SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Golden Girl has passed. (Pics and video added)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Golden Girl has passed. (Pics and video added) Login/Join 
Picture of Neva
posted Hide Post
Aw, I am sorry. It’s a tough loss.

If your government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away from you everything you have.
---- Paul Harvey - 1952 (Remember These Things)

Posts: 8007 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
T, so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful memory and memorial.

I know a little of what you have gone thru, what you have sacrificed for your furry friends. Lily was lucky to have you, just as you were lucky to have her and Willow. You will see her again.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, beautiful dog, sadden just typing this..

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Hey Willow the little white bird is Coco
She take you home now

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ScreamingCockatoo,

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39756 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for the loss of your pup. She was a beauty.

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
]I am so sorry for your Loss Tara. There is nothing like the love for a dog......

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
So Sorry for Your loss...typing this through watery eyes after looking at her pictures.

Our profound grief is the price we pay for all the love and enjoyment they give us.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry! Remembering all the good times has helped me awful times like these.

Posts: 2353 | Location: Vancouver WA | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Tara. Give Willow a hug for us.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HERITAGE
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss P226RN. Frown Goldens are a special breed. Our family was graced by one for over 12 years. Ours was a gentle goof-ball that also loved to hunt with me. She's been gone 20 years now but like all dogs, they have a way of weaving themselves to your soul. I believe we see them again when we leave this world. She would swim after seagulls at Lake Michigan for 30 minutes at a time, would retrieve practice golf balls from the woods for my brother, and go just crazy anytime the shotgun came out to hunt rabbits. I read this somewhere and I don't know who said it, but it fits: "If retrievers were people, you'll want a Labrador to run your business, but a Golden to throw your party."

Posts: 328 | Location: MI | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much you guys. I haven't cried today yet and actually slept more than 3 hrs straight last night. I didn't know this was going to hit me so hard. I thought preparing mentally through the chemo/radiation/Pneumonia and being in the moment each day would somehow make it easier. It hasn't. Had to take Willow in yesterday for a lump removal. So now I am crossing my fingers that it is benign. It was way too soon to be back in the Vet's office but it had already been scheduled. Our Vet is wonderful though and hugs exchanged yesterday were helpful.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
T I hope Willow will be ok. I heard yesterday that Jerry a guy I went to school with died. Then I heard how. He had a beautiful German Shepherd that looked like my old Max.

Jerry's wife told my buddy yesterday that their dog had gotten hit and killed in the road and Jerry was so upset he ran out to the road and had a heart attack and died by the dog.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness Frown So tragic. At least they have each other on the other side though that doesn't make any of it better.

Thanks B

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss, that is always difficult. I smiled while looking that the pictures, how goofy our kids can be sometimes....

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
This is what I get for not checking in on the forum or not paying attention when if and when I do. You're a member here (and a friend as far as I'm concerned) that deserves acknowledgement and comfort for your loss. I'm so terribly sorry for your pain. Losing a best friend can bring emptiness that is indescribable but doesn't need to be described to those who have felt it. To me it's almost worse than losing a human close to us. To our pets, we are their EVERYTHING. No job concerns, no political drama, only the beautiful human I am blessed to be with and enjoying every moment being as close as possible. By nature you can't get that from another human. Dogs and pets won't burden you with their pains, that's their cross to bare, not yours, but inside they are appreciating you tending to it. However, they will do everything to keep you comfortable both emotionally and physically whether it's removing a spider from your arm or defending you against that sketchy guy in the brown truck that comes around unannounced every week or so. In the other hand, they can be a little selfish when it comes to bed space.

Sorry for the ramble, I hate to see friends hurting. I am a little happy knowing Sally has a new gentle friend their now. With 4 years under her collar there now she'll be able to show Lily around.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BRL,

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Very eloquent ramble, Scott.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Scott,
That was beautifully written. Thank you so much. I count you as a friend as well.

Glad Lily has friends to welcome her up there. Though I am sad that we have all lost so many wonderful companions. Hugs to you all and apologies I thought the thread had dropped off so I let it and must have missed these last responses.

All of you guys & gals here are amazing people. Thank you all.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I always avoid the rainbow bridge threads because my dog is getting up in the years and it won't be long for her to take the trip. These threads remind me about that and make me sad.

But, I saw that you put up a video, so I watched it. Beautiful video and very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss! Losing a devoted loyal member of the family is so very hard. Sorry P226RN. RIP Lily

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. We have had 3 golden we have had pass. They are loving members of the family. Prayers sent.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post