SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That 7750 is keeping perfect time with my computer clock! Big Grin
This 2003 TAG is perfect. Absolutely mint.
Apparently it was never worn.
I paid what I consider going rate for a TAG 2000 Chrono.
They were wanting $1200 for it a month ago.
Beat up ones are $800+. The Super 2000s are $900 or so and all beat to crap.
I paid right at $900 for this one.
It wears exactly like the Breitling Chronomat. But for less than half the cost of a used one.
And without the Duboise Depratz modular movement(the no one will touch it movement)

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39742 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, I ordered this one from Crown and Caliber.

16570 Explorer II - the solid 3185 GMT movement, not the fragile 3186.

Black Friday promo was $175 off their sale price.

$5400 out the door. I am going to arrange to pick it up Monday!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34103 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Sneak preview (AKA my dad is awesome). Since he is getting on in years & he rarely wears most of his watches, he has passed them on to me.

First one:

He's not telling me much about them so I can learn for myself. Assuming this one is WWII. May have to make a light box to take better pics, any help is appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000: May have to make a light box to take better pics, any help is appreciated.

Lacking a light box, a north-facing window works well if you're in the northern hemisphere.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
OK, I ordered this one from Crown and Caliber.

16570 Explorer II - the solid 3185 GMT movement, not the fragile 3186.

Black Friday promo was $175 off their sale price.

$5400 out the door. I am going to arrange to pick it up Monday!

AWESOME! Congrats! That's a great watch. Same 3185 I had in mine from 1998 to 2013. It was +/- 0 sec a day when I sent it in for service due to a dislodged rotor.

And I now have one in my Coke GMT.

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Well,... I caved.

Incoming -- 39mm Laco Kempten B-Uhr Flieger

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Well,... I caved.

Incoming -- 39mm Laco Kempten B-Uhr Flieger

I don't blame you. It's gorgeous.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice find, Mars.

You're not helping, Rogue.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

All
YOUR
Fault!

BTW -- 10% off for Black Friday. I think you have until noon tomorrow. get at it!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I picked up the Rolex on my lunch break. I waited and ordered it online this morning because it was an extra $250 off!

Crown and Caliber is a very nice place. It's actually a boutique that you have to make an appointment to visit. They allowed me to place the order online and have me there at lunch and now I know why.

They were very nice to me, even though he knew this was a huge purchase for me. He treated me with respect and confirmed my giddyness as he said every time he sells one to someone who he knows will love the watch it makes him just as happy to see his customer happy.

He took my Omega and polished it up and said he could tell I loved it because it is in such nice shape. He knew the Rolex was going to a good home.

We had a private area to explain how it works and to fit it to me. They fed me snacks and drinks while we talked watches.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34103 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

All
YOUR
Fault!

BTW -- 10% off for Black Friday. I think you have until noon tomorrow. get at it!

If it were more than 10%, I would. It is the next one for me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Here it is!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Most excellent!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Here it is!

I think that's my all time favorite Rolex (albeit with the white dial personally). Then the Coke GMT, then the black dial ExpII. S that exact watch is in the top three for me. I'd rather have it new than a Daytona.

PCL is an aberration.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I wanted a sub, but that was stratospherically out of my reach.

The black dial gives me the look of the sub with a cost I could bear. The white dial just didn't do anything for me. My omega is a silver dial and I just wanted a dark dial watch.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
WW1 Patria (Omega) with hand painted Sacred Heart:

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Damn! You Got-Rocks guys! Nice scores!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20317 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That Patria is something else.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn! You Got-Rocks guys! Nice scores![QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jhe888:
That Patria is something else.

Thanks. I have about 25 more coming soon. My father gave me most of his collection excluding the most valuable & sentimental ones. Most haven't been worn in 20-30 years. I am dreading the cost of having them serviced, but they are all high quality and worth preserving.

-Bomber Harris

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
A trench watch is high on my want list.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!