SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Question on USP magazine carriers answered
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on USP magazine carriers answered Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Looking for USP equipment I find it scarce. Could anyone confirm that Glock 20/21 leather or kydex will fit USP magazines?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a long shot, but:
I have bought several 3D printed mag pouches from a guy on Ebay:
3D Prints by Conner.
He has lots of mag pouches listed for a wide variety of guns, both single and double pouches. The ones I have are priced right, fit the mags great with proper retention.
If he does not have a pouch available for the USP, he might can knock one out for you.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Looking for USP equipment I find it scarce. Could anyone confirm that Glock 20/21 leather or kydex will fit USP magazines?

We might have an option for you. Reach out to me on our website.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Glock magazines are oversized for their respective calibers, due to the thick polymer coating on the outside of their mags.

As a result, it's unlikely that a Glock 21 mag pouch will hold the thinner metal USP magazine tight enough.

If you can't find a dedicated USP .45 mag pouch, you'd probably have better luck with a mag pouch for another similar metal double-stack .45 magazine, like for a XD .45, P320 .45, M&P .45, etc.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Bought bespoke carrier for usp magazines

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Glock magazines are oversized for their respective calibers, due to the thick polymer coating on the outside of their mags.

As a result, it's unlikely that a Glock 21 mag pouch will hold the thinner metal USP magazine tight enough.

If you can't find a dedicated USP .45 mag pouch, you'd probably have better luck with a mag pouch for another similar metal double-stack .45 magazine, like for a XD .45, P320 .45, M&P .45, etc.

This may not be true for a horizontal carry shoulder holster.

Posts: 75 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post