SIGforum
Is it a mag pouch, mag carrier, or mag holster?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/5940070684

October 21, 2021, 11:20 AM
magholderusa
Is it a mag pouch, mag carrier, or mag holster?
Lets hear it, what do you call it? Over the years we have heard it called many different things and we are curious what the top option is.Is it a mag pouch, mag carrier, or mag holster?Mag pouchMag carrierMag holsterMag holder

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA
October 21, 2021, 11:58 AM
RogueJSK
"Mag pouch" is the most common term I've heard/read/used.

"Mag carrier" is also common. As is "mag holder", which isn't listed as an option.

But "mag holster" is a term I've rarely heard/read, likely to avoid confusion with the more ubiquitous (pistol) holster.
October 21, 2021, 12:03 PM
magholderusa
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
"Mag pouch" is the most common term I've heard/read/used.

"Mag carrier" is also common. As is "mag holder", which isn't listed as an option.

But "mag holster" is a term I've rarely heard/read, likely to avoid confusion with the more ubiquitous (pistol) holster.

Good callout. I added Mag holder as an option.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA
October 21, 2021, 12:28 PM
TheFrontRange
I voted “mag pouch.” That said, when I’m referring to one of your company’s products, I always refer to it as the proper noun “Magholder;” the term “pouch” just doesn’t fit for me in that context.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
October 21, 2021, 01:47 PM
magholderusa
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I voted “mag pouch.” That said, when I’m referring to one of your company’s products, I always refer to it as the proper noun “Magholder;” the term “pouch” just doesn’t fit for me in that context.

That makes sense! I appreciate that vote! Always interestig to see how others call things.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA
October 22, 2021, 09:31 PM
YooperSigs
Mag Pouch.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
October 23, 2021, 07:31 AM
Wasabi
Clip carrier. Wink

October 23, 2021, 08:59 PM
Nismo
IMO, Mag pouch only if it's soft like leather or nylon.

Calling it a carrier/holder covers all descriptions for them all.
October 29, 2021, 03:11 AM
egregore
Any are correct, but I associate holsters with the gun. For magazines I usually use carrier.
October 29, 2021, 03:00 PM
drill sgt
Do not care what you want to call it as long as it works and gets the job done as intended. ................. drill sgt.
February 27, 2022, 10:46 AM
CQBdirtnap
I personally call it a magazine pouch but have no problem with any of the listed choices.
March 02, 2022, 12:52 PM
OttoSig
I consider them two different things.

Mag pouch makes me think nylon (cordura) or leather.

Mag holder makes me think Kydex.

Most certainly me just being weird but you asked Smile

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!