SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Can I get an AMEN!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I like it, Dr. T!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Dr T

I like the speech but I think thats giving a bad name to reptiles...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That clip of Cruz addressing the chamber was good. He's good. I'm glad he's on our side.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi is a vile, disgusting creature.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yes, she is

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...5if8tbKXdd7PJLrLaJmM

NATO head: Trump's tough talk has added $100B to alliance, helped deter Russia

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Pelosi To Block Trump's SOTU Address Despite Government Reopening

Is she going to try some bullshit like block him over the next 3 weeks?

He needs to tell her she's not in charge and it will happen next Tuesday.

friggen' BITCH! Mad

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
they didn't have any trouble declaring an emergency and closing the borders on 9/11

I don't see the difference now

except the dems don't want America to succeed and be prosperous
Actually, I think the prime drivers are that the Democrats don't want Presidnet Trump to have any kind of a victory, AND they want all those illegals to come in and become/birth Democrat voters.

flashguy, that's exactly what's going on:

Trump’s only option: Declare a National Emergency, build the wall, and declare victory
Trump could spend double what he sought from Pelosi for the border wall. He who laughs last, laughs best.

https://legalinsurrection.com/...and-declare-victory/

Nancy Pelosi is a vile, disgusting creature.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
give it from the Oval Office

or give it from the lobby of the del Coronado

those that want to listen will tune in, the democrats won't

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
It's time to start a pool on the reasoning behind the 9th Circuit's inevitable stay of Trump's attempt to declare an emergency and build the wall. Which (or what combination) of the following will it be:

1. Trump lacks authority to declare an emergency
2. Trump lacks authority to spend money not specifically authorized by Congress
3. Insufficient study of environmental impact of a wall.
4. Violation of Equal Protection Clause
5. Violation of Due Process
6. Infringing on states' rights
7. Trump is not the "legitimate" president and cannot exercise executive authority.
8. There is no mention of "Borders" in the Constitution, so the President has no power to defend them.
9. The "General Welfare" Clause of the Constitution forbids enforcement of exclusionary immigration policies.
10. Forcing immigrants to climb a really tall wall to gain their illegal entry into the US is cruel and unusual punishment that violates the 8th amendment.
11. Trump is a meanie.
12. nana nana boo boo

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which (or what combination) of the following will it be:

Big Grin
I like your list... but "At this point, what difference does it make?"

We know what the 9th Circus is going to do...
They will attempt to cloak their hatred of Trump in the Constitution, and nearly half of SCOTUS will affirm them, because Trump is a meanie.

But if there are currently 31 active National Emergencies, I think a bare majority of SCOTUS will vote to overturn the lower fed. court.

quote:
There are currently 31 active National Emergencies, and 58 national emergencies have been declared since the National Emergencies Act of 1976 was signed into law by President Gerald Ford.

Most of the National Emergencies don’t sound like “national emergencies” in any real sense (see links above). They sound more like serious situations where the president uses the powers given him by statute and the Constitution to address national security problems.

Trump’s authority would come not only from the National Emergencies Act, but also his power to control who may enter the U.S. and to protect the nation, as spelled out in the Supreme Court’s decision in the travel order case:

For more than a century, this Court has recognized that the admission and exclusion of foreign nationals is a “fundamental sovereign attribute exercised by the Government’s political departments largely immune from judicial control.” Fiallo v. Bell, 430 U. S. 787, 792 (1977); see Harisiades v. Shaughnessy, 342 U. S. 580, 588–589 (1952) (“[A]ny policy toward aliens is vitally and intricately interwoven with contemporaneous policies in regard to the conduct of foreign relations [and] the war power.”). Because decisions in these matters may implicate “relations with foreign powers,” or involve “classifications defined in the light of changing political and economic circumstances,”such judgments “are frequently of a character more appropriate to either the Legislature or the Executive.” Mathews v. Diaz, 426 U. S. 67, 81 (1976).

-rduckwor

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Trump doesn't pull many punches, but I think the time has come for him to really let it all fly now, no holding back. In his state of the Union, he should come right out and say that the Democrat Party, lead by Obama and Hillary, along with Pelosi and Schumer, have for many years now been working to establish a totalitarian state in America. --And then just detail the whole scheme, what so many of us have noted for a long time now: weaponizing the agencies of the Federal government. Review what has been done, especially to the FBI, the IRS and the DOJ.

