SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    what did you qual with the last time you renewed?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what did you qual with the last time you renewed? Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
226 9mm here. Not my carry though. Purchased in 2004 new, made in Exeter and broken in nicely with > 10k rounds.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Kimber Ultra Carry II.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My Retired LEOSA qual was done with my Shadow Systems MR918. My EDC gun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
G19.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gp100 .38 spec.
, Spring XD 9mm, Ruger P90 .45 acp

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
When it was a requirement, the same pistol I first qualified with which is my Kimber TLE.

Thankfully now in Texas you no longer have to qualify when renewing.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Last duty requal: Glock 22, Bushmaster w/ Trijicon ACOG, Benelli M3 Super 90.

CCW: Sig P365

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I don’t have to take the class or qualify anymore, but the last time I did it was with my P220R.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
We have to qualify with EVERY gun we want to carry.

Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Glock 26.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I qualified with my Gen5 Glock 17 RMR and PWS AR with an EOTech.

Day qual and night qual. 400/400.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
My EDC, CZ-75 compact 9mm.

LOVE this pistol.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I no longer have to do the LE quals, but I've retained a ccw permit for several years.

I normally qual with my edc, a P228. It's been the same instructor for the last few renewals, they normally just chit-chat with me on the firing line and spend more time with the novice shooters. I'm not sure if it appears that I know enough not to shoot my foot -or- if it appears that I am beyond help....

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Qualification + renewal?? Not in PA!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I didn't need to qualify, let alone requalify.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gwdex
posted Hide Post
P220 SAS & Glock G21SF. Great shooter's !!

Posts: 205 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fired a Gen4 G17 and a Ruger GP100, for my last LEOSA qual. I will probably do the same when I am finally able to renew. My former employer considers me to be OK to carry any auto-loader and any revolver, as a retiree, if I shoot one of each type. When I was an active LEO, I had to qual with each individual weapon.

In retirement, I tend to carry a GP100 or Speed Six, as “primary,” anyway, so I am not “gaming” the qual by shooting duty-type handguns. As an active LEO, I had to fire for an actual score, but retirees are scored as a simple pass/fail. Of course, I will do my best, as I was one of the “better shooters,” so vanity compels me to continue to take it seriously.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't have to qualify, but you do have to take a "training" before you can get the license. When I first got my permit years ago, I used a Ruger MKII 22LR. I'd never carry something like that, but the training was a couple clowns at the local gun club and we shot brown paper bags at probably 10 feet. I didn't see the point in wasting more expensive ammo.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did my annual LEOSA qual two weeks ago: Glock 17 gen3, and my S&W model 36. Retirement course is built around five shot strings, 3-15 yards, 30 rounds total.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 blasters only
P225
P226
G19

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
P229 Elite 9MM

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post