SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    B&W Photo Thread!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B&W Photo Thread! Login/Join 
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple I converted to B&W...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10904 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing all these. Great thread.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
To keep the thread going.

Recon flight, Vietnam, 1968. Asahi Pentax 17mm semifisheye.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
This is one my wife took at Case De Fruita California.

Posts: 7414 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3513 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
A study in contrasts

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3986 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recent random monochrome

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

IMG_0106 by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Monday Blues by Nathan Latsha, on Flickr

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Gazing Up by Nathan Latsha, on Flickr

Nightfall descends.. by Nathan Latsha, on Flickr

Pontotoc Texas by Nathan Latsha, on Flickr

St. Louis Cemetery 1 by Nathan Latsha, on Flickr

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3986 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spokes
IMG_0402-2 by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Looking west towards a partial view of downtown Atlanta
IMG_0411-3 by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Recent edit of a shot I took a couple years ago...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10904 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Theres some really neat pics here. For some reason, I think B&W draws emotion of of people and animals more than the same exact color pic. Dunno if thats just my brain or a known thing...

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Theres some really neat pics here. For some reason, I think B&W draws emotion of of people and animals more than the same exact color pic. Dunno if thats just my brain or a known thing...

It does. I think the lack of color results in the brain's natural inclination to "place a thing", so it analysis the content much more.

That "analysis is raw, so the emotion is raw, and evokes feeling.

I think the same can be said for other sensory inputs. For instance music/song that we know and have heard, and then hear only the instrumental, and how it "feels" different.

Or flying and seeing the "world" with different eyes and differing context.

stuff like that.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43777 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Thats a good observation Monkey. I do know that anytime I see a B&W album of photos, I stop and look thru them. Ansel Adams stuff makes memstop in my tracks.

Humph! And my wife says Im not a deep thinker!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like how a friend puts it .."colour shots will show you what something looks like, B&W will reveal it's soul".

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
quote:

I like how a friend puts it .."colour shots will show you what something looks like, B&W will reveal it's soul".

Basically why I felt we needed a B&W thread. Just something about it.

For me, I have a huge collection of B&W photos and books. If I can look at a photo, and not immediately feel the need to see the colors, then I feel like it succeeded in monochrome. If it feels like it is missing something, B&W just might not have been the best option.

posted Hide Post
Is sepia ok here also? If so, please allow me to offer a recent photo I've taken:

The sugar shack by Tim, on Flickr

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post