SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Ammo And Components Starting To Show Up?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo And Components Starting To Show Up? Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted
I'm hearing on the boards that are mostly local to the greater Phoenix area that ammo and components are starting to show up here and there.

Perhaps the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train after all.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m thinking not yet. If you need something, buy it, if the price is somewhat reasonable.

Posts: 6126 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not seeing or hearing of any primers on the shelves in the Indiana / Southern Michigan area yet.

But it seems reasonable that someone is getting them.

Some of my shooting group are talking they should put what they have in inventory up for sale, on one of those gun sale sights.

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those setting on ammo and supplies, Bird in Hand worth 2 in bush! Hold your cards.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive gotten notifications about some bullets, but no primers or powder yet.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only compononents showing up are the ones
On gunbroker , where our fellow gun owners are
gouging the desperate amongst us who were not
Prepared .

Posts: 26 | Location: Rockland county NY  | Registered: December 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite bullet maker, RMR, has been rapidly pulling down backorder links as the projected cost and availability of Copper/Brass/Lead is going critical. This is going to get much worse before it gets better.

Posts: 8 | Registered: February 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I'm finding stuff, but I'm not sure if it's because it's filtering back into the wild, or if I'm finding it because I stepped up my search game.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3346 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Nothing in North Denver Metro yet.

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ammo is starting to show up on shelves around here. A little powder here and there. Absolutely no primers.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nothing here. Even the one LGS that has had a pretty consistent supply of powder and bullets throughout this mess was pretty well bare when I was there last Friday. Haven't seen primers in months...that hasn't changed.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Powder is generally ok in my area. Ammo is minimal and expensive when you can find it. Primers and new brass are non existent.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Powder is generally ok in my area. Ammo is minimal and expensive when you can find it. Primers and new brass are non existent.

You must shop at Shyda's. Big Grin

Posts: 8 | Registered: February 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Went shooting yesterday at my LGS/indoor range and they definitely are getting more ammo all the time. Even had a big sign posted stating prices for .223 ammo in 500 or 1000 round boxes.

It was 80¢/round. I have no idea what the other calibers were selling for.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Ya know, when I was young, we were poor. Or I thought we were. If I wanted to go shooting, I'd grab my trusty but junk Glenfield 22 and head over to the local dump. In my pocket would be a dozen or so 22s to used on rats. I'd get there and scavenge the traditional shooting place for rejected 22s. And without exception, I'd turn up several unfired ones. (Still got some of them, the Winchester or Western ones with nickel cases, I liked them. So I would find a place to sit and I'd begin looking for critters to pop. When an easy shot presented itself, I'd get a dead rat for my efforts. I took great pride in leaving home with maybe a dozen rounds and leaving with that many dead critters. No, I didn't take them along. The guy who worked the dump kind of became my friend. He didn't run me off and the didn't like rats. He even told me he appreciated me killing them and not flinging lead all over the place. When you're kind of poor, ammo was hard to get. It teaches you to make your shots count/not waste ammo.

But then the rich kids would show up and begin with a magazine dump. I couldn't because I had a bolt action 22. Seems to me we may be getting back to those days. Wouldn't upset me at all. Looking in my gun room, I discovered a sleeve of Federal 550s, or 5 of them. Back during the good times, they were selling for $113+ for the sleeve. Those go with me to the next show. I'd prefer my CCI plastic boxes anyway. I"ve got a .50 cal can of those.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 85MikeTPI:
quote:
Originally posted by divil:

You must shop at Shyda's. Big Grin

Guilty Big Grin

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Not seeing or hearing of any primers on the shelves in the Indiana / Southern Michigan area yet.

But it seems reasonable that someone is getting them.

Some of my shooting group are talking they should put what they have in inventory up for sale, on one of those gun sale sights.

I was up at the home office in Detroit in February and spent hours and hours and a couple of hundred miles driving to every gunshop from Ypsi to Devils Lake, Irish Hills and south to the Ohio border and all the way over to Toledo scouring for primers and powder ... and did not score a single lick. I would have been happy scoring even a needed shell holder ... but nothing, nada. No one had anything. No components, no equipment, niente. That's not counting the out of the way places I called in advance.

One thing though ... it was plenty cold. Devils Lake was under a foot of ice and man oh man it was cold that weekend ... below zero. So I didn't mind driving around in the heated truck ... it was disappointing not finding anything of value though. Used to be I would always come back with boxes of reloading stuff from up there.

We're still not seeing anything on the reloading shelves down here. Not the Mom & Pop shops, not Sportsman's Warehouse, not Bass Pro or Cabella's, not Academy .... nothing anywhere to be had down here.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I bought two pounds of AA-1680 powder at Scheels the other day, on my MN road trip. The price was ballpark, $27.xx each.

I’m on a 7.62x39 & a 30 Carbine kick lately, the speed is right in the ideal range.

Posts: 6126 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I scored 2 lbs each of AA2230 and TAC on Midwayusa.com, the other day and a case of 500 unfired primed LC 7.62 cases, this past week. I keep searching.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sportsmans Warehouse in Mechanicsburg, PA had small pistol primers last Tuesday. You could only buy two packs of 100 at $3.49 each.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post