SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:

Really cool pic. Is that a scale model? Pretty cool effect, nonetheless, making it look like one if it's not. I see different people in the cars, so I'm 50/50.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
Really cool pic. Is that a scale model? Pretty cool effect, nonetheless, making it look like one if it's not. I see different people in the cars, so I'm 50/50.

Thanks. It's the "miniature" setting on my camera that creates a tilt-shift effect. These were the bumper cars at Knott's Scary Farm as I was standing on the ramp waiting for the 9:00 Elvira show.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:

Thanks. It's the "miniature" setting on my camera that creates a tilt-shift effect. These were the bumper cars at Knott's Scary Farm as I was standing on the ramp waiting for the 9:00 Elvira show.

Dam, that's cool. I never knew what tilt-shift lens do - lol. I usually shoot birds.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
Another Saturn shot from my observatory in Virginia.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reconair:

Very Cool! What kind of telescope and how did you capture the image?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Quick shot as I was crossing the Snohomish River bridge yesterday...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by reconair:

Very Cool! What kind of telescope and how did you capture the image?

I used a Takahashi 250S Dall-Kirkam Cassegrain reflector on a Tak EM400 Equatorial mount. Image was captured with a ZWO AS120MC camera at 250frames/sec. Total 2999 frames taken and stacked using Registax 5.1 and post-processed using Photoshop CS6 on a Mac.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
My buddy has the craziest neighbors.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ do they also give out candy?

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
^^^^^ do they also give out candy?

Beats me. But, apparently there is some local neighborhood haunted house network they belong to where they collect canned goods for the food bank.

Another yard haunt here.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
At the range with one of my daughters.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Pic today taken with iPhone 6, then processed with Sketch Master phone app

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post

Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Pic today taken with iPhone 6, then processed with Sketch Master phone app

That is very interesting. Might have to look into that app.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Halloween sunrise

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Off the porch this morning

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Weekend trip in Central Utah, we were fortunate to see some Wild Horses.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Few quickies from recent work days.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post