SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    what did you qual with the last time you renewed?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what did you qual with the last time you renewed? Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
226 9mm here. Not my carry though. Purchased in 2004 new, made in Exeter and broken in nicely with > 10k rounds.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Kimber Ultra Carry II.

Posts: 8232 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My Retired LEOSA qual was done with my Shadow Systems MR918. My EDC gun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1663 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
G19.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3686 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gp100 .38 spec.
, Spring XD 9mm, Ruger P90 .45 acp

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 51713 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
When it was a requirement, the same pistol I first qualified with which is my Kimber TLE.

Thankfully now in Texas you no longer have to qualify when renewing.

Posts: 1875 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Last duty requal: Glock 22, Bushmaster w/ Trijicon ACOG, Benelli M3 Super 90.

CCW: Sig P365

BUCK FIDEN

“Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I AM THE STORM."

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 6078 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I don’t have to take the class or qualify anymore, but the last time I did it was with my P220R.

Posts: 6133 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
We have to qualify with EVERY gun we want to carry.

Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Glock 26.

Posts: 6876 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I qualified with my Gen5 Glock 17 RMR and PWS AR with an EOTech.

Day qual and night qual. 400/400.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 35415 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
My EDC, CZ-75 compact 9mm.

LOVE this pistol.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 11094 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I no longer have to do the LE quals, but I've retained a ccw permit for several years.

I normally qual with my edc, a P228. It's been the same instructor for the last few renewals, they normally just chit-chat with me on the firing line and spend more time with the novice shooters. I'm not sure if it appears that I know enough not to shoot my foot -or- if it appears that I am beyond help....

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Qualification + renewal?? Not in PA!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3352 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I didn't need to qualify, let alone requalify.

Posts: 6935 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gwdex
posted Hide Post
P220 SAS & Glock G21SF. Great shooter's !!

Posts: 203 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fired a Gen4 G17 and a Ruger GP100, for my last LEOSA qual. I will probably do the same when I am finally able to renew. My former employer considers me to be OK to carry any auto-loader and any revolver, as a retiree, if I shoot one of each type. When I was an active LEO, I had to qual with each individual weapon.

In retirement, I tend to carry a GP100 or Speed Six, as “primary,” anyway, so I am not “gaming” the qual by shooting duty-type handguns. As an active LEO, I had to fire for an actual score, but retirees are scored as a simple pass/fail. Of course, I will do my best, as I was one of the “better shooters,” so vanity compels me to continue to take it seriously.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3131 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't have to qualify, but you do have to take a "training" before you can get the license. When I first got my permit years ago, I used a Ruger MKII 22LR. I'd never carry something like that, but the training was a couple clowns at the local gun club and we shot brown paper bags at probably 10 feet. I didn't see the point in wasting more expensive ammo.

Posts: 815 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did my annual LEOSA qual two weeks ago: Glock 17 gen3, and my S&W model 36. Retirement course is built around five shot strings, 3-15 yards, 30 rounds total.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 blasters only
P225
P226
G19

Posts: 11927 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
P229 Elite 9MM

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3159 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post