SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Ozarks Holsters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ozarks Holsters Login/Join 
Picture of pops572
posted
Does anyone know if Dustin Osbourne is still in business? I ordered one of his hybrids 2 months ago and tried checking on the status and have heard nothing. Hos website is still up and functioning but I have ordered several from him and always got excellent service both speed and email reaponses. This time just seems completely out of character for him.

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I used to live around the corner from him for about 4 years. We’ve since moved but I was keeping in contact with him via text occasionally. Haven’t heard from him in a while. I’ll check in to see how he’s doing and report back.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Several of my emails have gone unanswered, going back several months.
I am wondering, myself.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I hope everything is OK. I've bought a few holsters from him over the years and have been very satisfied.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I placed an order on March 27, delivery time was supposed to be 4-5 weeks. on May 3, I sent a message asking about my holster. On May 4th he sent me a message saying his arm was broke and my holster was a month away from making it to the bench. On June 21 I left a message telling him to cancel my order, I got a message back saying “it was going to ship out tomorrow but I noticed your email so I’ll pack it away for a possible future order, thanks”. I got my money back.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
Well I am 9 weeks in with no response to a few emails, so I am going to Paypal now.

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent him a few emails months ago and earlier this month with no response. I really like his holsters and was hoping to place some orders.

Posts: 465 | Location: Space City | Registered: October 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
Well I got a refund through Paypal but still no response from Dustin. Guess I will just have to be content with my Vedder’s now.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I've called once and now emailed twice without a response. PayPal next week if I don't hear from him. Too bad.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Sad to (maybe) lose another one man operation holster shop. BRL is another that built beautiful leather holsters, but he's evidently gone TU as well.

Living takes its toll on all of us.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Sad to (maybe) lose another one man operation holster shop. BRL is another that built beautiful leather holsters, but he's evidently gone TU as well.

I can attest to BRL, I never received a paid in full holster from him. Responded for a while, promising he would get it out on multiple occasions. Then went completely radio silent. I just wrote it off and gave up.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

I can attest to BRL, I never received a paid in full holster from him. Responded for a while, promising he would get it out on multiple occasions. Then went completely radio silent. I just wrote it off and gave up.

Your situation was what I was thinking of. There's no real excuse (short of death) for not completing a job that was paid for in full and waited for for so many months.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I ordered a holster and mag carrier from Ozark back in January. That was the last I heard. Emails and phone calls go unanswered, including the last one where I asked him to refund my money if he's not going to deliver.

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Oy. Sad to hear that two members formerly in good standing have sunk to this.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do we know what happened to them? That is to say- either or both of them might have passed away, or be sick or any number of things. Of course it's far more likely that they simply became bored with making holsters but it's possible that there's a different explanation. Unlikely, but possible.

Dustin's a nice guy. I don't know BRL. I'll tell what I've seen over the years- hobbyists who have some talent and start a small business selling holsters or whatever, but have a full-time job doing something else, can then become bored or perhaps the work load gets too heavy, and they abandon the side job because this is not their primary source of income.

I do agree wholeheartedly that- barring incapacitation or death- accepting money for goods or services and then disappearing is entirely unacceptable. Once you see a vendor do something like that, they're not coming back, and that's very unfortunate.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The websites of both OZARK and BRL are still active with only the latter stating no further orders are being taken.

FWIW, I always wanted a DEL FATTI 1911 holster but the wait was insanely long. His website says they're still working on 2015 orders! Yikes, most people may not even have the pistol they owned when they ordered a holster.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Once you see a vendor do something like that, they're not coming back, and that's very unfortunate.

Sadly, this does seem to be the case. I've seen dozens of examples on gun and knife forums over the years. While I won't say a maker coming back from something like this never happens, I don't recall ever seeing it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25987 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
BRL (Scott) last posted in July it’s been 2 years for Dustin.

From a post from BRL almost a year ago:

quote:
Going to be a while if I do. My day job these days barely leaves me any time at all. I do miss doing more of it though and just erupted my website domain for another 3 years at a rediculous cost.

It’s nice to know there is still some demand Smile

I guess life got in the way but filled or paid orders should be taken care of anyways.

Posts: 4979 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Knowing Dustin personally I don’t want to speculate too much but I know he did break his arm back around the first of the year, that really put a dent in his ability to make holsters for a while. He was always playing catch up with orders, but it was a testament to his product. I’m guessing maybe it was just too much to recover from. Even with all the orders I know it was hard to make a living from holsters alone.

Whatever the case I hope he’s well and maybe I’ll hear back from him soon.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post