SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Looking for Hammer fired "EDC"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Hammer fired "EDC" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Years ago i wanted a hammer fired .40, we have glocks but i wanted a hammer, so the first was a 226, then a 229, now my EDC is a 239, and have never looked back

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
The S&W CSX just hit the market. Might be worth looking at.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P2000sk in 9mm, liked it so much I just picked up one in .357Sig and it included a .40 barrel even. My new EDC.

Posts: 1625 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the p229 to edc carry. I like the smaller grip for concealment, even if it is minimal.

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
If it’s gotta be a Sig, opt towards a P225-A1 or P239. Otherwise, the Beretta PX4 Compact is a solid choice.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 6906 Smith & Wesson. Had lots of Smith but never that one. It might not be an every day carry, but it will get added to my H & K's, 1911's and Hi-Power in he rotation.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always feel good carrying my P239 SAS 357, especially with a P938 in my pocket.

I want to acquire a few CZs to give them an honest go.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I prefer non railed P229 in 357 Sig.

Nice choice.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
GMan,

If you're still following this thread, what did you end up with?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Another vote for P229 .357 SIG EDC

"Hammer Time"

Posts: 4021 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can’t go wrong with a Sig p225.

Posts: 27 | Location: Pa | Registered: October 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If the SHTF, I'd want that gun as much as any carriable gun. I always liked the old skool P229.

The flip side, it's a big, heavy hunk of metal to have on your hip all day. If newer technology has done anything for carriers, it's to give smaller lighter options with equivalent, for near so, firepower.

quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Another vote for P229 .357 SIG EDC
<snip giant pic>
"Hammer Time"

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I used to carry P229's. Great gun, but it was a lot of weight and was hard on my back. Switched to one of those modern lighter options and my back thanked me.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Yeah, I used to carry P229's. Great gun, but it was a lot of weight and was hard on my back. Switched to one of those modern lighter options and my back thanked me.

Agreed. Love my P229, but it's just too heavy and thick to carry on a regular basis. I have a P6 and a P245 that fit the same holsters, and both of them are just fine to carry (the P245 is my regular carry gun), and to look at they're not that much smaller than the P229. I think the milled slide, the weight of the extra rounds, and the chubby grip push it just beyond the edge of what is comfortable.

Posts: 8539 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post