SIGforum
When was the last time you found primers other than auctions?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/6250009974

February 28, 2021, 08:08 AM
Flash-LB
When was the last time you found primers other than auctions?
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
July 2020 at Sportsman's Warehouse. $24 a thousand for Federal Small Pistol Primers.

Really? They were selling for $35.00/1,000 at our local Sportsmans Warehouse before this all started.
February 28, 2021, 10:28 AM
cas
Saw an auction for 5000 primers that went for $1250. I would sell mine for that. I might even deliver them a couple states way. Big Grin

I might have bought 1k small rifle primers in PA two years ago. Otherwise I haven't ordered primers since before the last shortage (when was that, O'bummers first term?) I'm getting down there, but I stopped shooting USPSA and multigun, so what I have is good for a few more years.
February 28, 2021, 11:43 PM
XLT
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I bought about 150K of various primers in 2013 if that's any indication. Wink

How many do you have left?

Depends on who you ask.

Me: Not enough.
Wife: WTF did you buy all that for?

Big Grin

Need a new friend ? Big Grin
March 01, 2021, 05:35 PM
85MikeTPI
Midway just had CCI #41s available for 30min. Just missed them by minutes
April 02, 2021, 08:39 AM
chellim1
If you happen to be in PA, no shipping:
WINCHESTER PRIMERS, SHOTGUN 209
ITEM #:W209
Availability: In stock
$39.99
In Store Only
We are located at 1635 S. Lincoln Avenue, Lebanon, PA 17042.
https://www.shydasoutdoorcente...un-209.html#964=1171

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
April 02, 2021, 10:34 AM
cuda2045
last June 500 Winchester LR at the normal Scheels price. That was the last of Scheels, of any primers that was in stock.
April 03, 2021, 08:16 AM
vulrath
Wednesday a friend called me, Youi needed small pistol magnum, right? Sportsman's got'em. I bought you a brick."

Against my better judgement I purchased some (overpriced) CCI 43s from Midway a couple of weeks ago. Last month all that was standing in the way of a 5000 SR primer purchase from Brownells was a glitch that wouldn't let me add anything to my cart.

They're out there; you just have to know when and where to look.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."
April 03, 2021, 10:54 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:
Wednesday a friend called me, Youi needed small pistol magnum, right? Sportsman's got'em. I bought you a brick."

Against my better judgement I purchased some (overpriced) CCI 43s from Midway a couple of weeks ago. Last month all that was standing in the way of a 5000 SR primer purchase from Brownells was a glitch that wouldn't let me add anything to my cart.

They're out there; you just have to know when and where to look.

That's what I'm finding also. It comes and goes, but primers and powder are out there, frequently at a price that's not so bad.
April 06, 2021, 07:41 AM
Rodfac
Three days ago at Fin, Fur & Feather in NE Ohio off I-71. They had minimal supplies, limited to one (100 count) box of SP, LP, and some shotgun primers. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.
April 10, 2021, 05:49 PM
XLT
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
80,000+thousand SP&M/LP&M/SR/LR&M w/ Match primers by the brick also.
300+ Lbs of powder

Those who snooze....loose!

Those who snore loose more!!

Pull your heads out....since it was a fraudulent Presidential election year by the lying Demoncrats.

pictures or it didnt happen Smile
April 10, 2021, 09:02 PM
XLT
quote:
quote:

No pic(s) required
Products in hand....beats Procrastinating & Whining!!

sure they are not required but I would like to see 300+ pounds of powder and 80 k primers.
April 10, 2021, 10:53 PM
Gallo Pazzesco
quote:
quote:
quote:

No pic(s) required
Products in hand....beats Procrastinating & Whining!!

sure they are not required but I would like to see 300+ pounds of powder and 80 k primers.

He's got me beat. After mad reloading for the past year I'm down to a little over 200 pds of powder and just under 50k primers ... but I had him beat last January. I've just been reloading like a mad man for the past year so my stock is way down and may never be like it was before.

Actually, I managed to add more powder and boolits than I used over the course of the past twelve months ... but not primers. I loaded roughly 30k rounds of various calibers this past year ... plus I had a few thousand prepped and primed bags of cases I had stashed away from Top Brass, primed with CCI 41s ... I am down some on brass too. I've spent a lot of time just prepping range brass lately.

To answer the OP's question though .... I have not found any primers that I am willing to pay the high prices for, not while I still have around 50k remaining although I am getting really low on small pistol and milspec small rifle primers.

April 11, 2021, 08:14 AM
Flash-LB
Just bought 10,000 shotshell primers for $37.00/1,000 online.

Not a bad deal.
April 14, 2021, 05:24 PM
sourdough44
Just back from a long road trip, helping someone move to Salt Lake City. I had to stop at a few gunshops to keep things interesting.

Sportsman’s Wherehouse in Salt Lake had 1k boxes of SR primers, forget the brand, maybe CCI. There were about 30-40 boxes locked behind glass, price was $66 for a box, limit one. I didn’t buy any.

I stopped at Brownells in Iowa in the way back, nice store, access to the in stock catalog items too. They had SR primers in stock, they were mid $80’s for 1k. I didn’t buy any there either. They did have various 223 & 9mm ammo in stock, prices weren’t to bad on the ammo. I just bought some Warne rings for a new CZ rifle.

That was my 1st time at Brownells I did do a few others, Cabala’s in Sidney, NE, & a Scheels in Salt Lake.