SIGforum
JM Custom Kydex and Tulster

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/6160041294

May 19, 2022, 07:25 AM
frjeff
JM Custom Kydex and Tulster
Both of these holster makers seem to have good quality and well performing holsters. They also have a few very similar items.
I have recently ordered from both. I have placed two orders with Tulster, both shipped the day of order and were received in three days.
I placed one order with JM for a “Quick Ship” item. Their website indicates shipping for the quick ship items is 5-10 business days. I am on day 7. Nothing yet shipped.
There seems to be a significant difference between these two manufacturers insofar as immediate product availability and shipping. It appears that Tulster must have inventory and JM is more “build when ordered and paid for.”
Perhaps I am simply spoiled by the likes of Amazon, but the difference here seems strange. I am sure there is a valid reason, just not yet apparent to me.
May 19, 2022, 10:28 PM
enidpd804
I'm not as familiar with Tulster, but if you want good quality, JMCK is the stuff. The wait time is irrelevant to me.

Warren

https://www.policeone.com/columnists/warren-wilson/

www.defensivetrainingservices.com
May 20, 2022, 06:01 AM
bobandmikako
quote:
Both of these holster makers seem to have good quality and well performing holsters. They also have a few very similar items.
I have recently ordered from both. I have placed two orders with Tulster, both shipped the day of order and were received in three days.
I placed one order with JM for a “Quick Ship” item. Their website indicates shipping for the quick ship items is 5-10 business days. I am on day 7. Nothing yet shipped.

I've had holsters from both and JMCK is worth the wait. I've ordered both custom and quick ship items. I've never had a quick ship order that wasn't mailed within 5-10 business days, which is what they advertise.

十人十色
May 20, 2022, 06:10 AM
frjeff
I’m good. My JM shipped yesterday and will have it Monday. My son’s arrived yesterday and I am impressed.
May 21, 2022, 11:17 PM
babue
I also have several excellent holsters from JMCK. The wait was irrelevant. The quality is worth the wait.
June 25, 2022, 06:52 PM
Hume
Another fan of JMCK. Yes, worth the wait.
June 25, 2022, 07:11 PM
dking271
I am a fan of both companies. Most of my JM orders have been custom, I may have placed a something from their quick ship and I have never been disappointed. Glad you are happy.

July 05, 2022, 08:40 PM
njauto
I almost exclusively use JM Custom for all kydex since Raven ditched the Phantom and
Went a different route.
August 14, 2022, 01:14 AM
bendable
Glad you are happy
Make us happy by providing web sight or contact info
Plz

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
August 14, 2022, 08:27 AM
MikeGLI
Tulster is on my short list as it's one of the only holsters that I can find, other than Veil (which I already own) that mounts the hardware on the thin side of the holster. I was able to handle a Tulster and it seemed to be a well built holster.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
August 15, 2022, 06:09 PM
creedbratton2
I ordered a quick ship from JM for a Glock. I really like the holster other than it will accept a G34 and I'm carrying a 19. I'm trying to resist the urge to tinker with it, Its IWB and it doesn't matter.
September 08, 2023, 12:17 PM
DFW_Jose
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I almost exclusively use JM Custom for all kydex since Raven ditched the Phantom and
Went a different route.

Still a fan of Raven holsters, I have a bunch of their older Phantom holsters. Raven brought them back for a limited run and they are cut for an optic. Unfortunately not for a lot of different guns. I've now become a big fan of JM Custom Kydex.
October 03, 2023, 02:52 PM
Bigbuck5
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Glad you are happy
Make us happy by providing web sight or contact info
Plz

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/
October 03, 2023, 03:08 PM
frjeff
https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/
October 26, 2023, 07:07 PM
CD228
I was just talking to the folks from RCS about on of my current phantom orders. The lady mentioned that they referred people to JM custom if they wanted a Phantom when RCS didn't make them.
March 13, 2024, 03:49 PM
sonnydaze
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
I'm not as familiar with Tulster, but if you want good quality, JMCK is the stuff. The wait time is irrelevant to me.

Ha. I envy your patience. Nice to be young.
March 15, 2024, 11:11 PM
ridgerat
Tulster sells to the masses on amazon, so they have are producing at a very high volume.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League
April 16, 2024, 04:38 AM
cnick6
quote:
Originally posted by babue:
I also have several excellent holsters from JMCK. The wait was irrelevant. The quality is worth the wait.

I agree 100% but I'm only a fan of their OWB1 model. I'm not crazy about their IWB offerings. They could do so much better, IMHO.

I love their OWB1 model but it can be pricey. I try to buy their holsters only during a holiday sale, etc.

In truth, I have a box full of their holsters but I don't use them that often.