SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Golden Girl has passed. (Pics and video added)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Golden Girl has passed. (Pics and video added) Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Thank you all so much for your words of comfort and for sharing your own stories. It means so much. Added a long video tribute link to original post so you can see her.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Very sorry, they become such huge parts of our lives the pain of losing one is almost unbearable.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. We're golden owners here and have felt your pain. Cancer sucks.
Just another reason why we need to live our lives to the fullest-goldens are pretty good at demonstrating this.

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Frown

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences on your loss.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Sorry for you loss, we lost our dog 2 years ago, were waiting for our kids to get a little older before getting another pup

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Thank you all so much for your words of comfort and for sharing your own stories. It means so much. Added a long video tribute link to original post so you can see her .

Her puppy face screams 'RUB MA BELLY!' Thank you for posting the video. What a beautiful dog.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Thank you all so much for your words of comfort and for sharing your own stories. It means so much. Added a long video tribute link to original post so you can see her.

She's a beauty. I can tell by the look in her eyes how much she loved you.

This was one of my favorite pictures.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, Tara. May Lily rest in peace.

Today is Merlot's 15th birthday. She's doing fine but her clock is ticking as are all of our clocks.

"‘Tis better to have loved and lost,
Than never to have loved at all."
-Tennyson

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sorry to have to read this

Bandit and I send our condolences

I have two fur kids up there already

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
My sincerest of condolences. Losing a companion, one of God’s greatest of creatures is a tough burden to bear. I lost my Golden of 15 years twelve years ago and was fortunate to have another one crawl into my wife’s lap a few years back, much in the same manner as you describe. They’re all special and the amount of love + devotion is simply too incredible to describe.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Tara, we are so sorry for your loss! We’ve been there. She had a good life with you, Willow and the others and knew it.

Love the spider save story.

Take care.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Tara, I'm so sorry to read this...you have my condolences as well as my prayers Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My Condolences Tara, she was one of the forum pets, and I know she was special to you. I am sorry.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this! Always hard to love a furry loved one! My condolences.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of Lily’s passing. It sounds like you gave her an amazing life full of joy and love. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; I would give years off of the end of my life if it meant that my animals could live longer. My dog Scout will have her 10th birthday in less than a month. You have my sincerest condolences.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this. Frown

Beautiful video. I couldn't make it through....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Tara ~ I cried for you when I first read your post this morning and had to walk away from the 'puter...

Came back just now, and find my vision blurry again, but I want you to know how sorry I am for your loss.

My Husky, Chinook, is 11 1/2 now with a couple of lumps showing, but symptom free so far.

I will not let him suffer, but recognizing the eventuality destroys me.

I am glad you have many happy memories to help comfort you! God Bless!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss. Stories like these always bring tears to my eyes. With all Lily has been through, she is in a better place. Running and jumping and doing all things that God intended dogs to be.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful and moving tribute to sweet Lily, I could barely get thru it because I could hardly see my display. She had the same sweet Golden smile that my Sunny did...I guess Goldens share that, goodbye sweet girl, my heart is breaking Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post