SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Tissot?

To all Veterans: your sacrifices are not forgotten. Your sacrifices are honored. Welcome home. For those not home yet, please know that many of us pray for your safe return soon.

Posts: 587 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: September 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I know this is probably the wrong place for this post, but the audience is right. Are Ball watches worth the price? I’m specifically considering the Roadmaster M Archangle. I’ve never considered spending anywhere near that amount of money on a watch, but this one is starting to speak friend to me. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of Ball watches, an Engineer Hydrocarbon & Fireman Victory, and like them very much. They're well built, great looking watches that have kept great time. Never had an issue with either of them. Worth the money? As you say, that's good chunk of change and you have a wide range of very nice watches to choose from when you get into those kind of dollars. I think they're worth it, but it's obviously a matter of choice.

Here's my two...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have liked the look of some Ball watches, but the tritium tubes keep me away. I don't want a watch on which the lume will be dead in 12 or 15 years. Even if Ball is around to replace the tubes, I don't want to have to do it. Now that we have good "passive" lume, use that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
There is a rumor that their Q/C has slipped lately. YMMV.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
isolator,

Yep. It’s an older Seastar 1000.

This one has a unique off center display case back. There is a little diver and seahorse/Seastar logo that are almost hidden on the very bottom of the rotor. I say almost hidden because they are only visible when the rotor is aligned with the bottom part of the display case which exposes more of the rotor. You can see a little bit of the diver and logo in this pic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So I was asking you guys about Seamaster watches and mesh bracelets....pics of 007’s new watch just got released and it is looking excellent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I have liked the look of some Ball watches, but the tritium tubes keep me away. I don't want a watch on which the lume will be dead in 12 or 15 years. Even if Ball is around to replace the tubes, I don't want to have to do it. Now that we have good "passive" lume, use that.

Interesting point jhe. That had not even crossed my mind!

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I've had a Ball (purchased from Dave actually). It was huge bang for the buck.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have an older Ball Skindiver with an actual ETA 2836-2 in it and it's great.

Now that the supply of ETA movements are drying up, Ball has had to turn to Sellita (same supplier for Tag Heuer) for movements and are actually using an in-house movement in their premium line of watches.

However, there have been some problems with the Sellita parts and watches are having to go back under warranty.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34106 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I've had a Ball (purchased from Dave actually). It was huge bang for the buck.

Both of my Ball watches, shown above, came from Dave Truong.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Damn it I was all set to get a Quickster, and you guys had to go posting all these pictures of the Seastar. Damn it.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
DO NOT get a Seastar....especially one with the newer Powermatic 80 movement. It will spoil you with its low cost, insane 80hr power reserve (mine is closer to 90hrs Eek) and VERY good accuracy.

They are addictive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I talked to my local Omega AD and got a price on the new 007 Seamaster. $8100 on a nato and $9200 on titanium mesh... Eek

It’s a nice watch. Definitely has some interesting stuff going on, the titanium construction of both the case and band is quite intriguing but damn it’s expensive. The case is made of type 2 titanium and will apparently “patina” over time. Hmmm. Is that just another way of saying it will scratch easier than SS!?

It’s sunburnt/tropic patina is a hard sell when I could easily buy three used but VERY NICE Seamaster examples maybe even one with a real patina for the price of this new 007 with its faux patina and tropic dial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Five days without a post to the watch thread!?... TO THE ARCHIVES!

Seiko Orange Monster modded by Yobokies. Like so many great watches I've owned, I no longer have this one. But it was a cool watch.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That reminds me to wear my Orange Monster, which is totally stock.

I like that dial.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
rOgue, That’s a cool Seiko mod! The dial and hands are quite similar to the Orange Tissot T-Navigator. I really like that second hand. Are the hands lumed?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Semi American made Diver sporting patriotic colors. Designed and assembled in Baltimore and sporting a Miyota 9015 automatic movement which is quite accurate.

I have a blue/white NATO I typically have it on but I thought I’d try something new. I’m liking it more than I thought I would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Almost forgot to show the best part....a 2 o’clock crown! Pretty unique eh?

The display back is nice too. Less than 500 total production.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve been researching the watch a bit and discovered it was fully funded on Kickstarter in 40 minutes. Eek holy micro brands Batman!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~