SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Ruger GP100 Match Champion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger GP100 Match Champion Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Sweet tuned action!

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really dig it. I had a chance to get one locally,kind of cheap but missed out on it as I had to work. I like the barrel profile.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I really dig it. I had a chance to get one locally,kind of cheap but missed out on it as I had to work. I like the barrel profile.

Thanks, I couldn't believe the action not just light it is S&W smooth.

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
excellent !

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How did you get rid of the ugly azz billboard markings on your barrel?

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robotoid:
How did you get rid of the ugly azz billboard markings on your barrel?

Previous owner did that. He had a gunsmith mill off both sides. Looks a ton better !

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I love the flats on the side of the barrel, and the half underlug. That a nice looking gun. I have a 2007 vintage standard GP100 4", and it's an absolutely amazing revolver. Very smooth trigger and comfortable to shoot, while being robust enough to safely absorb anything you want to put through it.

I picked up a pre-lock S&W 66 last year. I'd wanted a K-Frame Smith .357 for years, and it's a very nice gun, but when I actually put it to work, I quickly came to the realization that I had the better gun all along in my GP100. They're that good.

Posts: 8545 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I love the flats on the side of the barrel, and the half underlug. That a nice looking gun. I have a 2007 vintage standard GP100 4", and it's an absolutely amazing revolver. Very smooth trigger and comfortable to shoot, while being robust enough to safely absorb anything you want to put through it.

I picked up a pre-lock S&W 66 last year. I'd wanted a K-Frame Smith .357 for years, and it's a very nice gun, but when I actually put it to work, I quickly came to the realization that I had the better gun all along in my GP100. They're that good.

I like how easy they are to disassemble. Simple and effective. Smile

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I love mine!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is an outstanding revolver. I have the regular version, and love it.

Rolan Karma'd me a set of Williams Fire Sights for it, and they really put the finish on the package.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post