SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    JM Custom Kydex and Tulster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JM Custom Kydex and Tulster Login/Join 
posted
Both of these holster makers seem to have good quality and well performing holsters. They also have a few very similar items.
I have recently ordered from both. I have placed two orders with Tulster, both shipped the day of order and were received in three days.
I placed one order with JM for a “Quick Ship” item. Their website indicates shipping for the quick ship items is 5-10 business days. I am on day 7. Nothing yet shipped.
There seems to be a significant difference between these two manufacturers insofar as immediate product availability and shipping. It appears that Tulster must have inventory and JM is more “build when ordered and paid for.”
Perhaps I am simply spoiled by the likes of Amazon, but the difference here seems strange. I am sure there is a valid reason, just not yet apparent to me.

Posts: 13 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: May 07, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I'm not as familiar with Tulster, but if you want good quality, JMCK is the stuff. The wait time is irrelevant to me.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both of these holster makers seem to have good quality and well performing holsters. They also have a few very similar items.
I have recently ordered from both. I have placed two orders with Tulster, both shipped the day of order and were received in three days.
I placed one order with JM for a “Quick Ship” item. Their website indicates shipping for the quick ship items is 5-10 business days. I am on day 7. Nothing yet shipped.

I've had holsters from both and JMCK is worth the wait. I've ordered both custom and quick ship items. I've never had a quick ship order that wasn't mailed within 5-10 business days, which is what they advertise.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m good. My JM shipped yesterday and will have it Monday. My son’s arrived yesterday and I am impressed.

Posts: 13 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: May 07, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have several excellent holsters from JMCK. The wait was irrelevant. The quality is worth the wait.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another fan of JMCK. Yes, worth the wait.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I am a fan of both companies. Most of my JM orders have been custom, I may have placed a something from their quick ship and I have never been disappointed. Glad you are happy.

Posts: 2949 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I almost exclusively use JM Custom for all kydex since Raven ditched the Phantom and
Went a different route.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you are happy
Make us happy by providing web sight or contact info
Plz

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Tulster is on my short list as it's one of the only holsters that I can find, other than Veil (which I already own) that mounts the hardware on the thin side of the holster. I was able to handle a Tulster and it seemed to be a well built holster.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a quick ship from JM for a Glock. I really like the holster other than it will accept a G34 and I'm carrying a 19. I'm trying to resist the urge to tinker with it, Its IWB and it doesn't matter.

Posts: 378 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I almost exclusively use JM Custom for all kydex since Raven ditched the Phantom and
Went a different route.

Still a fan of Raven holsters, I have a bunch of their older Phantom holsters. Raven brought them back for a limited run and they are cut for an optic. Unfortunately not for a lot of different guns. I've now become a big fan of JM Custom Kydex.

Posts: 27 | Registered: July 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Glad you are happy
Make us happy by providing web sight or contact info
Plz

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

Posts: 353 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I was just talking to the folks from RCS about on of my current phantom orders. The lady mentioned that they referred people to JM custom if they wanted a Phantom when RCS didn't make them.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
I'm not as familiar with Tulster, but if you want good quality, JMCK is the stuff. The wait time is irrelevant to me.

Ha. I envy your patience. Nice to be young.

Posts: 20 | Location: north-central Florida | Registered: February 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Tulster sells to the masses on amazon, so they have are producing at a very high volume.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2837 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by babue:
I also have several excellent holsters from JMCK. The wait was irrelevant. The quality is worth the wait.

I agree 100% but I'm only a fan of their OWB1 model. I'm not crazy about their IWB offerings. They could do so much better, IMHO.

I love their OWB1 model but it can be pricey. I try to buy their holsters only during a holiday sale, etc.

In truth, I have a box full of their holsters but I don't use them that often.

Posts: 7 | Location: WA | Registered: April 15, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post