SIGforum
Question on USP magazine carriers answered

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/4760031794

December 19, 2022, 04:17 PM
4MUL8R
Question on USP magazine carriers answered
Looking for USP equipment I find it scarce. Could anyone confirm that Glock 20/21 leather or kydex will fit USP magazines?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
December 26, 2022, 01:05 PM
YooperSigs
Maybe a long shot, but:
I have bought several 3D printed mag pouches from a guy on Ebay:
3D Prints by Conner.
He has lots of mag pouches listed for a wide variety of guns, both single and double pouches. The ones I have are priced right, fit the mags great with proper retention.
If he does not have a pouch available for the USP, he might can knock one out for you.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
December 30, 2022, 07:40 AM
magholderusa
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Looking for USP equipment I find it scarce. Could anyone confirm that Glock 20/21 leather or kydex will fit USP magazines?

We might have an option for you. Reach out to me on our website.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA
December 30, 2022, 10:34 AM
RogueJSK
Glock magazines are oversized for their respective calibers, due to the thick polymer coating on the outside of their mags.

As a result, it's unlikely that a Glock 21 mag pouch will hold the thinner metal USP magazine tight enough.

If you can't find a dedicated USP .45 mag pouch, you'd probably have better luck with a mag pouch for another similar metal double-stack .45 magazine, like for a XD .45, P320 .45, M&P .45, etc.
January 29, 2023, 05:33 PM
4MUL8R
Bought bespoke carrier for usp magazines

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
September 06, 2023, 01:51 AM
Devereaux
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Glock magazines are oversized for their respective calibers, due to the thick polymer coating on the outside of their mags.

As a result, it's unlikely that a Glock 21 mag pouch will hold the thinner metal USP magazine tight enough.

If you can't find a dedicated USP .45 mag pouch, you'd probably have better luck with a mag pouch for another similar metal double-stack .45 magazine, like for a XD .45, P320 .45, M&P .45, etc.

This may not be true for a horizontal carry shoulder holster.