SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
He was a neophyte politician who no one in the Republican establishment wanted (but who a lot of the voting base adored.) He ran a non-standard, insurgent campaign against a bunch of party insiders, and won. Sound familiar?

Man, come on. It's not even close. She snuck in through a Primary where practically no one in her district voted. Once she was the Primary candidate, she could've walked around town 24/7 with a dildo hanging out of her mouth and still would've been elected in the general in that district. What she accomplished is nowhere near on the level of Donald J. Trump.

Pretty much this.

She's young, cute, and has a great rack. That, and her free shit campaign, won her election in a commie stronghold in NYC. Surprise surprise.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
She's young, cute, and has a great rack. That, and her free shit campaign, won her election in a commie stronghold in NYC. Surprise surprise.

Yep. And she's bubbly. Her physical attractiveness gets people's attention, and her engaging persona holds it, then she tells them what they want to hear. If she wasn't attractive and bubbly, we'd of never heard of her.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
He was a neophyte politician who no one in the Republican establishment wanted (but who a lot of the voting base adored.) He ran a non-standard, insurgent campaign against a bunch of party insiders, and won. Sound familiar?

Man, come on. It's not even close. She snuck in through a Primary where practically no one in her district voted. Once she was the Primary candidate, she could've walked around town 24/7 with a dildo hanging out of her mouth and still would've been elected in the general in that district. What she accomplished is nowhere near on the level of Donald J. Trump.

Pretty much this.

And don't forget, Crowley fully ignored his re-election thinking he was guaranteed another term. Had he put in any effort at all through the election, he'd have likely beaten AOC.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says She’s Going to ‘Run Train on the Progressive Agenda’

Lot of ramifications, there.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not yet. I completely agree with BBMW's point.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:

Yep. And she's bubbly. Her physical attractiveness gets people's attention, and her engaging persona holds it, then she tells them what they want to hear. If she wasn't attractive and bubbly, we'd of never heard of her.

Another Kyrsten Sinema.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and thats what makes her dangerous

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I agree with those who think she is dangerous-- including James Woods, who thinks she is the most dangerous person in America right now.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2...ows-hes-right-715158

But to me, she is symptomatic, not causative. She is uninformed and stupid, but the real problem is that there are millions of uninformed and stupid voters. Substance doesn't make it with them. They don't know anything about, or even care, really, about economic issues, the Constitution, or anything we know to be important.

She appeals to them on the most superficial level, as a product of the age of social media. She is cute, bubbly (as someone says, above), and seems to represent youth-- which has always stood for-- sorry-- hope and change. She promises everybody free everything. Morons on their cell phones get excited about her, and think they are hip to be supporting her.

She is in many ways exactly like Barack Hussein Obama, whom many on the right laughed off when he appeared.

So, it's not that she herself is anything special in any way-- she is a dunce-- but she represents a turn in American social-media-driven politics that is dangerous: have a big social media footprint, and promise free shit to everybody.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justjoe,

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Deep down I think the Democratic Party elites are glad to have radical whack jobs like AOC, Beto, etc running around. They actually make idiots like Warren, Pelosi, Biden almost seem like moderate geniuses.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ That cat meme is pure comedy gold! Thank you for that one.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
^ That cat meme is pure comedy gold! Thank you for that one.
None of my 6 cats are that dumb.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
Deep down I think the Democratic Party elites are glad to have radical whack jobs like AOC, Beto, etc running around. They actually make idiots like Warren, Pelosi, Biden almost seem like moderate geniuses.

I disagree. I think they see these whackos as very dangerous to their status quo - something that they have become VERY accustomed to.

I suspect it won't be long before Pelosi and other old dogs smack down Cortez (I don't hyphenate).

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
The only thing she's a danger to is the Democrat Party and they'll either get her in line or try to destroy her. She, and others like her, are good news as far as I'm concerned. Their Party is going to fracture. Perhaps we'll even see some of them run as Independents when they lose the primary.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Cortez:

"And I think the part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in gen z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we’re like, the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change .

You’re biggest issue, your biggest issue is how are going to pay for it? — and like this is the war, this is our world war II.

And I think for younger people looking at this are more like, how are we saying let’s take it easy when 3000 Americans died last year, how are we saying let’s take it easy when the end person died from our cruel and unjust criminal justice system?

How are we saying take it easy, the America that we’re living in today is dystopian with people sleeping in their cars so they can work a second job without healthcare and we’re told to settle down. It’s a fundamental separation between that fierce urgency of now, the why we can’t wait that King spoke of.

That at some point this chronic reality do reach a breaking point and I think for our generation it reached that, I wished I didn’t have to be doing every post, but sometimes I just feel like people aren’t being held accountable. Until, we start pitching in and holding people accountable, I’m just gonna let them have it.”

video of her saying this:

https://news.grabien.com/story...ng-end-12-years-if-w

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Mustant-PaPa, she'll probably hear that blondes have more fun and will bleach her hair . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Cortez:

My goodness - what an idiot!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Cortez:

My goodness - what an idiot!

But no less than the voters who put her in office.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cortez:

"And I think the part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in gen z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we’re like, the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change .

You’re biggest issue, your biggest issue is how are going to pay for it? — and like this is the war, this is our world war II.

And I think for younger people looking at this are more like, how are we saying let’s take it easy when 3000 Americans died last year, how are we saying let’s take it easy when the end person died from our cruel and unjust criminal justice system?

How are we saying take it easy, the America that we’re living in today is dystopian with people sleeping in their cars so they can work a second job without healthcare and we’re told to settle down. It’s a fundamental separation between that fierce urgency of now, the why we can’t wait that King spoke of.

That at some point this chronic reality do reach a breaking point and I think for our generation it reached that, I wished I didn’t have to be doing every post, but sometimes I just feel like people aren’t being held accountable. Until, we start pitching in and holding people accountable, I’m just gonna let them have it.”

video of her saying this:

https://news.grabien.com/story...ng-end-12-years-if-w

She is radicalizing right before our eyes. When she reaches the conclusion that the end justifies the means, she'll be dangerous.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post