SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The dumbest/ most simple reason you will not by a specific product
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The dumbest/ most simple reason you will not by a specific product Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Being so long ago (1995) it might be a little unfair, but I won't buy a Taurus firearm after the complete steaming turd PT945.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
A red dot sight is donglish. I get and appreciate the benefit but I’m waiting for it to be undongled. I lack the engineering mind to visualize how that will evolve but I trust it will.

There have been rifles with built-in optics before. The original Steyr AUG, FN F2000, and HK G36 are examples of this.

The issue is that you miss out on modularity, and these optics (like most tech) tend to become outdated and can't be as easily upgraded.

Nowadays, all of these rifles have switched to railed tops so you can add your own "dongle" as the situation necessitates. Wink

Fair point and applicable to many things. Example - for electronics, I’ve long valued the “separate components” approach so that I can easily swap out individual items and also aren’t restricted to a lower-quality integrated item.

Maybe they can figure out an “in-dash, single-DIN” approach to RDS so that we can easily change out the particular unit.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
If a radio or TV ad announces the phone number more than twice, I'll avoid it.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I will never buy anything at “Jared” because it’s a stupid name and I hate their commercials.

I’ll never buy another GM product again because my van is garbage.

I won’t buy another Bosch dishwasher because their stupid dish rack wheels keep breaking off.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Diet Plan food like Weight Watchers or Nutrisystem. They're unnecessary.
I lost 35 pounds in four months just by following the old adage "eat less and move more".

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
I will never buy anything at “Jared” because it’s a stupid name and I hate their commercials.

I'll take that one step further... I'll never buy a diamond from anyone, because diamonds are a scam.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Levis. Not just because their politics suck - and they do - but because the location of the hip pockets results in my sitting on my wallet when I drive. I bought a pair of Wranglers that have the pockets moved slightly and don't have the problem.

I just ordered my fifth or sixth pair tonight. Battery acid ate the last pair.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will only buy bottled water if it has a specific type of top on it. If I am traveling & the place I stopped at doesn't have the cap I want, I will see if the top will fit the new bottle or I will pour the water into the empty bottle with the top that I like.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:

I'll take that one step further... I'll never buy a diamond from anyone, because diamonds are a scam.
This exactly, I will not buy a diamond on principle. I’ve got 18 rather small ones I can’t even bring myself to have mounted in something for my wife. They were absolutely free, and mean nothing to me.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
I won't buy Sony products. I dont know if they still do it or not, but it used to be they had batteries that were proprietary and they charged way too much for replacements.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Love pocket knives ... too much. Have dozens, but I won't buy a pocket knife if it looks too tacti-cool or bizarre, no matter who makes it or how good the steel is. Don't need an attitude or personality in my pocket.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
As mentioned above, I also buy soda in bottles when I’m driving. That’s because I can close the cap.That means it’s less likely to spill, and I am more able to keep the carbonation in on a longer drive.
Cans to put in the fridge, because they get cold faster.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Kimber. Never saw one that worked.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

DeBeers is the epitome of the dark or evil side of capitalism. They control the market through underhanded schemes, price gouge and treat the miners like shit.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, marketing that insults your intelligence will do it for me. I will never buy a Subaru for that reason. They never say a word about the vehicle just telling you it is all about "love" or how it will drive grandma up the mountain so she can hug a tree one more time before she croaks.

Good grief.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I won't buy a bodywash that doesn't have a pump dispenser.

I won't buy shampoo or bodywash that can't be stood upside down to get the last drops out.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never eaten at Chipotle because I had a smug, arrogant boss 25 yrs ago that swore by it.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I refuse to buy alcohol at the local grocery stores (Wegmans) because they ask for ID to buy beer. Being a recipient of social security any moron could see that I'm older than 21 years old. Just to piss them off I frequently leave a 30 pack at the check out register!

Posts: 23 | Location: Western NY  | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me I will not purchase any packaged food for myself or my dog that is made in China. It is known that many dog food or dog treats made in China contains some chemicals that are poisonous killing our dogs. Also I have seen videos of cans of sardines and tuna that had live worms in it, all made in China. I truly believe China does this on purpose to poison the American people and our pets. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Any product not made from wheat that claims gluten free on the package. No shit? This product made from corn is gluten free? Wow! I better buy it

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post