SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A couple new Helms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A couple new Helms Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
I received the white one first, but had another for a second spot in the waiting list. Just today I got the bracelets on them. I sprung for the extra bracelet on the white face.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Shoot, this was supposed to be in the watch thread. Roll Eyes

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Good looking watches, nevertheless. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I love the engineer style bracelet on the white/silver dial Helm! Was that an extra from Helm? I’ll have to look into that.

To add some perspective for the non watch enthusiasts among us owning a new Helm watch is not an easy task. Their waiting list is easily over one year long. Some people estimate up to a 4 year wait might exist for some models. Eek This is a watch brand that can be resold at a profit on the used market because the demand for their watches FAR exceeds the supply.

I waited a little over a year to get this Vanuatu.

Helm does a “lottery” of sorts for those on their waiting list who get lucky. That’s how I got my Komodo.

In my experience the watches are worth their good reputation. Helm makes stout, quality built automatic dive watches at a very fair price. Their attention to detail, build materials and overall quality are all superb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
You lucky dogs. I'm on the wait list for a Komodo. It could be years.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm down to #48 from high 700's on a Vanuatu Titanium. Ordered early February 2021 for my son's Fathers Day 2021 ... Hopefully, now this coming one with fingers crossed

Love the Helms and know it'll be worth it in the end

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I stand for "We The People ..."

Posts: 259 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
stick, thanks! That bracelet really shows nicely and it was an extra cost. I'd have to look it up, but I think it was $61 or so? I was lucky to have applied for three spots on the waiting list, though I don't recall the third one. When that number comes up I'm not sure what I'll do. Do I need a third? Big Grin

Sorry, can't comment on your pics only because I can't see them. Not sure what the issue is with my laptop, maybe out of date browser or need to clear my cache which I'm reluctant to do for other reasons.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
That top one with the white dial is beautiful I love orange dials too but that one pops.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I regret my dial color choice with my Komodo. The white/silver dial is sharp!

The lume is another area where Helm shines. I love the blueish green lume they used on the latest Komodo.

When you compare the lume of a Helm against Tissot’s flag ship diver, the limited production Seastar Professional 1000 (which retails for 6x the cost of a Helm) it becomes apparent just how much bang for your buck Helm provides.

It pains me to admit that out of the box the dang thing even keeps better time than the Swiss automatic movement in the Tissot. Though with a little love and fine tuning the Tissot should also be close to +/- 2 seconds a day that both of my Helms consistently keep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'm on the list for a Komodo. I've been on well over a year - maybe two years.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Damn, those are sweet looking watches.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post