SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Do you CCW a P239?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you CCW a P239? Login/Join 
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted
The 239 is my favorite Sig and most carried CCW over the last 8 years. I was swayed by an HK USP45 earlier this year and being cash poor, I traded my 239 in a straight trade. I know it was probably foolish... or at least I do now.

Tonight I was looking at a new 239 9mm at my local shop, and it was like saying hello to an old friend. Like my Glock 19 there are lots of options out there.. but the 239 is still a gun I respect. In CA. we only get 10 round mags. I don't consider 8 rounds much of a trade off considering the thin single stack mag is easy to conceal. I've had the 10 round 239 mags and they are odd... All the 239's I've had were easy to shoot well and 100% reliable.

To the question. Are you still Carrying the 239? Do you find it a good carry gun? Or have you moved on to something else and why?

I've had 9mm 40sw and 357sig. DAK DAO and DA/SA... I prefer DAK...in any caliber...9 and 357 were favorites... but DAK is rare in CA. I'm not sure SIG even makes them although they are listed on their site.
Thanks..

UPDATE: 12/6/2017 I finally got my 239 9mm in DAK a month ago. I was able to trade my 239 DA/SA with a local Sig guy who had a DAK 239 who preferred DA/SA. We are both happy and this was a good trade for both of us. I really like the 239 9mm with the DAK.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I carried a P239 for several years. Along came the "You will buy a Glock thread." After reading so many comments about the Glock 19, I bought one. It replaced the P239 within a short time. Higher capacity, ease of maintenance and the "just feels right to me" factor made the decision for me.
The P239 still gets plenty of range time, it is a fun gun to shoot.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to own two and carried one daily. Switched to Glock for size, weight, and capacity advantages.

Posts: 8942 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to carry one, sold it several years ago. Glocks (43 or 19 or 26) work better for me, sometimes a PM9 or LCP.

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prestoked
posted Hide Post
Hey, Christian. Long time!
I, like many, have gone to the S&W MP Shield. For a 9mm CCW pistol, it has become my favorite. It is certainly the most concealable in my stable, and the few things that I would find fault with don't affect the performance enough to make me go back (G19, 239, PM9 M60, M637).
I still regret not buying your 239 with the Nils grips way back when.

*Sigs, HKs, S&W PerfCntr, Caspian, Dan Wessons, Clark, Wilson Combat, Kahrs, CZ SP01 Shadow, Desert Eagle, Les Baers, Ed Brown, Pythons*

NRA Benefactor Member
U.S.M.C.

Posts: 224 | Location: Sacramento, California | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still carry a 239 off duty. While I sometimes try other pistols, I always go back to the 239.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on how I carry, I switch between a P239 or H&K P2000SK. The P239 is always comfortable.

Posts: 2357 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Yes, in .40. Yes, there are smaller/lighter offerings out there but I like the way the p239 shoots and I don't have problems concealing and carrying it.

Posts: 7313 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ranger, I'm sure you know but in case you don't,you can get a Plus 1 kit from TGS and turn that 8 round mag into a 9 round mag which makes a 9mm 239 a 10 round gun. That plus another mag means you are carrying 19 rounds, nothing to sneeze at. Works for me anyway.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for all the responses..
Tom good to hear from you as always.. BTW My son is USMC in NC. Lejeune of course.
Semper Fi!

I see a 239 back in my future...
Best to all and our Nation!

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zig's SIG
posted Hide Post
Late to the party, as usual. My "first among equals" EDC is my P239 with Crimson Trace grips. I shoot it well and it carries comfortably for me in an OWB holster. I just took possession, though, of a P225A, so there may be some competition for carry time between the two.

Businesses don't create jobs, consumers do.

The new (or maybe not so "new") Golden Rule: "He who has the gold makes the rules."

Corruption is everywhere. Only the form and quantity vary.

Posts: 311 | Location: Arizona | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
I carried a 239 for several years, then switched to a G26 a few years ago.

I've also carried a S&W 459 and a 229DAK. So far the G26 is still my favorite.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OldMick, I'm thinking of buying a G26. Does your G26 have the 2 round mag extension? What is it that makes you prefer the 26 over the 239? Weight,capacity? Is the 26 easier to carry?

posted Hide Post
I carry my P239 9mm mostly in colder weather. I too have gone to the M&P 9 Shield for warmer weather. The P239 is far superior to the Shield in my opinion but the ability to have an effective warm weather alternative was very appealing due to ease of concealment. Of course my P245 is even better for colder weather. Having several handguns does make it a head scratcher when deciding the gun of the day. Roll Eyes

Posts: 460 | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I carried a 239 .357Sig for about 18 years and about 6 months ago I got a Gen 4 G19 that I'm carrying now.

Posts: 13011 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a P239 in 357 Sig. My alternate or BUG is a P938.

I stick with what works for me. YMMV

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Carry A 239 9 as part of my edc rotation.
Also carry PPS, P6, P99AS.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Spousal-Unit carries a P239. Loves it.

More importantly you are in CA and have a CCW? Whaaa??!

>>insert Jackie Chan looking perplexed picture here<<

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P239 SAS Gen 2 in .357 that is my EDC.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I carried a 9mm P239 for about three years. I liked the gun but I found the single stack magazines a bit too small for my hands. I ended up with a G26 as my primary CCW. The double stack magazines make reloads a bit faster. The 239 is a great pistol, and was one of the easiest pistols for me to conceal due to it being a single stack.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post