SIGforum
Anyone here with Tanker style holster rigs?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/2960047494

September 11, 2022, 10:31 AM
reflex/deflex 64
Anyone here with Tanker style holster rigs?
I want something to carry a 10mm 1911 for hunting and field use.

Chest rigs seem to be the the new flavor of the day. For good reason? Typically I have a small ruck on my back, something like HPG etc is either over kill or far too small. The Kenai is second choice right now, behind an ElPaso saddlery rig.

Any insights are appreciated.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------
September 11, 2022, 04:38 PM
john1
I have both the M-3 and M-7 versions. I can pull the M-3 around as more of a chest holster than the M-7.
September 12, 2022, 04:13 PM
YooperSigs
Ares Tactical made one for me from Kydex for my 1911. I prefer Kydex for wear in rain or snow.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
September 14, 2022, 10:59 AM
reflex/deflex 64
Do you find them comfortable walking around or better suited to atv type uses?

September 14, 2022, 02:41 PM
YooperSigs
I can comfortably use mine pretty much anytime, but:
If you are going to use the tie down which snaps to your belt, your outerwear needs to be short enough to accommodate this. If my cold weather jacket wont allow me access to my pants belt, I just add an inch wide nylon belt to the rig to help secure the holster.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
September 14, 2022, 07:28 PM
Riley
I keep looking at these and is the one I’d get.

https://www.diamonddcustomleat...choice-chest-holster

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.
September 15, 2022, 02:44 AM
DaBigBR
The Kenai Chest Holster has long been a standard in the industry for chest carry.

https://gunfightersinc.com/ken...mEAAYASAAEgKocvD_BwE
September 15, 2022, 05:28 AM
reflex/deflex 64
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I can comfortably use mine pretty much anytime, but:
If you are going to use the tie down which snaps to your belt, your outerwear needs to be short enough to accommodate this. If my cold weather jacket wont allow me access to my pants belt, I just add an inch wide nylon belt to the rig to help secure the holster.
Thank you for mentioning this. Most often I’d be in a coat.

September 16, 2022, 03:52 PM
drummerguy73
I just picked up a Gunfighters Inc. Kenai for my 610 on clearance from Midway for $73. I’m excited to try it.
September 20, 2022, 10:47 PM
kg5388
I don’t have pictures but I love the simply rugged chesty puller suspension system. I can use it with any of my 3 slot pancake holsters so it is not just stuck with one hand gun. It holds good and doesn’t flop on horseback or on the four wheeler

Chesty puller system

September 25, 2022, 10:15 PM
reflex/deflex 64
quote:
Originally posted by kg5388:
I don’t have pictures but I love the simply rugged chesty puller suspension system. I can use it with any of my 3 slot pancake holsters so it is not just stuck with one hand gun. It holds good and doesn’t flop on horseback or on the four wheeler

Chesty puller system
Ive got one of the pancake holsters for a Blackhawk. It would make sense to get that rig for a 1911 with the ability to trade it onto the Blackhawk holster.

Thanks for the insight.

September 27, 2022, 09:46 AM
magholderusa
quote:
Tanker style holster rig

I use the Cobra Chest Holster Combo, that holster can be used as an OWB (That i use everyday actually), then with a few screws you can convert it to be a chest holster. Concealment Solutions is the company.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA
December 04, 2022, 05:58 AM
4MUL8R
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/7390020484

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
July 19, 2023, 05:42 AM
Augen
I used the M7 while serving. I wouldn’t use the belt loop and could move the holster from from to under my arm depending on need. Was helpful to get in and out of tight spaces.
Never had a problem with comfort or retaining my sidearm. Unless I had to run with it but that was not common.
August 10, 2023, 11:43 AM
toxophilus84
For hunting I typically go with the Diamond D leather type holster; I find that it's quieter than my Kenai. The Kenai tends to make creaking noises and I can't have that during the bowhunting season here in Colorado. I'll typically carry a pistol/revolver rather then launching an arrow off the side of the mountain at a grouse and then having to go & search for my arrow Roll Eyes

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".
August 10, 2023, 01:19 PM
Killer Instincts
I've had a couple of the original Kenai rigs for about 6-8 years now. One fits a G20 (now a G40 MOS, which fits just fine) and the other a S&W N-frame.

They hold up well, are very convenient, and don't get in the way of whatever you're doing. I frequently carry one while hunting or fly fishing and it's a comfortable solution. Also excellent while operating various vehicles. As mentioned above, the Kydex tends to creak a bit, so if you want dead silent I'd look at the Diamond D rig. I've been considering one myself.