SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
New anthracite dial turtle. Pics don’t do it justice...this thing has a gorgeous dial!

I got a smokin good deal on it! Big Grin. I was expecting the eBay seller to cancel the auction. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm in love with these two:

I just wish that the chrono model had sapphire crystal. I go through watch faces fast.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Looks good, Stickman.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
New anthracite dial turtle. Pics don’t do it justice...this thing has a gorgeous dial!

I got a smokin good deal on it! Big Grin. I was expecting the eBay seller to cancel the auction. Cool

Dammit, man! That's very nice, and just pushed me over the edge. Big Grin

I've been thinking about scratching the itch for a grey dial Orient. Aaand I ordered it.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm jonesing for something with a gray dial. That would scratch the itch well!

Congrats.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will pick up my SBDC053 at FedEx tomorrow. Giggity giggity. Better than Christmas!

Posts: 236 | Registered: October 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Stickman, what model number is that? I’m a Seiko guy. I like that color.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
ador, it is a SRPC23J1 and it’s even more beautiful in person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites sporting a new bezel and insert. The bezel actually clicks now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
This came in last night. Made early 50's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of my favorites sporting a new bezel and insert. The bezel actually clicks now.

I like it! Can you tell us about that band?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Tudor is nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Here is my gray-faced watch. A Grand Seiko. This one is their high accuracy quartz movement. The standard is +/-10 seconds a year. While it is hard to measure, this one does better than that, and is probably running more like 5 seconds a year.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
What do you guys like for spring bar tools?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
This came in last night. Made early 50's.

That is fooking awesome.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

I use the Worn & Wound tools:
https://windupwatchshop.com/co...s/tools-and-supplies

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just use a cheapy from Amazon. It isn't rocket surgery.

Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Jhe, your Grand Seiko is something to behold! The detail of the hour markers, and the blue hand are striking.

Prior to following this thread, and learning about quality watches, I didn't even know they existed.

Certainly a grail watch for me after reading about them.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
In watchmaking school we had to buy our tools from an "authorized" list. It was a bit of a scam since we got them for about 10% below list price, but I'm sure the school got them for less than that and pocketed the difference.

At any rate, the tool I got then works better than several that I've tried since: http://www.ottofrei.com/Bergeo...luxe-Spring-Bar-Tool. If that's a bit too pricey, or is overkill for your needs, I've used this one with good results as well: http://www.ottofrei.com/Bergeo...ng-Bar-Removing-Tool.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:I just use a cheapy from Amazon. It isn't rocket surgery.
Ah, but is it brain science?

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post