk vs reward for me. COVID poses virtually no risk for me whatsoever. I'm not going to get a vaccine for it (especially such a new one) at this point in my life.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I will take the shot as soon as possible. I am 73 and don't want to die of COVID. I was really enjoying my life before all of this hit. We got off a cruise ship (50th anniversary) the 29th of February and have been locked inside since.

I don't want folks going from place to place and continually spreading this disease. Man up and get vaccinated. Do it for your families, friends and the nation.
Might I suggest you've been far more screwed over by government corruption and their bloodlust for power than by a disease. And forgive me, but from your comments, you seem to have been ingesting too much BS from CNN and other media morons.

As contagious as it is there is no hiding from it. Social distancing may just be kicking the can down the road. Misinformation and fear mongering are far more dangerous long term than the actual disease. The problems from the anxiety caused alone far outweigh the consequences of covid 19 IMO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Do not want. The wife will be made to take it as sheworks in a hospital with the ER. I think I can avoid it except for the fact we have a trip planned to Japan in the summer, pretty sure the airlines or Japanese Govt will require it.

I'm sure there will be plenty of events that will require you "papers" to enter

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I will talk about it with my dr.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
As a biotech executive, I would normally say yes - absolutely. However, this vaccine didn't go through standard FDA examination. If I saw convincing evidence that the following three people all received the vaccine, I would probably take it: Pfizer's President & CEO, its COO and the company's VP of R&D. That aside, which is a big if because in reality the convincing evidence would have to go through my hands, I would not take it in the first year of release.

Talking to one's doc may not amount to much. Many doctors don't know a damn thing about how the FDA works, how drugs are developed and few understand how to review clinical translation data on an experimental drug. Most wait for their professional societies and/or KOLs (Knowledge Opinion Leaders) in their field to provide their recommendations.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well the inoculation indoctrination has started, all news channels with pictures of people getting the injection are the talk of the day, pictures of FedEx planes making delivery of the stock...

Expect this to be the top news item of the days to come, shot after shot of people getting the shot...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Knowledge Opinion Leaders

It's one or the other. And the reason I won't be getting the shot any time soon.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I see Trump is still acting like a LEADER instead of a RULER; he thinks the average American should be entitled to the vaccine as much as any White House staffer...if not sooner.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/n...t-vaccine-first/amp/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

"The vaccination is likely no more or less dangerous than any other vaccine as it was developed based on existing methods."

This vaccine is a novel vaccine, the way it interacts with the human body is completely new.It is a Memory RNA vaccine that is different than all other vaccines humans have used.Only time will tell if it is dangerous,effective or completely worthless.

Say again? Can you cite a source? Not doubting you, just every bit of gossip I’ve heard was that it could be fasttracked because it was built off the backbone of existing vacccines.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I cab hardly wait to go into work tonight. It's been widely publicized that the first doses arrived in Alaska today. They are reserved for frontline healthcare workers. Never the less, I'm sure there will be a parade of people streaming into triage tonight.

"Hello, why did you come to the ER tonight?"

"I want to get the Covid vaccine..."

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:

Say again? Can you cite a source? Not doubting you, just every bit of gossip I’ve heard was that it could be fasttracked because it was built off the backbone of existing vacccines.

Not the OP, but I was curious as well (I'd heard this same thing from a Paramedic buddy the other night), and I found this:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...t-vaccines/mrna.html

https://horizon-magazine.eu/ar...-vaccine-safety.html

I'm not personally high risk, so I doubt I'll be receiving it anytime soon, unless they make all LEO get it early on (which around here I doubt). I'm just fine waiting a few months to see if it turns people in zombies. Although if they do make us get it, then they'd better stop making us wear these damn masks at work. They fog my glasses and make it hard to see when interacting with suspects. IMO they're more of a danger to me than the virus.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I will not take the Vaccine under any circumstances.

You will not find most of these links on MSM.
Banned from almost all of them.

Plandemic Part 2
https://www.bitchute.com/video/MZ11m6zIxDch/

Plandemic Part 1
https://www.bitchute.com/video/7PmIaChOKAg/

Wake your ass up!

https://brandnewtube.com/watch...UJS15Owq8NX1Zry.html

https://www.bitchute.com/video/DpDLxlzfXpgk/

https://www.bitchute.com/video/VwdD8CIgRbJY/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jupiter,

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:

This is what I have for a source:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/...-covid-vaccine-race/

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[This vaccine is a novel vaccine, the way it interacts with the human body is completely new.It is a Memory RNA vaccine that is different than all other vaccines humans have used.Only time will tell if it is dangerous,effective or completely worthless.

Messenger RNA, not memory RNA. Those who have a solid understanding of cellular biology, know that a lot of these claims that "it modifies your DNA" and other conspiracy theories have absolutely zero standing.

Yes, the mRNA makes it way into your cells, the "instructions" are then read by the ribosomes, which make a copy of the spike protein (the protein found on the surface of SARS-CoV-2), then the mRNA is broken down by the cell (it's a one time thing, your body won't "keep making the protein).

Your immune system then recognizes the spike protein attached to the outside of the cell as foreign, attacks it, and creates antibodies to recognize it as a threat.

At no point does the mRNA make its way into the cell nucleus (where DNA is stored), so there is no way for it to "modify your DNA" as some people claim.

Yes, there are common short-term side effects (just like as with every vaccine). However, based off of the science, long-term side effects seem even less risky to me than traditional vaccines, especially those that introduce live viruses (ex: shingles, MMR) to the body.

That said, I will be getting the vaccine in the next couple of days. I have seen many people die from COVID-19 complications, and many others with permanent lung and brain damage. Given that I'm exposed to COVID on an almost daily basis, and have done a good bit of research on the vaccine, it seems like a no-brainer to take the plunge.

Posts: 435 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:
quote:
[This vaccine is a novel vaccine, the way it interacts with the human body is completely new.It is a Memory RNA vaccine that is different than all other vaccines humans have used.Only time will tell if it is dangerous,effective or completely worthless.

Messenger RNA, not memory RNA. Those who have a solid understanding of cellular biology, know that a lot of these claims that "it modifies your DNA" and other conspiracy theories have absolutely zero standing.

Yes, the mRNA makes it way into your cells, the "instructions" are then read by the ribosomes, which make a copy of the spike protein (the protein found on the surface of SARS-CoV-2), then the mRNA is broken down by the cell (it's a one time thing, your body won't "keep making the protein).

Your immune system then recognizes the spike protein attached to the outside of the cell as foreign, attacks it, and creates antibodies to recognize it as a threat.

At no point does the mRNA make its way into the cell nucleus (where DNA is stored), so there is no way for it to "modify your DNA" as some people claim.

Yes, there are common short-term side effects (just like as with every vaccine). However, based off of the science, long-term side effects seem even less risky to me than traditional vaccines, especially those that introduce live viruses (ex: shingles, MMR) to the body.

That said, I will be getting the vaccine in the next couple of days. I have seen many people die from COVID-19 complications, and many others with permanent lung and brain damage. Given that I'm exposed to COVID on an almost daily basis, and have done a good bit of research on the vaccine, it seems like a no-brainer to take the plunge.

Thank you Dr. for your analysis.
However....Bill Gates seems to disagree with you. Big Grin

https://www.bitchute.com/video/VwdD8CIgRbJY/

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
No chance. The fact that it will practically be required is more than enough deterrent for me. Don’t take flu shots either. Dont wear a damn mask either. God gave us an immune system for a reason.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post