SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Inbound vintage Omega that I couldn't pass up. Vintage stuff tends to be small, but I can pull it off because I am.... small. Smile

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stickman's Casio got me sentimental about mine. I have one and will post photos of it with my 1960 Hamilton Rodney that was my Grandfathers after the new strap comes in. The Casio has been with me to Ecuador, Turkey, Saudi, and a bunch of other places since 1998.

Posts: 176 | Location: Louisville | Registered: April 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
r0gue, what year is your Omega Seamaster?

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by Seotaji:
Gentlemen, I am in love.

I have not been a fan of their chunky watches, but this is so sleek and simple.

That's the FIRST B&R I have seen that I actually like. Most are very unattractive. Beautiful watch!

RMD

I generally like the B&R watches, because of their chunky style. With my skinny wrists, I could never wear one though. The B&R that Seotaji posted is frickin' gorgeous!

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Wow! Sigforum members have some fine watches. I will humbly submit plastic fantastic......last time I posted a pic of it a member here blew a gasket and asked to be banned/withdrawn from SF. Roll Eyes My old Timex Expedition watches would take on water after 1-2 seasons of surfing, boating, and basically being worn 24-7. This baby has held up well so far, its been knocked around quite a bit and keeps on ticking. She may be ugly but it lets me know what matters most during the summer surf season....what the tide is doing at the oceanfront. Big Grin

That's the watch they use to hit with the hockey stick in the commercials.

I say if you like it who gives a shit what anyone else thinks. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 566 | Location: Mountain Brook, AL | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow! Sigforum members have some fine watches. I will humbly submit plastic fantastic......last time I posted a pic of it a member here blew a gasket and asked to be banned/withdrawn from SF. Roll Eyes My old Timex Expedition watches would take on water after 1-2 seasons of surfing, boating, and basically being worn 24-7. This baby has held up well so far, its been knocked around quite a bit and keeps on ticking. She may be ugly but it lets me know what matters most during the summer surf season....what the tide is doing at the oceanfront. Big Grin

Those people suck. I love my G-Shock. Since discovering them, I always make sure there is one in my stash.

To hell and back reliability is how I would describe them.

I've taken mine below sea level, wayyyyy above it, frozen and roasted.

I don't need to set it, it never needs a battery and I can always count on it. All for $50.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
r0gue, what year is your Omega Seamaster?

Not really sure precisely. Late 50s for sure.

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seotaji:
quote:

Those people suck. I love my G-Shock. Since discovering them, I always make sure there is one in my stash.

To hell and back reliability is how I would describe them.

I've taken mine below sea level, wayyyyy above it, frozen and roasted.

I don't need to set it, it never needs a battery and I can always count on it. All for $50.

Ditto I have a G Shock AW solar atomic, hell and back watch, I have some nice watches but Casio is the one I would trust my life on.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Here is one of my favorites:
Hamilton Titanium Khaki Frogman Automatic.

Darnit, Matthew! You've reignited my internal debate over keeping or selling my Hamilton. Razz

Well let's see it, maybe your SF friends can provide further reinforcement. Smile

This one needs a new band, but I can't find a NATO that is as nice as what Hamilton provided, it is a leather lined fabric NATO type.

I kinda want a nice custom Bund strap. At one time I found a guy who made them from old baseball gloves or surplus military leather cartridge belts/carriers. They were expensive, but super cool and high quality.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
...my internal debate over keeping or selling my Hamilton. Razz

Vintage Hamilton Aqua Date Smile

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well let's see it, maybe your SF friends can provide further reinforcement. Smile

Okay, wise guys (Matthew and r0gue). Wink Here we go with some crappy photos. It's a standard Khaki Automatic, purchased in 2008, I believe. I've got the paperwork around here somewhere....

I've hardly worn it, and I'm not sure why. I wanted a Hamilton for so long, found this one and snapped it up, and then I keep wearing my beataround Seiko all the time. Confused
I wonder if maybe it's just because the band is so stiff... maybe swapping bands would get me to wearing it more often.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

LIKE!

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post

You know, the band would soften right up if you would only wear the thing. Razz

I vote keep it , but only if you are going to let it see the light of day. Smile

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Good point, Matthew.
Looks like tomorrow is "Hamilton Day." Cool

God bless America.

Picture of risingwater
posted Hide Post
Came in the mail today

Nixon "Cannon"

Posts: 831 | Location: Lake Charles, La | Registered: April 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:

beautiful pieces

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

LIKE!

Thanks! The upper crown rotates the inner bezel thus there is no external bezel to rotate for diving. Very "Sea Hunt"! Smile

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This weekends vintage watch pickup. 1950s Omega Seamaster

The strap and dial sold me on this watch. It's a period correct Teju lizard strap. As far as I can tell this watch is all original. It came with a box. For all I know that too is original. But that strap. It's to die for. Elegant, yet rough. Thought my SF buds would dig it's vintage nature.

Picture of Hobbit712
posted Hide Post
One of my latest.

Posts: 69 | Location: God forsaken jungle of SW Florida | Registered: November 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post