From there focus on the abomination that has been the Mueller "investigation"-- which is nothing but an attempted coup.

And maybe finish on the topic of the wall, and why it is that the Democrats-- and their RINO toadies-- want an endless influx of illegals into the country.

We have been witnessing a sustained attempt to create a totalitarian state in the USA. Maybe say this while there is video of Roger Stone's arrest, with 29 FBI agents in 17 vehicles, and agents in full armor pounding on his door, taking him-- a 66 year old, unarmed man-- taking him out in handcuffs and leg irons.

Uppercut, left hook, right hook. Lay them right the fuck out on the canvas.

After just five minutes of this speech, half the country would be on their feet and cheering. Jumping in place. Applauding. Waaa-hooo-ing. Crying with joy.

Only Trump would dare this. And it might well be now or never.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justjoe,

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Some dumb broad (Amy Walter from the Cook Political Report...whatever that is) stated that,
quote:
"On every issue, whether it's who do you blame for the shutdown to who do you think is doing a better job on border security, the President and Republicans are losing."

I'd love to know what these people are smoking. They are delusional.

The commies are doing a better job on border security? Really? They are doing NOTHING on border security. Jesus H. Christ on a bicycle! I don't know how much more of this bullshit I can take.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some dumb broad (Amy Walter from the Cook Political Report...whatever that is)

Cook Political Report is written BY the commies FOR the commies. No one else reads it or cares.

Amy Walter is an American political analyst, currently serving as national editor of The Cook Political Report. Before this, she served as the political director of ABC News...
Her "Spouse" is Kathryn Hamm.

-rduckwor

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I vote for 3, 5, and 6.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd love to know what these people are smoking. They are delusional.

Leftists operate 100% on emotion.

If they woke up and thought that water was dry, then water would no longer be wet. Scientific fact!

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., on Monday invited President Trump to deliver the State of the Union address on February 5.

The invitation from Pelosi comes after a planned January 29 date to give the address was scuttled due to the partial government shutdown. That led to a contentious back-and-forth between Trump and the House speaker before the president announced a deal to reopen the government on January 25.

“When I wrote to you on January 23rd, I stated that we should work together to find a mutually agreeable date when government has reopened to schedule this year’s State of the Union address," Pelosi wrote in her new invitation to Trump. "In our conversation today, we agreed on February 5th.

"Therefore, I invite you to deliver your State of the Union address before a Joint Session of Congress on February 5, 2019 in the House Chamber."

Shortly after receiving the invite, the president accepted.

"Thank you for your letter inviting me to deliver the State of the Union Address before a joint session of Congress on Tuesday, February 5, 2019," Trump wrote in reply. "It is my great honor to accept. We have a great story to tell and yet, great goals to achieve.

"I look forward to seeing you on the 5th."

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ddress-on-february-5

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 1/28/19

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia – discussed Roger Stone’s indictment and the president’s legal options for securing border wall funding.

Roger Stone indicted on charges brought by special counsel. (CNN) Longtime Donald Trump associate Roger Stone has been indicted by a grand jury on charges brought by special counsel Robert Mueller. He was arrested by the FBI Friday morning at his home in Florida, his lawyer tells CNN. Stone was indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury in the District of Columbia on seven counts, including one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of false statements, and one count of witness tampering.
Should Trump declare a national emergency and if he does, will it be legally thwarted? If Trump declares a national emergency, could Congress or the courts reverse it?
Will Trump use a national emergency to end the shutdown? The possibility that President Donald Trump might declare a “national emergency” so that he could gain access to the funds he’d need to build his border wall without a new appropriation from Congress has set off a debate over the troubling scope of the National Emergencies Act of 1976. Earlier in January, Trump claimed he was tabling that idea, but a new report from CNN on Thursday suggests he may yet declare an emergency.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Senate Intelligence Comm has an open hearing tomorrow at 930am

Topic: Worldwide Threats

Witnesses:

FBI Dir Christopher Wray

CIA Dir Gina Haspel

DNI Dir Daniel Coats

DIA Dir Gen Robert Ashley