SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Chest Holsters and Backpacking - Another Update Page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chest Holsters and Backpacking - Another Update Page 5 Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Something like this is what I was thinking. My bag has a loop at the bottom of the gun pocket that you could tie it off to.

https://www.clipdraw.com/produ...eath-sig-sauer-p365/

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Here's the holster maker that the guys at HPG use.

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you both. That's what I had in mind.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Did another trip this weekend with the kit bag (more in-depth trip report here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1130093405).

Overall good performace by the bag. I had my map, insulin and assocated equipment, a bag of mixed nuts, and the S&W 360 in there. It got a little damp in there...I noticed some moisture on the gun cylinder...but nothing significant. No rubbing or chafing to speak of, either, so I was pretty happy with that. I had to reference the map a lot because there were a lot of cross-trails, so it was hugely helpful to have it out front and accessible.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
You certainly had a good day for hiking Anthracite Ridge! A buddy and I first went up it when I was 12, in retrospect, I'm a little surprised our parents let us do it.

quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

On the way up I had to keep reminding myself to turn around and look behinds us:

But the view of the top, so totally worth it! Pictures don't even begin to convey what it was like in person:

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tenmm:
You certainly had a good day for hiking Anthracite Ridge! A buddy and I first went up it when I was 12, in retrospect, I'm a little surprised our parents let us do it.

I'd probably have been a lot less sore afterwards at 12 than I was at 38, lol! There was a lady at the camp who had to be in her late 60s or early 70s who did it earlier the same week that we went up. I'll admit that knowledge provided some shame-based motivation to keep us going every time we came to a rough part!