SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Chest Holsters and Backpacking - UPDATE: First trip review Page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chest Holsters and Backpacking - UPDATE: First trip review Page 3 Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Btw, I decided to get the Recon. I’ll still attach the ESEE underneath but use the front panel molle to attach a radio, flashlight and maybe phone/gps.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B.Franklin
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy

Posts: 10954 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Cool, I'll be interested to hear what you think of it! Do you have any trips or plans coming up where you'll be putting it to use?

Posts: 5921 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
No trips planned but would like to get away if possible.

HPG is out of stock for now - will order when stock is available.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B.Franklin
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy

Posts: 10954 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
it's an abnormal enough piece of kit to be kind of conspicuous out in public, but it blends in well with backpacking gear and certain other outdoor attire. [...snip...] while riding a bike or paddling a kayak,

A very good point, with respect to conspicuity. Riding a bike I had thought of, but not paddling. Man, I'm thinking that pack is about ideal for padding/fishing.

God bless America.

Posts: 11943 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
it's an abnormal enough piece of kit to be kind of conspicuous out in public, but it blends in well with backpacking gear and certain other outdoor attire. [...snip...] while riding a bike or paddling a kayak,

A very good point, with respect to conspicuity. Riding a bike I had thought of, but not paddling. Man, I'm thinking that pack is about ideal for padding/fishing.

Yeah, my son and I went on a backcountry kayak camping/fishing trip last fall and there were a lot of things that I couldn't carry with me on the kayak while fishing for fear of them falling out of my pockets or getting wet, and as a result we didn't end up getting any fish pics even though we caught some dandies. It was also awkward re-rigging poles, accessing tackle, etc. We're planning to go back this fall, and I'm really looking forward to having the kit bag along this time....I think it'll make things much easier.

Posts: 5921 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post