SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I now wish all illegal drug users would die!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I now wish all illegal drug users would die! Login/Join 
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
alcohol doesn't add an incredible criminal element of drug dealers, drug trafficers, and the killings and overall crime and degredation to society that they add.
I take it that you have never stumbled on a moonshiner's still in the back country. You might have a different opinion if you had that experience.

It's like these morons have never heard of Al Capone.

Al Capone is dead and alcohol is legal. What’s your point?

I don't know what his point is, but illegal drugs are illegal because we made them illegal. People commit other crimes to get illegal drugs because making them illegal pushes the price way up. Alcoholics can buy a bottle of Thunderbird for very little money. It also creates a whole market that can, by definition, be served only by criminals.

Legalizing what are now illegal drugs would cut a lot of crime out of the drug business. Seagrams could sell weed. Legal cocaine or heroin would be cheap, and not sold by thugs on the street corner. There would not be drug houses were they sell illegal meth. Exactly as happened when prohibition was repealed. It put the mob out of the liquor smuggling business.

You get it. He doesn't.

During Prohibition, meeting the demand for alcohol (smuggling, distribution, sale) supplied the money that paid for the creation vast criminal empires. And that same money provided the motive for an awful lot of killing.

That there were large numbers of vicious killers who became rich and famous through the illicit alcohol trade ought to tell you something. Al Capone being one example. Without Prohibition, what is he?

Our drug war creates bigger and better Al Capones every day.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post