SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    When was the last time you found primers other than auctions?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When was the last time you found primers other than auctions? Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
July 2020 at Sportsman's Warehouse. $24 a thousand for Federal Small Pistol Primers.

Really? They were selling for $35.00/1,000 at our local Sportsmans Warehouse before this all started.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Saw an auction for 5000 primers that went for $1250. I would sell mine for that. I might even deliver them a couple states way. Big Grin

I might have bought 1k small rifle primers in PA two years ago. Otherwise I haven't ordered primers since before the last shortage (when was that, O'bummers first term?) I'm getting down there, but I stopped shooting USPSA and multigun, so what I have is good for a few more years.

Posts: 21041 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I bought about 150K of various primers in 2013 if that's any indication. Wink

How many do you have left?

Depends on who you ask.

Me: Not enough.
Wife: WTF did you buy all that for?

Big Grin

Need a new friend ? Big Grin

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midway just had CCI #41s available for 30min. Just missed them by minutes

Posts: 8 | Registered: February 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
If you happen to be in PA, no shipping:
WINCHESTER PRIMERS, SHOTGUN 209
ITEM #:W209
Availability: In stock
$39.99
In Store Only
We are located at 1635 S. Lincoln Avenue, Lebanon, PA 17042.
https://www.shydasoutdoorcente...un-209.html#964=1171

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23926 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
last June 500 Winchester LR at the normal Scheels price. That was the last of Scheels, of any primers that was in stock.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Wednesday a friend called me, Youi needed small pistol magnum, right? Sportsman's got'em. I bought you a brick."

Against my better judgement I purchased some (overpriced) CCI 43s from Midway a couple of weeks ago. Last month all that was standing in the way of a 5000 SR primer purchase from Brownells was a glitch that wouldn't let me add anything to my cart.

They're out there; you just have to know when and where to look.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3346 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:
Wednesday a friend called me, Youi needed small pistol magnum, right? Sportsman's got'em. I bought you a brick."

Against my better judgement I purchased some (overpriced) CCI 43s from Midway a couple of weeks ago. Last month all that was standing in the way of a 5000 SR primer purchase from Brownells was a glitch that wouldn't let me add anything to my cart.

They're out there; you just have to know when and where to look.

That's what I'm finding also. It comes and goes, but primers and powder are out there, frequently at a price that's not so bad.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three days ago at Fin, Fur & Feather in NE Ohio off I-71. They had minimal supplies, limited to one (100 count) box of SP, LP, and some shotgun primers. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
80,000+thousand SP&M/LP&M/SR/LR&M w/ Match primers by the brick also.
300+ Lbs of powder

Those who snooze....loose!

Those who snore loose more!!

Pull your heads out....since it was a fraudulent Presidential election year by the lying Demoncrats.

pictures or it didnt happen Smile

Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No pic(s) required
Products in hand....beats Procrastinating & Whining!!

sure they are not required but I would like to see 300+ pounds of powder and 80 k primers.

Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No pic(s) required
Products in hand....beats Procrastinating & Whining!!

sure they are not required but I would like to see 300+ pounds of powder and 80 k primers.

He's got me beat. After mad reloading for the past year I'm down to a little over 200 pds of powder and just under 50k primers ... but I had him beat last January. I've just been reloading like a mad man for the past year so my stock is way down and may never be like it was before.

Actually, I managed to add more powder and boolits than I used over the course of the past twelve months ... but not primers. I loaded roughly 30k rounds of various calibers this past year ... plus I had a few thousand prepped and primed bags of cases I had stashed away from Top Brass, primed with CCI 41s ... I am down some on brass too. I've spent a lot of time just prepping range brass lately.

To answer the OP's question though .... I have not found any primers that I am willing to pay the high prices for, not while I still have around 50k remaining although I am getting really low on small pistol and milspec small rifle primers.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Just bought 10,000 shotshell primers for $37.00/1,000 online.

Not a bad deal.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just back from a long road trip, helping someone move to Salt Lake City. I had to stop at a few gunshops to keep things interesting.

Sportsman’s Wherehouse in Salt Lake had 1k boxes of SR primers, forget the brand, maybe CCI. There were about 30-40 boxes locked behind glass, price was $66 for a box, limit one. I didn’t buy any.

I stopped at Brownells in Iowa in the way back, nice store, access to the in stock catalog items too. They had SR primers in stock, they were mid $80’s for 1k. I didn’t buy any there either. They did have various 223 & 9mm ammo in stock, prices weren’t to bad on the ammo. I just bought some Warne rings for a new CZ rifle.

That was my 1st time at Brownells I did do a few others, Cabala’s in Sidney, NE, & a Scheels in Salt Lake.

Posts: 6128 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post