SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Looking for Hammer fired "EDC"
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Hammer fired "EDC" Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
My favorite nowadays is my P228 SAS non rail.

Posts: 3138 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Although the bulk of suggestions have been 9MM, you didn’t mention caliber or capacity.
Pulling one of my P220s out the safe and heading to the range felt like spending time with an old friend.

Posts: 6122 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gman010:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Does it have to be a Sig? What's your budget?

Id rather it be a Sig. $1500, give or take

$1500 can get you a high end EDC gun w/ money leftover for at least half a case of 9mm ammo. You could get a P226 Legion in DA/SA or SAO; they are very nice, but...

If you like the Beretta 92 platform, you can get a 92G LTT in full, compact, or Centurion size. It has a better trigger & barrel than the Legion and overall is more upgraded than the Legion. Costs the same or less too.

If you care for something P229/G19 size, I concur w/ pulicords that a CZ upgraded by Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom is the way to go. There are several models w/ several options whether you like: steel or aluminum alloy frame, decocker or safety, DA/SA or SAO, rail or no rail. The P-01 and PCR are the most popular models. Full size CZ 75/SP-01 are also nice, but they are significantly larger & heavier than a P226.

Some members mentioned the Beretta PX4. If you go that route, there's an LTT version of that too. If you like rotating barrel pistols, Grand Power is worth taking a look at.

Phoenix AG Fusion is right around your $1500 price point.
https://phx.swiss/index.php?id=117

That's probably what I'd get if I had the money to burn. I do have a Sphinx SDP, which is pretty close, pretty much the predecessor to the Fusion.

HK P30 in standard or longslide w/ Grayguns trigger upgrade is also worth considering.

Posts: 2277 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

Phoenix AG Fusion is right around your $1500 price point.
https://phx.swiss/index.php?id=117

That's probably what I'd get if I had the money to burn. I do have a Sphinx SDP, which is pretty close, pretty much the predecessor to the Fusion.

HK P30 in standard or longslide w/ Grayguns trigger upgrade is also worth considering.

I own a Sphinx SDP Subcompact Alpha and though the workmanship is noteworthy, their customer service here in the USA (through Kriss) absolutely sucked!!! I found it impossible to obtain an "easily replaceable" front sight blade that would allow me to shoot POA/POI. Finally learning that 10-8 performance rear sight (designed for a 1911 .45 ACP) shifted impact to where it needed to be. Without that expedient, other Sphinx users and I were out of luck. I'd be very wary about dealing with any Swiss firearms company associated with Sphinx.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 9589 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
If it has to be a SIG, I'd look at the 2022.
Looking at other quality brands, a H&K P2000 would be my other choice.

This site does a good job showing them and others.

https://www.handgunhero.com/co...uer-sp2022-full-size

Posts: 7116 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The choices are nearly endless,

Case in point, most of my carry guns are hammer-fired.

Ted Yost Browning hi-power 9mm
Fletcher custom hi-power 40/357 sig
P226 SAO 9mm
P226 9mm
P226 40sw,
P225 9mm
Jericho 941F 9mm
Ruger P85mkII
Bereta 92C
HK USP 9,40,45
DW Guardian 9mm
DW Vbob 45,
BNT MKII 9mm
I am sure there are many more that I have forgotten about, but they are mostly range toys. The ones above are guns I have holsters for and practice with.

Posts: 6201 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post