SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
A fine looking timepiece! Seiko's are built to last a lifetime. Seeing kinetic on the dial does it use a battery or just wind from movement?

Both. It has a rotor that spins when your arm moves (like a mechanical automatic watch), but that rotor drives a tiny generator (instead of winding a mainspring) which charges a battery and several capacitors which power a quartz movement. When fully charged, it will reportedly run for six months. The originals' (ten years ago) capacitors had some trouble with too short lives, but the addition of the rechargeable battery has, apparently, solved this problem.

Imo, thats a perfect balance of charge combinations. Enough to keep it always charged and no worries if it sits for any period. Great choice. I'm frustrated with going on my second winder for the yachtmaster so it now just sits in the drawer. On the other hand, my Eco Drive that sits on my bathroom window sill has stayed charged for a few years without any use, but has it's share of dust these days. I just don't wear either hardly at all these days but still love to look at all the nice offerings. I really like the simplicity of Jeffs grandfathers watch, very elegant and a band to die for. I'm keeping an eye out these days for a beautiful elegant watch with a leather/croc band like that. I had my eye on a possible trade with cash for a used Rolex Cellini but still puts me in that same situation of having to wind it to keep it going. Things would be different if I wore a watch daily but is not the case these days. And honestly though I love the looks of the metal watch/band combos, they're just getting a bit on the weighty side these days. Thats where a nice looking gold watch with a leather/croc band would be tops in my book. Here's a poor cell pic of my two neglected offerings these days. Though the Eco Drive is ticking away, I haven't set it to the correct daylight savings setting in a few years. It was a fantastic dive watch when I was using it and fills that nitch perfectly...

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoshooter:
I'm primarily a Seiko guy with a few Citizens for good measure.

Would you please tell me who makes this band? I'm looking for one like that for my Citizen. Thanks.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
You know I'm a bit embarrassed after looking at all the great images in this thread and taking a photo using an iphone. Especially having a great dslr to use also. Really the Gallery is just as much about photography as the contents in these threads, so an apology is offered up in my behalf. I have seen some great images taken with cell phones in the past but I'm still learning to use mine for photos. No excuses.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
So my buddy StewieGriffin went and got himself a new dslr and decided to practice taking photos of of random items including my nice watches. Here are some macros of both my previously posted watches; complete with all of their battle scars.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kravashera:
So my buddy StewieGriffin went and got himself a new dslr and decided to practice taking photos of of random items including my nice watches. Here are some macros of both my previously posted watches; complete with all of their battle scars.

Krav, nice of photos. Excellent details. I investigated the price-point on these watches and they are quite reasonable!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vemon:
Seico Black Monster

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/venom-72/view/1059409/

Vemon, that's a really great-looking Seiko watch!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of my older Citizen Eco.

Picture of xring04
posted Hide Post
Wore this to ride down to the post office.....

To pick up this....

Then I put it on this.....

There are only 100 of each color schemes being made and mine is the only one with these hands.

On the Right.

Posts: 1197 | Location: NE Fl. | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
xring, that watch rocks, man! A lot of watch for the money. Really sharp looking. I've never heard of this company before. I'll have to start reading Watch World a little more often.

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Crappy pic, but my newest used addition. I like em on the smaller side.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My latest - I think it was made for a "Bond" strap...

And my '65 Bulova Accutron, which belonged to my father...

__Jason

Posts: 208 | Registered: July 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scombs263
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1974 | Location: USA | Registered: March 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
1899 Elgin

Posts: 3996 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
1899 Elgin

Dude, that is a beautiful pic!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hamilton Khaki X-Wind

__Jason

Posts: 208 | Registered: July 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 25 | Registered: February 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
something clever
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
I checked out their website, and I am intrigued by the Christopher Ward watches.

As I wait for my Planet Ocean to come back from being serviced, to the tune of $525, I realize I could have a new CW diver for close to that price.

Posts: 4868 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Outstanding watches and photography, guys! Very impressive!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife gave me an awesome 40th birthday present.

Posts: 566 | Location: Mountain Brook, AL | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post