SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It looks better with mesh. There are a few divers with rubber straps that I like but typically I prefer a nice mesh bracelet on a diver. That’s a good looking watch SC.

How do those old Orient watches compare to the old Seiko 6309 and 7002 divers?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have changed my opinion on Seiko’s Mini Turtle. At first I wasn’t a fan of this watch. I didn’t care for it’s feel and it didn’t look right. Well, I just didn’t have it on the right strap. I tried a mesh bracelet and the stock silicone but it wasn’t until I got a Strapcode stainless bracelet that I really began to appreciate the watch. It feels and looks perfect now. Cool

This watch band has a wetsuit ratchet buckle that allows you to quickly adjust the size of the band. This feature is awesome since the watch does fit pretty snug on my wrist so being able to loosen it a few millimeters is great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have a Casio Pathfinder (SAW 1200) that has given up. These are solar, with a battery/capacitor. They are like a G-shock, but with compasses, barometers, and thermometers. It is 15-ish years old. It was working three months ago, but then I stored it in a dark place. Now, even extended exposure to the sun will not wake it up.

Will a replacement battery/capacitor revive it? What will that cost? I have asked Casio, but haven't gotten an answer yet, so I turn to my invisible friends.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It looks better with mesh. There are a few divers with rubber straps that I like but typically I prefer a nice mesh bracelet on a diver. That’s a good looking watch SC.

How do those old Orient watches compare to the old Seiko 6309 and 7002 divers?

On par. The 469 IS a 7002made by Orient in house.
It's crown seals are the same as the 7002/SKX.
The glass is THICK!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Will a replacement battery/capacitor revive it? What will that cost? I have asked Casio, but haven't gotten an answer yet, so I turn to my invisible friends.

That should fix it given it's age. The issue is finding someone locally who can/will do it for you.

Good Luck,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Turns out all it needed was a few more hours in bright sun. The battery may not charge to as high a capacity as it originally did, but it still works.

Here it is as a watch, displaying the time received from the atomic clock in Denver:

And here it is doing its thing as a compass:

It shows its age - 15 years of banging around in the woods.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it came back to life. I had an eco drive do something similar. Just like yours it only needed a prolonged time in direct sunlight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
When I had one, I kept it in diffuse light in a north facing window.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
My wife's fairly new SKX007 Seiko. She wanted a watch in keeping with the trend for larger dials so I got her this 37mm diver(she has really tiny wrists).

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I got my new orange Seiko Samurai wet today. I was suddenly and unexpectedly punted off of a tube behind the boat in this picture not too long after this pic was taken. I lost some fabulous sparkle sun glasses (that the wife hated) but the Seiko Samurai is still ticking away and keeping excellent time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:

Excellent. I've been giving these a hard look lately. How do you like it?

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not eTripper, but I have the same watch and I’m a fan. Accurate (mine gains a second about every six days), comfortable (wears smaller than the specs would make you believe), better bezel than the comparable Seiko (and 60 clicks too instead of 120). Nice value. OEM strap is, to me, a bit too long and stiff. It’s a monster for NATOs or silicone two-piece straps, though.

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Guy:...better bezel than the comparable Seiko (and 60 clicks too instead of 120).

You say that as though it were a feature. It's not; more clicks equals more precision.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:

Congrats! I've got the "descending blue" James Cameron version and love it. It's beautiful, big, and solid! As long as you've got the wrists for it, the "Deepsea" Sea-Dweller is a great choice.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

Thank you, Sir. I saw your photo a few pages back, she's a keeper alright!

NRA Life Member

Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:

Excellent. I've been giving these a hard look lately. How do you like it?

This Citizen 200m Diver has been a great EDC watch. I changed-out the strap for a more comfortable Blu Shark NATO band. Hard to go wrong buying one!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a cheap Chinese made homage to my Omega Seamaster Professional chronometer along with a copy cat bracelet. I can’t wait to see how a $81.00 + $40.00 investment compares to a time piece that cost almost $2k used. Smile

My Chinese made (NH35A clone) homage to my Seiko 6105 Willard has been way better than I expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I just had to have this Fortis wrist biscuit!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post