SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    New to me - 1970 Olds 442!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me - 1970 Olds 442! Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
very NICE, love THE GOLD ! I am in Paris TX, will BOLO for that 1099 hot rod LOL

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Wait, so you post up ONE pick of the classic 1970 442?

One stinking pic?

Come now you are failing us....

J/K, that is a lovely car, I would enjoy seeing more photos.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Like! I've always been an Oldsmomble (spelling intended) fan.

I had a '77 Cutlass Supreme Brougham, red with white vinyl top and red interior, and the 350 Rocket V8 with Quadrajet. I never had the Quadrajet troubles.

Like yours, mine had the matching paint color wheels with a nice chrome center cap. I believe Oldsmomble did a great job on styling.

I finally wore that car out and traded it in for a brand new Pontiac Grand Prix.

Enjoy yours.

Your car, like most any of the traditional old school muscle cars, has soul. Todays modern cars are pretty much blah, with no real sense of style and the coolness factor.

I need to find another and cruise around on Saturday nights. I wish drive in movies would make a comeback, and we do have one here. I remember when drive in movies were all over the place.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

In 1988, age 15, I bought a 1967 Pontiac Firebird with a 400 big block.

Drove it till 1990 when it developed oil pressure issues. I went and found a 1970 Pontiac LeMans in a local junkyard with a decent 350 big block in it and with the help of a local car mechanic my family was friends with and went to, we transplanted that 350 into the Firebird.

I really look back fondly at that era when the old muscle cars were still a thing and the new rice burner 4 cylinders were just starting to show up.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Great car!

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I am also in the

NEED MORE PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

camp……

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
After a wash on Friday:

And at brunch yesterday:

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Reminded me of this:

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
From the back from the same wash....

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
https://vimeo.com/user3835278/review/671583546/e9285d2395

Plato

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Someone embed that for me!

Plato

Picture of WASIGP226
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's gorgeous!

Posts: 6068 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I have an incredible emotional attachment to the 70 Cutlass; that’s a story for another time.

The one I reference was powered by a 350 Rocket with Hurst shifter. I loved that car.

Furlough, that is a beautiful machine.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a gorgeously restored classic! Well done!

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:

Let's see if this works. Great sound from a muscle V-8

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
That sound is unmistakable and outstanding!!

Best of luck with that beauty.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That takes me back. My friend had a new one at work with the Hurst shifter when I was in high school. I mise the muscle cars.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Pretty pipes, great sound! Love it when a V-8 thuds instead of roars.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:

Thanks you!

Plato