SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Golden Girl has passed. (Pics and video added)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Golden Girl has passed. (Pics and video added) Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted
Lily my 10 yr old Golden Retriever has been battling cancer since October. She had the worst luck by having two primary cancers which spread to two more areas one of which was her front leg. Today the leg broke and there was no other choice but to end her pain and let her join the pack in heaven.

She battled long and hard defeating pneumonia that almost took her over Christmas. She took chemo and radiation like a champ and found some relief from it for a little while. Up until the end she was her goofy uncoordinated loving self.

She was with me from 8 weeks old. The runt who had the biggest mouth and crawled up on top of the pile of puppies to sleep when I saw her at the breeder. She picked me and I couldn't have been luckier. I got her only two weeks after the passing of my last Golden which was probably a little soon. She won me over quickly and was my constant companion through some hard times. She should have been an emotional support dog (All Goldens are made for this). She was silly and couldn't catch a damn thing (except for the pure luck catches a few times which of course were met with stadium level cheering.

She welcomed her Deaf and often difficult sister Willow with open arms (paws). And, despite being picked on a lot by her she never complained a bit. I think I told the story once her a long time ago... When she was still just a puppy she saved me from a spider. It was something I will never forget. She tried and tried to get my attention that it was crawling on my sleeve. But I didn't understand the nudging of the nose. Eventually as if to say "Fine Mom I got it" she grasped it gently from my sleeve and spit it on the floor. Coolest thing ever. Most recently she welcomed two more rescue dogs to her house. One of which became quite bonded with her.

My heart is breaking tonight and so I am up unable to sleep. I am so glad she is out of pain finally. Goldens are notoriously stoic so I have no doubt she hid a lot of discomfort from us. I will miss her terribly and will always get up for my overnight trip to the bathroom being careful not to step on her. She loved to wrap herself around the bottom bed frame leg on my side. And in the kitchen I will always turn around slowly as she loved to position herself as a speed bump stealthy behind you as you cooked. I will miss her high fives and crazy head shaking and rocking and rolling on the grass. And, most of all her hugs and woo woo woo's when she was excited or proud. Godspeed Lily until we meet again.

Sorry I would like to post a pic or two but I haven't learned a new way yet and not sure I have the brain power at the moment. Thanks for letting me share her with you all.

https://flipagram.com/f/1O1DSbnq1BS Long video tribute to Lily

BIG Thanks to Sigmonkey for hosting the pics!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P226RN,

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
All dogs go to heaven. I like to think one day I'll see some of mine again. Sorry for your grief. Hope you find peace real soon.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Is this her?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I am sorry Lily had to endure the pain of the cancer and the treatments. Your description of her was beautiful. I am sorry this happened to you and to her today. I believe in my heart a loving God has prepared a special place where kind animals live on and are happy.

I hope in time you find peace.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I absolutely LOVE Goldens and like all dogs, it just kills you to lose one. My last Golden was 11 1/2 when he finally had to take the trip.
The two I have now are total goofballs in their own ways and I hope they can hang around for many years to come.

Sorry you are going through what every caring dog lover has to go through at some point.
quote:
Godspeed Lily until we meet again.

That says it in a nutshell.
If dogs don't go to heaven, just let me go to where they are.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
kkina, yes thank you that is her!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear about Lily. May she find many a wonderful mate at the Bridge.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. We recently lost our Golden Mutt, best dog we ever had...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Oh, I so sorry to hear P226RN. I know how much you love your four legged family members. Like so many of us do. They give so much and ask for so little in return.
You and Lilly had such a great life together it seems. As more time passe's you will enjoy her enduring memories more than a thousand times over.

RIP good girl.

Sending a prayer for comfort tonight.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, dear Lily, and my heart goes out to you tonight as you mourn your sweet girl. Wishing you comfort in the memories of the great times - her keeping you company while you cooked, and guarding you from spiders and protecting you in your bed at night. Sounds like you had mutual love for each other, and you were both lucky to have each other.

I will toast you and Lily tonight. I believe that Lily and my recently departed shelter kitty Jingles will get along well together - and that Jingles is showing Lily the ropes up there. I trust that both will be awaiting us on the other side, for when it's time for us to be together again.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss, but glad that Lily does not suffer any more.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this.As a dog lover we are burden with them passing.We do what is best for them and they give us their undying love.
We remember every one we ever had and they are all different but its always the same with their love for us.
Over the years I have lost many and cried like a baby each time.
Be strong for willow ,I am sure she is grieving also.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry Tara, I hate dogs, but Retrievers and Labs get a pass. May Lily, be running around somewhere in her puppy form waiting for you.

Godspeed Lily.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. They always take part of your heart with them.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I can hope that Lily will be meeting up with my Sunny, sounds like they're much the same. Godspeed sweet girl and a prayer for you in this most difficult time, we share the burden with you. Goldens are special..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. Frown

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I recently suffered the loss of my best golden/yellow boy. I am sorry for your pain.

You have my condolences.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, I know the pain.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
RIP, Lily.

I'm so sorry, Tara.

Frown

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
Goldies truly are a special breed. I still tear up thinking of mine who left us at 13...

Posts: 3428 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post