SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    B&W Photo Thread!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B&W Photo Thread! Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3991 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I like this, it's actually a color photo, people always go "It is?"

Any chance you have this one in higher resolution? I love it (and Utah for that matter) and would love to use it as a desktop background. Thanks!

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
This is circa 1966, in Ann Arbor, MI. My younger Sister was not yet born.

My son during our second trip to Onekama, MI in 2001.

Me back in 1964'ish.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
^^There appears to only be a white LEO in that picture.

No LEOs were used in this one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3991 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Big Grin

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of burntice
posted Hide Post

Posts: 277 | Location: South Bend IN | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Some beautiful work folks.

I am impressed with the range that digital does for B&W.

Having seen some exquisite solan prints done by the greats and what I see digital has been able to produce is something I never thought possible 45 years ago, when I first cut teeth on B&W photography, processing and printing. Prior to that, it was the old Brownie, and Polaroids.

The rewards of processing and printing were seeing the results as you worked, and offset the limits that were encountered on the budgets most had to work with.

Now the less effort to get a finished image, is contrasted by the detail and tonal ranges.

I would like to see some of these images rendered to high resolution, good tonal pan film like the old 25 ASA Pan-X and then printed on Ilford MG4 or Kodak rag papers.

Some of these rival large format 8x10 and 11x14 view camera work.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Some beautiful work folks.

I am impressed with the range that digital does for B&W.

Having seen some exquisite solan prints done by the greats and what I see digital has been able to produce is something I never thought possible 45 years ago, when I first cut teeth on B&W photography, processing and printing. Prior to that, it was the old Brownie, and Polaroids.

The rewards of processing and printing were seeing the results as you worked, and offset the limits that were encountered on the budgets most had to work with.

Now the less effort to get a finished image, is contrasted by the detail and tonal ranges.

I would like to see some of these images rendered to high resolution, good tonal pan film like the old 25 ASA Pan-X and then printed on Ilford MG4 or Kodak rag papers.

Some of these rival large format 8x10 and 11x14 view camera work.

When I read 45 years ago in your post, I thought you must be an old fart till I figured out how long ago I was doing B&W developing and printing. It was 45 years ago. Rock concerts in San Francisco. I used Tri-X ASA 400 film boosting the ASA to 1600 in camera and using a special developer to develop the film, then printed as normal. Digital has come a long way, and I shoot with an FX body now. Haven’t done film for a very long time.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The light fades quickly...

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
A couple of shots from my first year photo class in high school...

Posts: 6353 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Thanks to wingspar for some inspiration Smile

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post

Ok ... one that's not my daughter Smile

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post