SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A long time ago
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A long time ago Login/Join 
Picture of omega5
posted Hide Post
1967, Dad's old Winchester 30-30 the deer I took that morning
and a proud hunter; me. The next year, it'd be an M14 and the
jungles and rice paddies of Vietnam. I've never been deer
hunting or any other type of hunting since other than hunting
the two legged variety of animal. Just never could get excited
over hunting like I did as a kid. Oh I still kill a mess of
squirrels now and then for breakfast and I'll shoot a coon
or coyote that's become a nuciance but I don't hunt for pleasure.
Dano

Tet survivor 68-69
Retired LEO 41 years
NRA PATRON Life Member

Posts: 69 | Location: East TN | Registered: October 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ikor1:
34 years old and about 1/4 way through my career as a cop...and proud of it :-)

Good luck ikor1. Remember you are there to help those in need and hang the dirt bags.

Kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Looking for something else, I found this pic I forgot I had. Working news for KHOU Houston, early 80's, a little get together in the piney woods NE of town.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Been on the forum for over 10 years. I remember the day this was posted.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zackie
posted Hide Post
I really like the look of the stock.

Greatness is a journey...

Posts: 4 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: June 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't walking yet in 1984. Very cool picture Para.

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a SSGT selectee, stationed in the SAR squadron in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, and shooting match grade Garands and M14s in High Power matches on Oahu. I always wondered what the look on ol 5-0s face would have been, (yup, that's where the term originated,) if they opened my trunk on the way to a match and found TEN military grade M14s and a couple cans of 308 ammo.
LOL...

"You can tell a lot about the character of a man, by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him."

Posts: 14 | Location: Central Oklahoma | Registered: November 17, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was the summer before going into 7th grade for me. The empty is less than a foot from the rifle and the bolt is already closed or nearly so! What a great pic!

Posts: 904 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post