SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone with a triple digit IQ actually believe this?

This is a perfect example of why I do not give legitimacy to any polls

Hell no we ALL know these polls are fixed.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the only poll I give any weight to is the one at the end of Nov 3rd, 2020.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This is why conservatives are turning away from FoxNews:

Fox News Poll: Biden leads nomination race, tops Trump by 12 points in matchup

Really? Does anyone with a triple digit IQ actually believe this? This is a perfect example of why I do not give legitimacy to any polls, whether or not they favor my point of view. Pollsters can make polls say anything they wish.

Disgusting and intelligence-insulting
I find it almost comical. Demeaning, but comical. A guy who doesn't even know what state he's in, or what era it is (how's that phonograph working) is somehow 12 points ahead of Trump. Yeah, I'll buy that....when pigs actually do fly. Really makes you wonder if FOX is playing the CNN game and trying to be controversial to drive eyeballs and clicks to their website and channel. After all, its worked so well for CNN. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Really? Does anyone with a triple digit IQ actually believe this? This is a perfect example of why I do not give legitimacy to any polls, whether or not they favor my point of view. Pollsters can make polls say anything they wish.

Absolutely!!! Virtually anything can be proved by "poll" simply by selecting the necessary group to be polled.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

That headline popped up on my phone, and I laughed out loud. Absurd.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer...-with-no-credibility

President Trump today:

“Well, I’ll tell you what. There have been stories written about a certain individual, a male, and they say he’s the whistleblower,”

“If he’s the whistleblower, he has no credibility because he’s a Brennan guy, he’s a Susan Rice guy, he’s an Obama guy.”

“And he hates Trump. And he’s a radical. Now, maybe it’s not him. But if it’s him, you guys ought to release the information.”

xxxxxxxxxxxx

as far as I can tell, Ciaramella still has not made a public statement.

I bet he is having some regrets. His CIA career should be over.

adding: if you were a decent honest person in the intel "business", would you be comfortable sharing anything w Eric C ?

edit: corrected spelling Eric C name

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The CIA and NSA have no credibility in my book.
They turned their tools on the people.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://meaninginhistory.blogs...eric-ciaramella.html

Emphasis not added- Emphasis appears on the page linked.
quote:
Ciaramella’s ascension is surprising considering pro-Trump sources within the Obama administration disclosed to me in December, 2016 that Ciaramella’s helped draft Susan Rice’s anti-Trump talking points before the Inauguration.

In fall of 2016 as Obama’s director for Ukraine on the NSC, Ciaramella was the main force pushing Trump-Russia conspiracy theories.

Some suspect Ciaramella was one of the original leakers who told the media about classified conversations Trump had with Russian diplomat Sergei Lavrov. While it’s unproven that Ciaramella leaked that conversation, it is now a fact of life that he will have access to every conversation Trump has with foreign officials, as part of his official duties for McMaster.

When this story first came to me, my question was, “This is a huge personnel move. Why hasn’t Politico run it?”

My sources told me other outlets passed on the story, because, “This isn’t the type of information the mainstream media wants out there.”

Note the second sentence in the third paragraph:

it is now a fact of life that he will have access to every conversation Trump has with foreign officials, as part of his official duties for McMaster.
Also, this is linked to in the comments section of that page:

Schiff’s Ukrainian Hoax Linked to Members of Obama’s NSC Including Eric Ciaramella and Charles Kupchan

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

as far as I can tell, Ciaramelia still has not made a public statement.

I bet he is having some regrets. His CIA career should be over.

adding: if you were a decent honest person in the intel "business", would you be comfortable sharing anything w Eric C ?

Something these Never-Trumpers and Leftists haven't figured out.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.oann.com/oan-gives...o-deny-media-claims/

One America News reporter Neil W. McCabe followed up on information from multiple sources that the alleged whistleblower, Eric Ciaramella, was hiding out at his parents’ home in Connecticut.

After McCabe knocked on the front door and rang the doorbell, a man who gave the same name as Ciaramella’s father drove up and spoke to McCabe in the driveway. He acknowledged that he knew Eric and asked McCabe for his business card.

McCabe also called two numbers associated with the family at that address and left a message with each. At the end of this news package, McCabe tells the so-called whistleblower he is welcome to respond to OAN.

Ciaramella is a CIA analyst, who was assigned to the National Security Council staff’s Ukraine desk at the White House. In addition to being a vocal advocate for more aid to Ukraine, the analyst was reported to have also advised then-Vice President Joe Biden, when Biden held sway over America-Ukraine relations.

video at link

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fits right in. Rush Limbaugh called him a pajama boy

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
One America News reporter Neil W. McCabe followed up on information from multiple sources that the alleged whistleblower, Eric Ciaramella, was hiding out at his parents’ home in Connecticut.
Man, that is one badass Chuck Norris sumbitch, huh?

Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe we should send a gift of comfort

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Ciaramella parents look wealthy

Father of Eric - Anthony Ciaramella is Senior Vice President at People's United Bank in Hartford CT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
^^^ Their lawn sucks. Trailer trash!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I don't see how that house or their lawn (from google earth 3D) matters at all regarding their kid's (alleged) criminal leaking.

Even if he's staying there, would you turn your kid out if he was mixed up in a bunch of things, and you weren't even entirely sure what was going on?

Seems irrelevant, but who knows....

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
somebody's feeling the heat

https://www.yahoo.com/news/law...tions-164204359.html

A lawyer for the whistleblower who raised alarms about President Donald Trump's dealings with Ukraine said Sunday his client is willing to answer written questions submitted by House Republicans.

The surprise offer, made to Rep. Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, would allow Republicans to ask questions of the whistleblower, who spurred the Democratic-led impeachment inquiry, without having to go through the committee's chairman, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif.

Attorney Mark Zaid tweeted that the whistleblower would answer questions directly from Republican members "in writing, under oath & penalty of perjury," part of a bid to stem escalating efforts by Trump and his GOP allies to unmask the person's identity. Only queries seeking the person's identity won't be answered, he said.

too late

"Being a whistleblower is not a partisan job nor is impeachment an objective. That is not our role," Zaid tweeted. "So we have offered to @DevinNunes."

"We will ensure timely answers," he said.

Nunes' office did not have immediate comment. Rep. Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican and member of the House Judiciary Committee who has been highly critical of the impeachment process, said in a statement that written answers wouldn't be sufficient to probe and cross-examine the whistleblower.

"You don't get to ignite an impeachment effort and never account for your actions and role in orchestrating it," Jordan said. "We have serious questions about this individual's political bias and partisan motivations and it seems Mark Zaid and Adam Schiff are attempting to hide these facts from public scrutiny. Last week's testimony raised even more concerns about the anonymous whistleblower and our need to hear from them, in person."

The offer comes as Trump has repeatedly demanded the release of the whistleblower's identity, tweeting Sunday that the person "must come forward." The whistleblower raised concerns about Trump's July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, in which he pressed Zelenskiy to investigate Trump's political rivals. That call became the catalyst for the impeachment inquiry.

The whistleblower's secondhand account of the call has been providing a road map for House Democrats investigating whether the president and others in his orbit pressured Ukraine to probe political opponents, including former Vice President Joe Biden.

"Reveal the Whistleblower and end the Impeachment Hoax!" Trump tweeted

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said Sunday that he had not yet discussed the whistleblower's offer with Nunes, but stressed that the person should answer questions in a public appearance before the committee.

"When you're talking about the removal of the president of the United States, undoing democracy, undoing what the American public had voted for, I think that individual should come before the committee," McCarthy told CBS' "Face the Nation."

"We need an openness that people understand this," he added.

Zaid said his team had addressed the issue of alleged bias with Republican members of the committee and had stressed the need for anonymity to maintain the safety of the whistleblower and that person's family, "but with little effect in halting the attacks."

"Let me be absolutely clear: Our willingness to cooperate has not changed," tweeted Andrew P. Bakaj, another attorney representing the whistleblower. "What we object to and find offensive, however, is the effort to uncover the identity of the whistleblower."

Bakaj wrote on Saturday that "their fixation on exposing the whistleblower's identity is simply because they're at a loss as to how to address the investigations the underlying disclosure prompted."

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
"You don't get to ignite an impeachment effort and never account for your actions and role in orchestrating it," Jordan said.

^So much this. Protections for whistleblowers is in place to protect employees from retribution by their supervisors and managers. But that is an employment situation. Gummint employees are not Constitutional offices. They're hired. POTUS is a Constitutional office, with a specific prescribed pat to their election. POTUS is not an 'employee' of the Gummint.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Let me be absolutely clear: Our willingness to cooperate has not changed," tweeted Andrew P. Bakaj, another attorney representing the whistleblower. "What we object to and find offensive, however, is the effort to uncover the identity of the whistleblower."

Uh what's all the hub-bub about the guys name has been plastered all over the interwebz. That ship has sailed dude.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for Eric Ciaramella's first book.

working title : Is I is or is I Ain't the Blower

sequel : You don't Know Me

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post