SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Old can of IMR 4350 was given to me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old can of IMR 4350 was given to me Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted
My father in law gave me some old cans of powder from a relative that passed away.
I'm guessing this was probably from the late 70's. Price on it is 2.44!!!

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
That's pretty awesome. As long as there's no rust or fowl odor inside the can, the powder should be just as good as was back then.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
If good, it will smell of ether.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
The Alliant 2400 worked great in my 44 mag.

I also got IMR 3031. How well would that work for 308? I normally use 4895 for that.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
3031 should be fine in a 308.

I have some old powder given from at least the mid 80’s, I try to use it 1st.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I have an empty can of IMR 4895 that has a 'Gibson's' price tag on it. Gibson's Discount Centers were a family owned business in several North Texas cities.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
When I first started loading for the 06 it came in a square can with a snap lid ,then they changed to this style and now days its in a plastic bottle and 4 & 8 pound jug,Good powder.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
quote:

Remember when you could buy 25 pound cans of?
When you went to buy some you had to bring your own bottle.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post