SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images?
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smartphone Photos updated any iPhone, Samsung or Pixel images? Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
What beautiful effects that Prisma app can add to a stunning image. I almost had forgotten about that app and went to see if I can download it to my MacBook to play with images but sadly you can only install it on an phone or iPad Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Back from the dead. Smile

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Wow, yea back from quite a sleep. Especially with the new iPhone 12 soon being released and from the looks of it "as rumored" may have 4 lenses, and what I like is it is also rumored to have a similar case to the iPhone 4. I had a 4S and really liked the size and heft of it. Though in camera tech, IMO most all recent model years have been high quality, great images has so much more to do with whats behind the smartphone, composition, and lighting not to mention post processing.

That said, beautiful images "Q" I'm a fan of floral photos. Love the brilliant colors!

A little rumored camera tech and images of the new iPhone 12 to be released supposedly in the fall of 2020.

iPhone 12 leak reveals camera details for all four models — and a surprise upgrade
By Mark Spoonauer May 21, 2020
Tom's Guide is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

With four reported iPhone 12 models on tap ranging from 5.4 inches all the way up to 6.7 inches, it looks like Apple is trying to provide something for everyone with this year’s lineup. And now a new report has confirmed camera details for all four models while revealing three different suppliers.

According to Digitimes, LG Innotek, Sharp and O-film Tech have all received camera orders for the iPhone 12. And the number of expected shipments for each module tells us which models Apple expects to sell best. Plus, there's a surprise camera upgrade we haven't heard about before.

iPhone 12: Everything you need to know
Buying iPhone 12? New report reveals best (and worst) 5G carriers
Just In: iPhone 12 and 5G — new report reveals best and worst carriers
Sharp and O-film have reportedly landed the camera module orders for the 5.4-inch iPhone 12 and the 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Max. The total number of shipments is expected to be 50 to 55 million units.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Here’s a couple I took in the back yard recently.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Even the cat enjoy's some good flower arrangements

Regards, Will G.

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Everything I photograph is on my iPhone. Currently an iPhone 11pro max.
So convenient having something on you all the time that takes decent photos.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
My boys and I visited my friend in OKC this summer. This is our big event of the vacation, a hot air balloon ride up in Goddard, Kansas during our vacation. Pics taken with my Samsung Galaxy S20. Sorry, the pics are vertical so they are a little fuzzy with cutting them down in size.

Before the ride.

In this pic in the middle just above the trailers you can see a horse running. We were low enough at this point that when the pilot pulled the gas it scared the horse and it took off running.

Our shadow.

On the ground after landing.

This was an amazing ride and something we will never forget!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Hot air balloon rides are fun, aren't they? I've done 2 so far, one over Arches NP and another in Kenya, East Africa.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
A lot can be said for using good dslr gear. In the past I purchased some nice quality stuff and settled in to decent post processing apps. Took what I'd consider to be some pretty good half-decent work and have it stored on computer and my online app. If it weren't for some health related stuff I'd likely still be using and lugging it around. It was enjoyable.

These days, as Grumpy states and others have posted, smartphone technologies are more than capable for taking quality snaps and easily getting the content online. Even if many use some apps for light post processing, the real and simplicity of using such a small and capable portable device these days trumps carrying around all the added gear of dslrs. The smartphone camera tech is only getting better incrementally considering limited space for sensor size, they do a terrific job, not to also add that it's much more than a camera with it's computing and communication capabilities.

I've since passed on my dslr gear to others who will enjoy the use and quality that it's known for, I know it has a good home I'm quite certain. Nowadays, I'm just extremely thankful I can still stay in the game so to speak and take a few good snaps using something that will fit into just one hand!

It was a good run for the dslr in my past...

Regards, Will G.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Hot air balloon rides are fun, aren't they? I've done 2 so far, one over Arches NP and another in Kenya, East Africa.

flashguy

Absolutely! My 15 year old was nervous at 1st but calmed down quickly. My 14 year was cool as a cucumber.

I always enjoy seeing the pictures from your trips flashguy.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Absolutely! My 15 year old was nervous at 1st but calmed down quickly. My 14 year was cool as a cucumber.

I always enjoy seeing the pictures from your trips flashguy.
WEll, thank you very much! Lately I've been posting on the Ugly Hedgehog photo site--my posts are here: https://www.uglyhedgehog.com/u...c-list?usernum=66435.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:

On the ground after landing.

This was an amazing ride and something we will never forget!

Love this image and the colors. Samsung Galaxy's have always been a great choice snapping images. Those and the Google Pixel smartphones are superb for camera tech. Either of them would have definitely been on the top of my shopping list if I didn't already have my iPhones sync'd to the photos app, iCloud etc, on the MacBook and my other Apple stuff.

Regards, Will G.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd also put this out there for those who may be interested in downloading a couple of free apps to enhance and expand on the pre-installed factory apps for both iPhone and Android users. They may boost the smartphone camera features and even the Halide app allows you to shoot in RAW modes for those who enjoy more of the post processing experience. I have both and enjoy them.

Halide

Focos

Regards, Will G.

posted Hide Post
Taken today, Baltimore Inner Harbor (from a water taxi during a meeting) towards the National Aquarium and USS Torsk. Completely untouched, as-is from my iPhone SE (current model).

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I think he's doing his laundry, the old wash rock.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Amazing, this thread still has a pulse, thanks for contributing photos, I enjoy seeing what the smartphones can do. Even if the thread fizzles out, a lot of great images from members, thank you.

Regards, Will G.

posted Hide Post
Yard Moose in Spokane WA in August. They came for the shade and sprinklers.

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

WOW...

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
WOW.. is right! In all my 66yrs here in South Florida I've never seen anything like these animals in nature. Lots of alligators, birds and snakes but these magnificent beasts, never. I have traveled out west and the mountains and canyons were incredible, breath taking.

You folks are so lucky to have this natural scenery and icing on the cake is the animals that roam free. Thank you for posting these amazing nature photos.

Regards, Will G.