SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Is it a mag pouch, mag carrier, or mag holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it a mag pouch, mag carrier, or mag holster? Login/Join 
Picture of magholderusa
posted
Lets hear it, what do you call it? Over the years we have heard it called many different things and we are curious what the top option is.

Question:
Is it a mag pouch, mag carrier, or mag holster?

Choices:
Mag pouch
Mag carrier
Mag holster
Mag holder

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
"Mag pouch" is the most common term I've heard/read/used.

"Mag carrier" is also common. As is "mag holder", which isn't listed as an option.

But "mag holster" is a term I've rarely heard/read, likely to avoid confusion with the more ubiquitous (pistol) holster.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
"Mag pouch" is the most common term I've heard/read/used.

"Mag carrier" is also common. As is "mag holder", which isn't listed as an option.

But "mag holster" is a term I've rarely heard/read, likely to avoid confusion with the more ubiquitous (pistol) holster.

Good callout. I added Mag holder as an option.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I voted “mag pouch.” That said, when I’m referring to one of your company’s products, I always refer to it as the proper noun “Magholder;” the term “pouch” just doesn’t fit for me in that context.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I voted “mag pouch.” That said, when I’m referring to one of your company’s products, I always refer to it as the proper noun “Magholder;” the term “pouch” just doesn’t fit for me in that context.

That makes sense! I appreciate that vote! Always interestig to see how others call things.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

posted Hide Post
Mag Pouch.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Clip carrier. Wink

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
IMO, Mag pouch only if it's soft like leather or nylon.

Calling it a carrier/holder covers all descriptions for them all.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Any are correct, but I associate holsters with the gun. For magazines I usually use carrier.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Do not care what you want to call it as long as it works and gets the job done as intended. ................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally call it a magazine pouch but have no problem with any of the listed choices.

Posts: 472 | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I consider them two different things.

Mag pouch makes me think nylon (cordura) or leather.

Mag holder makes me think Kydex.

Most certainly me just being weird but you asked Smile

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6256 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post