SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
three excellent impeachment question sessions by Jim Jordan, John Ratcliffe, and Elise Stefanik

videos at the link

https://theconservativetreehou...rrative/#more-176042

definitely worth a watch

Stefanik:

Burisma was a corruption problem.
Obama thought Burisma was a problem.
Mr. Kent thought Burisma was a problem.
Trump thought Burisma was a problem.

Hence the anti-corruption request.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer...aramella-on-his-show

Conservative commentator Mark Levin named the alleged intelligence community whistleblower, whose complaint sparked an impeachment investigation into President Trump, and invited him to come on his program to clear his name if he has been misidentified.

"He's not a whistleblower. His name is Eric Ciaramella," Levin said on his daily radio show Tuesday. "And if it's not, he's welcome to come on this program and say so."

"The New York Times won't print his name. The Washington Post won't print his name. Cable TV, you're not allowed to mention his name," Levin complained. "The left-wing fascistic media won't mention his name. Why? Because you see his background, you figure out his connections, you see what's been going on with all of them, and their whole house of cards comes tumbling down."

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
You could tell Ambassador Taylor regretted he ever got into this mess when Jim Jordan grilled him. His body language spoke volumes. Things are a little different out in the open huh Mr. Taylor. Not like when Schiff is spoon feeding you what you want to say in closed door meetings with no cameras.

Now Mr. Jordan is reading back to you the stupid shit that came from your pie hole when Schiff was feeding it to you and it dosen't sound so nifty now out in the bright light.
Makes you sound pretty dim witted does it not ambassador?

Same for you Mr. Kent things got a little embarrassing for you when Ms. Stefanic laid out bare the complete hypocrite you are using your own words and all you could do was agree with her. I bet Schiff didn't tell you it would be like this did he? When you play children's games with adults things like this can happen Mr. Kent. Try to make better decisions in the future maybe.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ha! Anyone happen to see The White House’s last Facebook post? Straight trollin’

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
https://babylonbee.com/news/ca...uJgze5OH2w8gwlE-PdTo

BABYLON BEE (Satire)

Capitol Building To Be Decorated As Giant Circus Tent For Duration Of Impeachment Hearings

WASHINGTON, D.C.—In honor of the impeachment hearings beginning this week, the Capitol Building has been decorated to look like a giant circus tent.

As soon as congressional maintenance staff heard that the impeachment hearings were going to begin, they went into storage and got out "the Big Top," also used during the Kavanaugh hearings last year.

"We keep the Big Top on hand for certain situations," said one staff member. "Usually these big inquisition-style trials, that kind of thing. They're great entertainment. And the kids love the monkeys."

Congressional vendors will be selling peanuts, popcorn, programs, and those big foam fingers to enhance viewers' experience.

Rep. Adam Schiff was furious with the changes, saying they make a mockery out of a serious show trial.

"These are serious proceedings, and we will not have them mocked!" Schiff cried, wearing a clown nose, riding an elephant, and juggling fourteen flaming bowling pins. "The American public needs to know how super serious we are about this."

"And now for my last stunt, I will create evidence for impeachment out of thin air!"

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hang on. We actually had a Dem member of the House of Representatives say that hearsay can better than direct evidence?

BUNCHA ASSCLOWNS!!

Goddamn, that's one Quigley who's been down under for far too long.

Does this assclown even know how embarrassed he should be for trying to float that stupidity? Ever play the game of Telephone, Quig man?? Were you dropped on your head as a child? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107594 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Ha! Anyone happen to see The White House’s last Facebook post? Straight trollin’

Nope, maybe someone might post it...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Goddamn, that's one Quigley who's been down under for far too long.

That right there is one great line. Smile

I'm gonna have to start keeping a journal of these in case I need a new sig line.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
These are the same people who unashamedly said that Barack Obama was "leading from behind" - as if that was a good thing.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Nope, maybe someone might post it...

"If House Democrats were as committed to helping Americans succeed under President Trump as they are to tearing him down, imagine where we could be now."

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
You can tell a lot from a bow tie. That George Kent who testified really thinks he's something, and likes to hear himself talk. And, rather than direct answers, he likes to elaborate and embellish. I believe he's got a book deal on his mind.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Just saw the one above, but here’s the Facebook version.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
one more coming to the party

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...dential-bid-n1081881

Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick intends to run for president and has been making calls to allies in recent days to let them know, two sources with direct knowledge of his plans said Wednesday.

His decision to enter the Democratic primary comes against the backdrop of the realities of the political calendar — the filing deadline in all-important New Hampshire is Friday — as well as continued consternation from some Democrats about whether the current field presents viable options to beat President Donald Trump in 2020.

Patrick isn't the only Democrat mulling a late entry into the race. Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg will decide "soon," according to a source close to him, if he wants to jump into the race. He has already filed in Arkansas and Alabama, a move meant to keep his options open if he decides to run

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
According to Hannity tonight, they had therapy dogs on Capital Hill today to help people suffering with this impeachment. Roll Eyes Can Washington slip any further down the hole?

From what I see of the clips of Jordan and Nunes, as well as the absurd commentary of the star witnesses today, this impeachment is already circling the drain.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
You can tell a lot from a bow tie. That George Kent who testified really thinks he's something, and likes to hear himself talk. And, rather than direct answers, he likes to elaborate and embellish. I believe he's got a book deal on his mind.

Defintely. It's as if the affectation of wearing a bow tie imbues them with an overbearing sense that they are better than anyone else - even other dudes wearing bow ties.

And Kent is proud that he is a 3rd generation civil service worker. Three generations of military service is an honorable tradition, three generations of being a government worker is just a drain on the rest of us.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Although I knew it intuitively, the proceedings today did make one thing crystal clear to me, a diamond of clarity. If you are a citizen of this country, and you have the faintest belief in individual freedom, or the faintest vision of what our fathers - and mothers, yours and mine - intended for their descendants when they threw off the British yoke. If you are a Republican, or a Libertarian, or an Agrarian or a Librarian - anything other than whatever rhymes with Democrat, and you do not crawl to the polls next year on hands and knees at three in the morning over broken glass if necessary, and vote against - not for an alternative, but against an existing horrific potential - every Democrat candidate, and vote for every Republican on the ticket, regardless if every Republican is a red-ass baboon, you deserve whatever gulag you, or your children, or your grandchildren will be sent to.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
William Taylor:

"Let me just say that I don’t consider myself a star witness for anything"

"I think I was clear about — I’m not here to take one side or the other or to advocate any particular outcomes. Let me just restate that. Second thing is that my understanding is only coming from people that I talk to."

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
William Taylor:

"Let me just say that I don’t consider myself a star witness for anything"

"I think I was clear about — I’m not here to take one side or the other or to advocate any particular outcomes. Let me just restate that. Second thing is that my understanding is only coming from people that I talk to."

That can be summarized as: "don't hang this burning tire around my neck."

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Former US Attorney on open impeachment hearing: It was a 'great day' for Trump

Nov. 13, 2019 - 7:25 - Lawyer Victoria Toensing and former U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Joe diGenova slam the Democrats' performance during the first public impeachment hearing on President Trump.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/...636001#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post