SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
IWC Chronograph I got two croc bands with it a dark blue and a dark brown both were two small so I put on this tan leather one. This will look better with the brown croc band.

That's beautiful! I am a sucker for furnace blue hand sets!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I had an extra NATO that I thought might look good with my 1999 Seamaster. I’ve been into NATO straps lately and have been putting them on all my daily watches. Big Grin

The strap is a bit small but it looks better than I was expecting. Different for sure I kinda like it.

I have the same watch and considered that band, but thought it too gaudy. Now, seeing yours and how good it looks, I'm rethinking it.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m really enjoying it. The Seamaster on a NATO is so lightweight you forget you are wearing it. The Omega NATO straps are tempting but not at their price.

I ordered a few new NATO straps for my Hamilton. This watch is so cool, has everything, 330ft WR, rotating bezel, display case back, day date, looooooong syringe hands and a SUPER easy to read dial. It’s almost the perfect watch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I didn't know if I should put this here or the knife area. LOL

After getting Richard the Enfield SMLE trainer, this shows up at my door!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm liking that Hamilton, stickman!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I didn't know if I should put this here or the knife area. LOL

After getting Richard the Enfield SMLE trainer, this shows up at my door!

Omega case knife?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

Omega case knife?

RMD

Swiss Army

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Super deal at Jomashop!!!

Alpina Startimer pilot 44mm AUTOMATIC

$295 FREE SHIPPING!!!

https://www.jomashop.com/alpin...+Wed+Exclusive+Email

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I decided to do a little science experiment tonight. I am going to try a forced patina project with two Hard boiled eggs in a ziplock bag along with a brass watch and bronze watch. (Sulfur exposure)

The Guinea pigs are a Bronze Zelos Mako V2 and a Brass Ventus Northstar. Two exquisite micro brands that punch well above their modest price tag.

Zelos Mako before “treatment”.

Here we go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I left both watches in the bag overnight. The bronze Zelos didn’t do too much. It darkened a little and lost some of its luster. The Brass Ventus changed quite a bit. It looked almost rusty when I first pulled it out of the ziplock.

I thought I had a pic of my Green Ventus prior to its treatment but I can’t find a good one of it so I’ll post a pic of my blue Ventus when it was new for reference. It looks old and crusty now. No, I didn’t ruin a watch, I can undo the patina with a cloth and some polishing.

It certainly looks like a MUCH older watch now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My Christmas present came a little late.

My quest for the perfect everyday watch may have just ended. Eek Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Birthday gift from Mrs 12GA. Seiko SARB035.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very nice. It's sterile.

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

That watch on a bracelet would be an amazing daily driver. What ref is that?

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Hamilton is nice. I like the cream face.

And those SARBs are always great choices.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
rOgue, ref: H64455523

I have a bunch of nato straps inbound for it. It came with brown leather straps but I just did it care for them. There is another version with just the date but I love the day date.

Edit to add there is also a larger version 42mm I believe and it’s nice looking but I MUCH prefer watches in the 38-40mm range. My silver/Champaign dial Hamilton has a 40mm case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I believe there are stainless bracelets from the factory available for all the variants.

I’m tempted to scoop up the black dial version of mine with a SS bracelet.

The one I REALLY like has been discontinued by Hamilton for some time. The khaki King Scuba Auto with a silver dial and blue bezel insert. The black versions are easy to find (mine is posted above on this very page). Silver dial autos are unicorns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
If I had the stainless bracelet for my Hamilton Khaki King, I'd probably wear it more often.

Unless stickman wants to add it to his collection. It's got the black dial, and is currently wearing a leather band from SF's own sureshot45 (with original Hamilton buckle).

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I picked a 1996 two tone DateJust last night from a pawn shop. I got a stupid deal on it because nobody is spending money right now.

I brought my loupe and oyster cracker with me to authenticate it before I handed over the cash.

It's literally FLAWLESS. Whoever had it never wore it. The 3135 movement is just stunning beautiful. It keeps absolute perfect time for a 24 year old watch.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Christmas gift from my wife; yeah, I helped her pick it out.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post