SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Anyone here with Tanker style holster rigs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here with Tanker style holster rigs? Login/Join 
Saluki
posted
I want something to carry a 10mm 1911 for hunting and field use.

Chest rigs seem to be the the new flavor of the day. For good reason? Typically I have a small ruck on my back, something like HPG etc is either over kill or far too small. The Kenai is second choice right now, behind an ElPaso saddlery rig.

Any insights are appreciated.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
I have both the M-3 and M-7 versions. I can pull the M-3 around as more of a chest holster than the M-7.

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ares Tactical made one for me from Kydex for my 1911. I prefer Kydex for wear in rain or snow.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15995 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Do you find them comfortable walking around or better suited to atv type uses?

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can comfortably use mine pretty much anytime, but:
If you are going to use the tie down which snaps to your belt, your outerwear needs to be short enough to accommodate this. If my cold weather jacket wont allow me access to my pants belt, I just add an inch wide nylon belt to the rig to help secure the holster.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15995 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I keep looking at these and is the one I’d get.

https://www.diamonddcustomleat...choice-chest-holster

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8337 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Kenai Chest Holster has long been a standard in the industry for chest carry.

https://gunfightersinc.com/ken...mEAAYASAAEgKocvD_BwE

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I can comfortably use mine pretty much anytime, but:
If you are going to use the tie down which snaps to your belt, your outerwear needs to be short enough to accommodate this. If my cold weather jacket wont allow me access to my pants belt, I just add an inch wide nylon belt to the rig to help secure the holster.
Thank you for mentioning this. Most often I’d be in a coat.

posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Gunfighters Inc. Kenai for my 610 on clearance from Midway for $73. I’m excited to try it.

Posts: 630 | Registered: September 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
I don’t have pictures but I love the simply rugged chesty puller suspension system. I can use it with any of my 3 slot pancake holsters so it is not just stuck with one hand gun. It holds good and doesn’t flop on horseback or on the four wheeler

Chesty puller system

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kg5388:
I don’t have pictures but I love the simply rugged chesty puller suspension system. I can use it with any of my 3 slot pancake holsters so it is not just stuck with one hand gun. It holds good and doesn’t flop on horseback or on the four wheeler

Chesty puller system
Ive got one of the pancake holsters for a Blackhawk. It would make sense to get that rig for a 1911 with the ability to trade it onto the Blackhawk holster.

Thanks for the insight.

Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tanker style holster rig

I use the Cobra Chest Holster Combo, that holster can be used as an OWB (That i use everyday actually), then with a few screws you can convert it to be a chest holster. Concealment Solutions is the company.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/7390020484

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the M7 while serving. I wouldn’t use the belt loop and could move the holster from from to under my arm depending on need. Was helpful to get in and out of tight spaces.
Never had a problem with comfort or retaining my sidearm. Unless I had to run with it but that was not common.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
For hunting I typically go with the Diamond D leather type holster; I find that it's quieter than my Kenai. The Kenai tends to make creaking noises and I can't have that during the bowhunting season here in Colorado. I'll typically carry a pistol/revolver rather then launching an arrow off the side of the mountain at a grouse and then having to go & search for my arrow Roll Eyes

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 221 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple of the original Kenai rigs for about 6-8 years now. One fits a G20 (now a G40 MOS, which fits just fine) and the other a S&W N-frame.

They hold up well, are very convenient, and don't get in the way of whatever you're doing. I frequently carry one while hunting or fly fishing and it's a comfortable solution. Also excellent while operating various vehicles. As mentioned above, the Kydex tends to creak a bit, so if you want dead silent I'd look at the Diamond D rig. I've been considering one myself.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post