SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Brownells sells the DVD for $25. If you happen to have a discount there it's $20.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8766 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a copy from Top Gun Supply. It is very informative and worth more than the cost.

Bill

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job I have both DVDs and have watched them many times to correctly clean my three sig pistols. Thank you.

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy Folks, does the DVD cover how to install a short trigger into a 229R DAK?

-Also- What are the recommended tools to order from Brownells?

Thanks!

Posts: 34 | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris,

My DVD vol 1 should be in tomorrow. Been looking forward to stripping down my p220. I just now finished reading the last 14 pages of this thread and now I'm a little concerned by a few of the comments. Will this DVD do me any good if my 220 is a SAO model?

Posts: 486 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The DVD doesn't address the SAO, sorry.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8766 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you know of any decent info out there Chris that covers SAO's? Your DVD will still come in handy for my 229 but my 220 was the one I really wanted to get into.

Thanks Scott

Posts: 486 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS FOR THE INFO, THE DVD HELPED ME WITH ALL OF MY CONCERNS. IT IS REALLY A MUST HAVE.

Posts: 7 | Location: DUVALL, WA. | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not much difference between SAO and DA/SA as far as help from the video goes. Had a friend I met here on the forum talk me through the safety which is a no brainer. The rest is pretty much the same as the video shows. Stripped my SAO 220 this morning without a lick of trouble.

Scott

posted Hide Post
Can be found here in stock:

Topgun: http://www.topgunsupply.com/cw-weapons/

USMC: 1975-1979
CT LEO-Retired: 1980 to 2018
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
NRA Training Counsel
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Posts: 214 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: May 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's worth twice that price. All armorer's videos should be this useful, practical, straightforward and well-done.

Amen to that brother, It saved my sanity on my first SIG mod attempt (P6 mainspring swap) little reassmbly trick in that section, whew it's a life saver!

Posts: 450 | Location: Louisville, KY, USA | Registered: April 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my copy yesterday and couldn't help but follow along. Before I knew it I had my frame in pieces. Took the opportunity to clean everything out, and reassembly was a piece of cake with the video. Well worth the price - it's really well done.

Posts: 369 | Registered: March 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nsagnell
posted Hide Post
Bought it

--------------------------------
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Posts: 1774 | Location: Miami | Registered: June 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered it.

******EDIT****** 6-18-09

and received it today!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JBubba57,

Posts: 203 | Location: Southeast USA | Registered: January 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris--I received the DVD yesterday--watched it twice- converted my P228 DAO to DA/SA and also installed the "short" trigger.

Took twenty minutes start to finish! Shoots and functions fine.

Excellent work--thank you!

Tim

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if the DVD talks about lighting up the DA pull?

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryo:
Just wondering if the DVD talks about lighting up the DA pull?

Nope. It doesn't address lightening the DA pull either Wink.

posted Hide Post
Does it show how to remove or adjust the sights?

Thank You,

Mark

Thank You,

Mark
Bikers For Christ M/M

The Bible: Read, Apply, Repeat

Posts: 474 | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We removed/installed sights in the second, SIG Pro, DVD. The SIG owner's manual discusses sight options for raising/lowering poi and windage is adjusted by drifting the rear sight in the direction you want to move your bullet poi. That's best done with a sight tool, but can be easily accomplished the old-fashioned way (hammer and punch).

posted Hide Post
Chris,

It didn't stop me from buying your Sig Sauer Armorer's Course.

Thank You,

Mark

Thank You,

Mark
Bikers For Christ M/M

The Bible: Read, Apply, Repeat

Posts: 474 | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post